Visit site
✟16,747.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
Have you ever wondered, do I hear the voice of Jesus. Are you afraid you are not one of his sheep, not knowing you are in the hands of God? Are you making the best decisions in life?

Well, I'm here to help, because, as a Born Again Christian, I want to rely some scriptural truths about listening to the spirit, hearing Jesus voice in this life.

First, let me bring up what the above questions are all about.

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

If these questions above are stealing your free will, your ability to act and decide, than its the questions that a thief is making you answer. We all know who the thief is, it's Satan. He would love nothing but to live in abstract fear that you are not doing the will of the Lord, because if you are afraid to act, you become an unprofitable servant, described in the parable of the 3 men who were given talents. Two went out immediately, without being told, and invested in themselves with those talents, and gained more to give back, while the other was too afraid to do anything, but hide.

So, if you think God is just going to tell you how to live - you have another thing coming. Satan wants you to think that, so you will live in abstract fear, but God gave you dominion over the world to enjoy it, and worship him.

And because you get this scared, you will listen to any voice that comes around, telling you it is God, and that you need to do that. It will tell you some right things to do, but after a while, it will tell you to do things that you shouldn't do, and it will use guilt and fear to keep you doing what it wants, to your deterement.

This is the counterfit of Satan, who wants dominion over your life.

And then, there is the true voice of the spirit.

He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

So, the holy spirit resides no where else but your belly. The third person of the trinity guides us in this life by guiding us the way we should go. Not telling, but guiding.

Whenever you feel nervous about doing something, that is the spirit talking to you, telling you not to take that action, or think those thoughts.

You see, a couple of years ago, I was about to quit my job to go back to school that September. I applied. And the day I printed my two weeks notice, I felt weird about it. I wanted to quit my job and go to school taking animation, but the spirit was telling me not to do that. And when I saw the schedule, I felt wrong about that too, like I shouldn't go. And when I was at school, I couldn't help but feel wrong about it. So, in two weeks, I quit school, got my money back, and decided to start a year later, which I felt in the spirit was the right thing to do.

Well, I don't know the future, I only know that God, who saw the future, knew it was better for me to go the following year. So, I didn't know I was going to get back in shape, which lead me to go in the Cross Country Team, with a coach whose son works for EA games - one of the biggest computer game manufacturing firms in North America, and guess what, I'm taking animation to be a video game creator! Wow, God sure knows what he's doing!

Also, I saved up so much money, that I still have enough money to pay for my rent until September. Wow, God sure knows what he's doing.

And the coolest thing is, there's this Girl that I became friends with that has made me three times the man for knowing her, even though we are just friends, and she has a boyfriend, and I wouldn't have meet her if I didn't start this year! Wow, God sure knows what he's doing.

When the spirit talks to you, it won't be in words, but it will be through your spirit, into your heart, and later you realize what he was really saying in your mind, and to reveal the meaning of scripture to you.

I hope that helps you all.

peace4ever

Apr 14, 2006
✟15,776.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Have you ever wondered, do I hear the voice of Jesus. Are you afraid you are not one of his sheep, not knowing you are in the hands of God? Are you making the best decisions in life?

Well, I'm here to help, because, as a Born Again Christian, I want to rely some scriptural truths about listening to the spirit, hearing Jesus voice in this life.

First, let me bring up what the above questions are all about.

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

If these questions above are stealing your free will, your ability to act and decide, than its the questions that a thief is making you answer. We all know who the thief is, it's Satan. He would love nothing but to live in abstract fear that you are not doing the will of the Lord, because if you are afraid to act, you become an unprofitable servant, described in the parable of the 3 men who were given talents. Two went out immediately, without being told, and invested in themselves with those talents, and gained more to give back, while the other was too afraid to do anything, but hide.

So, if you think God is just going to tell you how to live - you have another thing coming. Satan wants you to think that, so you will live in abstract fear, but God gave you dominion over the world to enjoy it, and worship him.

And because you get this scared, you will listen to any voice that comes around, telling you it is God, and that you need to do that. It will tell you some right things to do, but after a while, it will tell you to do things that you shouldn't do, and it will use guilt and fear to keep you doing what it wants, to your deterement.

This is the counterfit of Satan, who wants dominion over your life.

And then, there is the true voice of the spirit.

He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

So, the holy spirit resides no where else but your belly. The third person of the trinity guides us in this life by guiding us the way we should go. Not telling, but guiding.

Whenever you feel nervous about doing something, that is the spirit talking to you, telling you not to take that action, or think those thoughts.

You see, a couple of years ago, I was about to quit my job to go back to school that September. I applied. And the day I printed my two weeks notice, I felt weird about it. I wanted to quit my job and go to school taking animation, but the spirit was telling me not to do that. And when I saw the schedule, I felt wrong about that too, like I shouldn't go. And when I was at school, I couldn't help but feel wrong about it. So, in two weeks, I quit school, got my money back, and decided to start a year later, which I felt in the spirit was the right thing to do.

Well, I don't know the future, I only know that God, who saw the future, knew it was better for me to go the following year. So, I didn't know I was going to get back in shape, which lead me to go in the Cross Country Team, with a coach whose son works for EA games - one of the biggest computer game manufacturing firms in North America, and guess what, I'm taking animation to be a video game creator! Wow, God sure knows what he's doing!

Also, I saved up so much money, that I still have enough money to pay for my rent until September. Wow, God sure knows what he's doing.

And the coolest thing is, there's this Girl that I became friends with that has made me three times the man for knowing her, even though we are just friends, and she has a boyfriend, and I wouldn't have meet her if I didn't start this year! Wow, God sure knows what he's doing.

When the spirit talks to you, it won't be in words, but it will be through your spirit, into your heart, and later you realize what he was really saying in your mind, and to reveal the meaning of scripture to you.

I hope that helps you all.

Since the indwelling Holy Spirit in born again Christians is the same Spirit with which the bible was written, they will always agree with each other. So when our interpretation contradicts any verse in the bible, then it's not from God. :wave:

Upvote 0

MrPolo

Woe those who call evil good + good evil. Is 5:20
Jul 29, 2007
Visit site
✟17,196.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Since the indwelling Holy Spirit in born again Christians is the same Spirit with which the bible was written, they will always agree with each other. So when our interpretation contradicts any verse in the bible, then it's not from God. :wave:

This is true.

Upvote 0

JimfromOhio

Life of Trials :)
Feb 7, 2004
Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

I agree. :thumbsup:

Scripture never commands us to tune into any inner voice. We’re commanded to study and meditate on Scripture (Joshua 1:8; Ps. 1:1-2). We’re instructed to cultivate wisdom and discernment (Prov. 4:5-8). We’re told to walk wisely and make the most of our time (Eph. 5:15-16). We’re ordered to be obedient to God’s commands (Deut. 28:1-2; Jn. 15:14). But we are never encouraged to listen for inner promptings. On the contrary, we are warned that our hearts are so deceitful and desperately wicked that we cannot understand them (Jer. 17:9). Surely this should make us very reluctant to heed promptings and messages that arise from within ourselves. Those willing to heed inner voices and mental impressions may be listening to the lies of a deceitful heart, the fantasies of an overactive imagination, or even the voice of a demon. Once objective criteria are cast aside, there is no way to know the difference between truth and falsehood. Those who follow subjective impressions are by definition undiscerning.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.