1. New: Christian Forums Staff Recruit Video.- It's that time of year again. We are having our annual Staff Recruit Drive. Simply ask any staffer to help you apply and enjoy the video...
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How should we then live concerning gays?

Discussion in 'Christian Current Affairs' started by Gareb, Jun 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lovely Lane

Lovely Lane Guest

Shame on you for being ashamed. ^_^

2. Zaac

Zaac New Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't say homosexuals are a sin. Homosexuals are people. People are not sin.

The homosexual acts are sin because God says so, not because I say so. And if you disagree with that, take it up with God. Or maybe you've got another link of "I feels" where some man who isn't omnipotent and omniscient has decided that the homosexual acts aren't sinful that you want to point us to.

Yes, the liberal anti-Christ, pro-homosexual everything types are out in force today.

3. Zaac

Zaac New Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Baptist
    It's the ones endorsing what God says is sin who would be the anti-Christs but I'm sure you got a link to undo that too. :thumbsup:

4. Lovely Lane

Lovely Lane Guest

yes, I agree, and yet you are still talking.

5. Lovely Lane

Lovely Lane Guest

6. Zaac

Zaac New Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Baptist
    Somebody has got to correct the liberal error. Might as well be me.^_^ And I hear you're thinking about changing your moniker.

7. Theofane

Theofane Guest

What a commendable attitude you have! Having a gay sibling is maybe a blessing-in-disguise if you would otherwise be callous to gay people and their plight.

8. Zaac

Zaac New Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Baptist
    People murder too.
    People rape.
    People molest.
    People steal.
    People commit adultery.

In your liberal version of the world where the secular supersedes God they might be able to marry. But for the folks preaching God's word, marriage will remain a covenant between God and a husband and his one wife.

9. Zaac

Zaac New Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Baptist
    Grannie Annie has said the same thing that most Christians say in identifying them as sinners. It's them and liberals who seem to be set on convincing folks that their sins aren't sin.

10. Theofane

Theofane Guest

Be extremely careful when lecturing people on their sins.

11. Zaac

Zaac New Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Baptist
    Who is lecturing? Just calling it what God calls it. And the liberals and gays have a problem with that. But that's par for the course.

If God speaks against it, liberals seem to be for it. If God speaks for it, liberals seem to be against it.

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
    Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness....
    Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes,
    And prudent in their own sight!
    Isaiah 5:20-21

12. keeptheSONinyoureyes

keeptheSONinyoureyes Junior Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian

I would call it what it is hating sin.....not homophobe.

Since God said homosexuality is a sin I will stay with what God said about that abomination ( homosexuality ).

13. Gareb

Gareb Newbie

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Someone wrote "Sin is NOT natural. Sin misses the mark of what is natural." That is incorrect protestant orthodox theology. Protestant orthodox theology is that all of nature is in sin and corrected. Appealing to nature or what God has created as good in incorrect. To sin in natural.

14. Lovely Lane

Lovely Lane Guest

Can you give me the Hebrew or Greek spelling of homosexual as it is in the original texts? Bet you are like me in that we detest misrepresentations and misinterpretations, right?

15. mandelduke

mandelduke Newbie

Marital Status:
    In Relationship
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Mark 12:30:31
    30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these.

James 2:10:13
    10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.
    12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.
    13 For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.

16. Gareb

Gareb Newbie

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    I think it is all much more difficult. It seems clear that some passages in the LAW speak against homosexual behavior and what Paul writes in Romans seems to also. However, there are other things in the LAW that one would receive the death penalty for that I suspect all of us would be appalled at. And what Paul writes 'God gave them up to a debased mind' does not fit with the few homosexuals I know. Or at least not any more so than many heterosexuals. Based on this I can't come up a rational understanding. On the other hand, some of the things that Oscar Wild wrote I would consider him as one with a depraved mind.

17. Zaac

Zaac New Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Baptist
    Looks like you're typing in English. So unless you're coming in here typing in Hebrew or Greek, what does anyone need to give that to you for?^_^

18. Zaac

Zaac New Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Baptist
    Sin is sin because GOD says so.:thumbsup:

19. Lovely Lane

Lovely Lane Guest

Because I was wanting to find the truth without any misrepresentations from traditional pulpit rhetoric. Seems you haven't any pertinent information about it that's why you come up with some immature off the wall elementary thought.

20. Jpark

Jpark Contributor

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian
    That depends.

If they're believers of God,

read 1 Cor. 5:9-13

If they're not believers, then show gentleness.

Certainly.

Merely containing wickedness is insufficient. Permitting it is not acceptable either (except in certain circumstances). Change of mind is the necessary solution, but that cannot come by duress.

Until then, all one can do is pray and hope.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.