Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2005
✟178,523.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
How the faithful voted: A preliminary 2016 analysis

It is amazing that religious people in America overwhelmingly voted for a man who is an thinks adultry is not a sin
Donald Trump in 1990: Adultery is Not a Sin
who lies like others breath
Donald Trump is a consistent, brazen, serial liar
who cheats people who work for him
The Art of the Steal: Report suggests Trump cheated hundreds of workers out of pay — he’d screw voters just the same
then takes a tax break from cheating others
Donald Trump Got a Tax Break For Stiffing Contractors

81% white born again Christians
61% Mormons
60% white Catholics
58% Protestant

AMAZING!

The more people attended church, the more likely they were to vote trump

You own him Evangelical Christians, Protestants and white Catholics, and every time he goes against the Bible, people like me will be here to point it out to you. You (collectively in a general sense) are responsible for the things he will do to others, and it will be in your names.

I hope a trump America will be granted you everything you prayed for.

Aug 29, 2005
✟178,523.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
People didn't necessarily vote for Trump because they thought he was really good, they didn't want to vote for Hilary because she was worse.

Wasn't Hilary planning to create more abortion clinics?

This is a poor logical response. The vote was cast FOR trump, even if the reason was against Clinton. The lesser of two evils is still a vote for evil.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

It is amazing that religious people in America overwhelmingly voted for a man who is an thinks adultry is not a sin
The Art of the Steal: Report suggests Trump cheated hundreds of workers out of pay — he’d screw voters just the same

61% Mormons
60% white Catholics
58% Protestant

AMAZING!

You own him Evangelical Christians, Protestants and white Catholics, and every time he goes against the Bible, people like me will be here to point it out to you. You (collectively in a general sense) are responsible for the things he will do to others, and it will be in your names.

Yes. It's sad how Christians missed the chance to elect St. Hillary.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟178,523.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Yes. It's sad how Christians missed the chance to elect St. Hillary.
Another poster who misses the point. Good job.

I clearly posted that many Christians voted for a morally corrupted man. That is the topic.

When it comes to morality, those who voted for trump have shown that they are not concerned with the morals of the candidate, so discussing Clinton is moot. This is about trump.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Another poster who misses the point. Good job.

Or understood the point perfectly, but you missed theirs. :)

I'm a christian, Trump won, nothing is likely to change that, and...

Snoopydancing.gif

Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

61% Mormons
60% white Catholics
58% Protestant

AMAZING!

I identify as a Christian for lack of a better term, but I don't do thee c urchin it religion, therfore I did not vote. Most of my family worships supply side jesus and their local preacher of church in it, and they all voted for trump because the babies, and the fact they hate anyone who is not lily white, so trump was a good fit. My oldest son goes to church where I used to with his wife and my grandchildren and his pastor wrote an oped in the local paper castigating non-verbal like myself my son, and his wife as murderers. Trump voters, especially the one who claim to worship a caring, loving God really get my goat, pretending hate did not drive their vote. At least Hillary voters for the most part made no bones about it, they didn't care she was a criminal and human garbage. The churchianity crowd actually hailed Trump as someone with few if any real character flaws. When you are on the side of the KKK you really should think about what that means.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟178,523.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I always thought that abortion is the only issue evangelicals base their votes on.
Which is another issue where many seem to be clueless.

The ENTIRE time in America when abortion has been legal, the Supreme Court has leaned conservative....

not once was abortion overturned.

• Agree
Reactions: aieyiamfu
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LadyCrosstalk

Aug 19, 2006
✟30,242.00
Faith
Christian
This is a poor logical response. The vote was cast FOR trump, even if the reason was against Clinton. The lesser of two evils is still a vote for evil.

When you dredge up things from the distant past, you are smearing Trump--he could have changed greatly in the intervening time. Ignoring Clinton's obviously present crimes and immorality is much more of a mistake and one wonders how you can arrive at the conclusion that what?--we shouldn't vote for anyone?

• Agree
Reactions: CrystalDragon
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
It was a matter of voting for the least dangerous to religious liberty.

This is precisely what I've said. My vote was for the furtherance of the church. The way things were heading, persecution was coming at the church rapidly. Religious liberty was eroding before our eyes.

• Haha
Reactions: LinguaIgnota
Upvote 0

Sultan Of Swing

Jan 4, 2015
✟9,476.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Which is another issue where many seem to be clueless.

The ENTIRE time in America when abortion has been legal, the Supreme Court has leaned conservative....

not once was abortion overturned.
But now Trump has pledged to appoint justices who actually would overturn Roe vs Wade, so that will be a change.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Aug 29, 2005
✟178,523.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟178,523.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
This is precisely what I've said. My vote was for the furtherance of the church. The way things were heading, persecution was coming at the church rapidly. Religious liberty was eroding before our eyes.
Hate Toward Muslims Is Growing and It’s Donald Trump’s Fault
Hate Toward Muslims Is Growing and It’s Donald Trump’s Fault

The Constitution is clear, and it is clear that trump does not believe in the Constitution./

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Religious liberty is being eroded for Muslims, which is unconstitutional.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟894,401.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
People didn't necessarily vote for Trump because they thought he was really good, they didn't want to vote for Hilary because she was worse.

Wasn't Hilary planning to create more abortion clinics?

Voting for the perceived lesser of the two evils is one thing... but the fact the religious right wheeled Trump out as practically the second coming is, well, disgusting.

Someone appropriately stated one of the more startling ironies of it all as how Republicans were crying out about Target allowing transgender folks to use whatever bathroom they please meaning that men will sexually assault their daughters... yet they voted for a man who bragged about precisely the same thing.

Voting for the lesser of two evils would set an entirely different tone to that disgraceful election cycle than what we saw. People wouldn't take pride in it. They wouldn't boast or brag about it. Frankly they should have been equally pained to have him as their 'only' option. But no, we saw very little of that at all.
We saw the gang-like loyalty to political party in spite of everything.

Just sad all around, really.

Upvote 0

Sultan Of Swing

Jan 4, 2015
✟9,476.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
You believe a serial liar?

you support activist judges?
Nah, constitutional originalists. There was no provision for women to have a right to abortion in the constitution.

They say Trump is down to the final four when it comes to nominating a SC justice, and he's confirmed they are still from the same list of conservative justices he provided in the summer.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,220,131.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Yup, and that's why I voted for McMullen. Turns out Trump would have won Minnesota if not for the 53,000 of us right here in Minnesota who refused to vote for him.

The problem with voting for someone is that the voter is then operantly conditioned to be more accepting of the person they voted for. In the case of voting for the lesser of two evils, that means a partial acceptance of the evils of the lesser candidate. Being willing to overlook the serious deficiencies of Donald Trump is a side effect of voting for him, even if it was a vote against Hillary. It works the other way too. Those who voted for Hillary have contaminated themselves in similar ways. In this election that means that almost all of us have been compromised, have compromised ourselves, in voting for awful candidates.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.