Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It seems to me that I'm constantly hearing or reading about widows and widowers who have lost their spouses to some type of cancer. The prayer mail I get from my church every day or so always has someone who has been diagnosed with cancer or is dealing with it in some way.

How many of you have lost your spouse to some type of cancer? How long were they fighting it? What type?

I haven't lost a spouse to cancer but I sure have lost lots of friends to it!

I am at this moment listening to minute number 43 of this fantastic video:

G. Edward Griffin - A World Without Cancer - The Story Of Vitamin B17 - YouTube

Apricot Seeds Kill Cancer Cells without Side Effects

Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children."

Upvote 0

corno12

Aug 10, 2012
New Hampshire
✟7,637.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
My husband passed away June 25, 2012. He was only 56. He had acute myelogenous leukemia but actually his blood work was improving very well. He had a bone marrow transplant but got Graft Versus Host disease, which attacked his colon and he was very sick for six weeks. To treat the colon they put him on 164 mg of steroids IV a day. He did improve but the steroids chewed up his arm and leg muscles and then he had to go to rehab. He died very suddenly last year. I think it must have been the steroids that had affected his heart; the doctor surmised that he had cardiac arrest.

My best friend's husband died 5 months earlier last year to bone cancer which left him paralyzed.

My husband's sister died 6 months before him of lung cancer (she was a very heavy smoker for 30 years).

My husband's brother had kidney cancer but it is under control, thank God.

And my supervisor had endometrial cancer, and a co-worker is battling
kidney cancer with complications.

It is everywhere, and you never think it will happen to the people you love or know, or to yourself.

Praise God that his mercies are new every morning.

Upvote 0

Mishclark

Mar 15, 2010
Central Coast NSW
✟7,828.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
It seems to me that I'm constantly hearing or reading about widows and widowers who have lost their spouses to some type of cancer. The prayer mail I get from my church every day or so always has someone who has been diagnosed with cancer or is dealing with it in some way.

How many of you have lost your spouse to some type of cancer? How long were they fighting it? What type?

Hello,

I'm from Sydney, Australia, I don't post much on the forum and haven't been on for a long time, have only recently come back.

I lost my husband of 17 years (he was nearly 51) in July 2012. He had bowel cancer that had spread to the liver, fought it very well for 2.5 years till the last 6 weeks, then went very fast.

I have two beautiful daughters, one 15 next week and one 12 next month..

We are doing well, time does tend to heal a bit...:)

Terribly sad to see so many others in the same sitation..:(

Upvote 0

Ayleeann

God Save America from the evil one
Oct 10, 2013
Montana
✟15,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Constitution

My husband passed at 52 from lung cancer. I know it's literally a death sentence unless caught very early (he was stage 3 when diagnosed), he died 15 months later. I was shocked, I just somehow believed, or wanted to, because he kept up the appearance he believed he would survive. It was only a month after he died when I discovered his doctor had told him 3 weeks before he passed that there was nothing more they could do for him. He never said a word. He even kept working until the day he died. He was on his way home in a car pool with others when he had a cardiac arrest brought on by bleeding into his lungs.

I'm still shocked. He was only 52. Too young :crosseo:

Upvote 0

myJuanandonly

Oct 14, 2013
Northern Colorado
✟7,615.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
My husband died from cancer 6 months ago. We were told everything would be okay they just needed to remove the tumor once chemo reduced the size of it and it actually caused him to bleed internally. He went home with God the morning of April 9th he fought so hard to live but God said he was done.

Upvote 0

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
My husband passed at 52 from lung cancer. I know it's literally a death sentence unless caught very early (he was stage 3 when diagnosed), he died 15 months later. I was shocked, I just somehow believed, or wanted to, because he kept up the appearance he believed he would survive. It was only a month after he died when I discovered his doctor had told him 3 weeks before he passed that there was nothing more they could do for him. He never said a word. He even kept working until the day he died. He was on his way home in a car pool with others when he had a cardiac arrest brought on by bleeding into his lungs.

I'm still shocked. He was only 52. Too young :crosseo:

My husband died from cancer 6 months ago. We were told everything would be okay they just needed to remove the tumor once chemo reduced the size of it and it actually caused him to bleed internally. He went home with God the morning of April 9th he fought so hard to live but God said he was done.

It's so hard isn't it? My husband died one day after his 55th birthday. It wasn't a surprise as we were playing the waiting game, but still.....now that I'm 8 years being a widow, it is still hard to believe, but I have come to believe that God DID heal him, just not here on earth in this physical body that would die again. And IMO he is in a FAR better place than we are. But still I am sorry for your losses. I pray that God gives you the strength to carry on. We all die at some point and IMO, we can never prepare enough for it whether it be by accident, or a known illness. We will always miss them, until we see them again.....:hug::hug::hug:

Upvote 0

myJuanandonly

Oct 14, 2013
Northern Colorado
✟7,615.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you. He was 38 years old we have four boys ages 4 to 19 my step daughter moved back with her mom after being with us for 8 years. She is also 19. I agree they are in a much better place. My boys miss him a lot as I do. Its a very long story but he was in prison when they found the cancer mass back in 97 he had testicular cancer. The mass was found in early 2011 but he was told it was scar tissue when I pulled the report they had diagnosed it as germ cell tumor on Dec. 7th 2011 but it was not until he saw a different oncologist on Sept 27th 2012 that they confirmed it was cancer and a fast growing tumor by that time he went from 175 lbs of a health weight to 140 lbs. In November of 2012 they started chemo he was released and came home Feb. 13th of 2013 we went into the hospital on April 1st from a low blood count and he didn't leave. Sometimes I feel like he is just in prision away and we will be a family again soon like we had waited for those three years. I know he is happy and free of pain but I miss him so much but I also know God has control and knows what is best for me and my boys. We just keep praying. God bless you and I am sorry for your loss also.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Wow 38 is way too young and I know it is so sad for the kids. I have two boys who are now almost 16 and 19. My older one has anger issues. He is learning to control them better as he ages, but for the first two years he was SO angry at my husband for leaving us! He didn't understand that it wasn't his dad's choice, ya know? He was only almost 11 when my husband died. My younger one was 7. He is super sensitive. If I even talk sternly to him he considers it yelling. One thing I kind of regret is not doing any counseling. I thought I could handle it, and mostly I have, but maybe my boys would have been better off to be able to talk to someone and I'm sure I could have benefited as well. I think we have come to terms with it mostly and my older son is SO much his father's son and he now embraces it and is no longer mad at dad. The younger one has alot of his traits too but different ones. Now that it has been 8 years I feel stuck. I am afraid to date and afraid to be alone when my kids grow up and leave to live their own lives. My life is so far out of whack and one of the main reasons I haven't dated. I hate my body. I have gained 50 unwanted pounds. My finances are a mess, I live paycheck to paycheck and have massive massive credit card debt, not from being extravagant, just from living and trying to maintain our before death lifestyle I guess. Oh well, I know God is still with me even in my failures. And even though it will be hard for you and your boys God will get you thru it.
One thing I did for my boys is had them make scrapbooks with pictures of their dad and them doing things together so they would not forget that he was there once with them. I think I love those books more than they do, but I know at the time it was special for them and helped them thru it.

Upvote 0

myJuanandonly

Oct 14, 2013
Northern Colorado
✟7,615.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
I want to make a book for each of them with pictures of each with daddy and other family things we have done it's just that all our stuff is still packed away in boxes. We had to sell our house for finacial reasons so we live with my parents and my plan is to finish their basement so we can have our own space. My boys thank God have a new counsler at school and this year she has created groups that have had a loss to meet once a month to talk which I know helps them especially with kids around their age. My 8 year old doesnt want to talk to me yet about daddy I told him when he was ready I'm here my 7 yr old loves to write and my 4 year old he loves to talk about daddy my 19 year old has some anger. Each one of my boys has something from my husband looks, attitude, actions its wonderful to see him in them. I know that so much has changed since he was taken from our home on that september morning at 5:20 AM I had to buckle down financially, I became a single parent I had to pay all the bills on my own and hire an attorney, but God provided in every single way He provided. I just recently lost 30 pounds still need to lose another 30 but I decided I need to take care of myself so I can take care of my boys. I work out during my lunch hour with a couple of guys here at my work they work in different departments but they keep me accountable and then I started eating right. I need to eat right so my boys eat right. I don't want to be alone and my husband was my everything before he died he did give me his blessing to continue and I am not rushing out to do that but I thought to myself and talk with God I am never going to stop loving him and I know he loved me and God is going to do what God sees best from me and the boys. It took me a while to find the man that would take me and my oldest as a package deal but God brought him to us and God will do the same for me and my package of 4 now. We are blessed to have been able to have loved and my boys were blessed to have known their daddy and have all those memories in their hearts. This was not our plan with God has a better one I dont know what but He does and we have to keep living.

Upvote 0

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
:amen: Are you getting anything from Social Security for your boys? If not you should check into it. You sound like a strong woman even if you don't wish to be. Everyone grieves in their own way and however that is is OK. So each of your boys might grieve in different ways than you and longer or shorter than you or others you know. It's all OK.

Upvote 0

myJuanandonly

Oct 14, 2013
Northern Colorado
✟7,615.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you for that, I don't feel strong but I know that they only way I can function in life is with God as my pilot. My boys are getting SS thank God my husband always wanted to have a savings for them and now he does. The day he passed my dad and uncle both told me to get on that asap. God bless you this is not a path that any of us want to take but its comforting to know that we dont have to take it alone.

Upvote 0

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
:amen::hug::hug::hug: I hope you are using some of the social security to take care of your kids because that is what it is for. Also you might want to do some research about saving it because someone told me once that they can reduce your benefits if you save it, but I never could save any of it, so it never applied to me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bill5

Jul 30, 2011
✟63,199.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I'm sorry for all of your losses. I lost the only woman I ever loved (poorly as I showed it) 2 yrs ago to a rare cancer. The name doesn't matter. Trust me, if you haven't been impacted by it, you've never heard of it. But it doesn't have any entire month dedicated to it or NFL players wearing special colored shoes or specially colored products of every kind to donate money etc etc. I hate the way it's all but ignored...but far more so, I hate how one of the kindest, sweetest, most considerate people I've ever known was cruelly made to suffer so and cut down right in front of me. I know - I've no right to question "God's plan," but I do...I downright hate it sometimes. It's a strange plan, frankly.

Upvote 0