Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
im not a widow so im not quite sure if i can post here but one of my good friends died from leukemia in december of '08. he was diagnosed only about a month before he passed while he fell ill in iraq. he was 19

So sorry for the loss of your good friend! Of course you can post here IMO.

Upvote 0

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
My hubby died 2 months ago from acute leukemia. He was 42.
We were married for about 18 years and we had 8 lovely children together - 16 years to 2 years.

Gosh that has got to be so hard! I'm so so sorry! I hope you are doing OK.

Upvote 0

darlingrose

Jan 27, 2011
louisiana, usa
✟15,116.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
My husband was diagnose with cancer of unknown primary May 15, 2010. He died Sep. 12, 2010. It had spread to his back. The original site was never found after months of Mri's ex-rays, and pet scans. Because of the unknown cancer they did not know what chemo to use. As the cancer spreads 75-80 percent of cancer patients die of malnutrision because they have no appetite and won't eat at the end.

Upvote 0

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
My husband was diagnose with cancer of unknown primary May 15, 2010. He died Sep. 12, 2010. It had spread to his back. The original site was never found after months of Mri's ex-rays, and pet scans. Because of the unknown cancer they did not know what chemo to use. As the cancer spreads 75-80 percent of cancer patients die of malnutrision because they have no appetite and won't eat at the end.

So so sorry that he went so quickly! :hug:. When my husband was getting close to dying he couldn't eat and the nurse told me that sometimes they actually quit feeding cancer patients in the hospital because the cancer steals all the nutrients. I could hardly believe it, but what's the alternative dying of starvation/malnutrition? So even if they can eat at the end it seems it won't benefit them much because of the agressiveness of the cancer. Doesn't make it any easier to bear, that's for sure. Again I am so sorry about your loss. :hug::hug::hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
My wife died of a brain tumor in 2004 - she was 33.

Her father (who was not blood related as she was adopted) died of a brain tumor 2 years later.

Her mother died of metastisised breast cancer in 2005

The common link between Carolyn(my wife) and her father was this:

Aspartame (aka Nutrasweet,Equal,sweetner 951)

and Standard American(Australian) Diet of alot of meat, dairy and refined stuff.

None of the people above drank alcohol or smoked.

Upvote 0

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
My wife died of a brain tumor in 2004 - she was 33.

Her father (who was not blood related as she was adopted) died of a brain tumor 2 years later.

Her mother died of metastisised breast cancer in 2005

The common link between Carolyn(my wife) and her father was this:

Aspartame (aka Nutrasweet,Equal,sweetner 951)

and Standard American(Australian) Diet of alot of meat, dairy and refined stuff.

None of the people above drank alcohol or smoked.

My mom died of breast cancer and did not drink or smoke or really use aspartame but she did eat alot of crappy food and put on alot of weight because of it and I definitely think that was a contributing factor.

Upvote 0

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
I lost my first wife to cancer five years ago (I've since met someone new and remarried). It was brain cancer and it manifested itself VERY quickly. She fought it as best as she could but after three hard month I lost her.

So sorry for your loss. My mom took five years before she died. My father in law was like 3 weeks. My husband was about 2 years. I don't think it matters much if it's fast or slow. Either way is hard. Glad you found someone new. I think if I would have went first my husband would've been remarried very quickly. For me, it's been 6 years and I haven't even dated. Just haven't met anyone to date yet. It's in God's hands and his timing. God Bless you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joshuashouse

Mar 19, 2011
✟7,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I lost my wife to breast cancer in 1998, she was 42 and had been fighting the disease for 8 years. I have since remarried, I met and fell in love with a wonderful lady I originally talked to in an online widow support group - her husband had been killed in a fatal car wreck that almost killed her as well.

Upvote 0

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
I lost my wife to breast cancer in 1998, she was 42 and had been fighting the disease for 8 years. I have since remarried, I met and fell in love with a wonderful lady I originally talked to in an online widow support group - her husband had been killed in a fatal car wreck that almost killed her as well.

Sorry for your loss, but the second part of your life gives me hope. I have often thought that the only kind of person who would be able to understand me and what I've been thru would be a widower. Glad that you found someone to share your life with.

Upvote 0
Nov 7, 2012
✟8,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My first husband died in February of '07 of colon cancer. He was diagnosed in June '06, but had been sick at least a year before his diagnosis. By the time they found it, the tumor in his colon was so large he could no longer pass anything and had quit eating. He turned 38 just days before he died. We have 5 kids together, they were 3 to 13 when he passed. I'm happy to say we're all doing well now. I remarried just a year and a half later, to the man who originally set the 2 of us up 20 years earlier!! The kids are growing up, 9 to 19 now, and remind me more of their dad each day. They tell me not a day passes without them missing their dad. I miss him too, but am happy for the new life God has given me. Some days are harder than others, like my son's grad, his 18th birthday, the first time my son played his guitar in church worship, baptism's, etc. But my (second) husband blessed my heart when my son got his diploma and he hollered "that's my son!"!! Those are the best moments... they remind me that God has everything under control and has blessed us beyond measure! At my second wedding we said that my first husband had passed the (parenting) baton on to my second husband. Life is a wonderful thing really... always laced with sadness and missing, but also joy and blessings! God is good!

Upvote 0

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
My first husband died in February of '07 of colon cancer. He was diagnosed in June '06, but had been sick at least a year before his diagnosis. By the time they found it, the tumor in his colon was so large he could no longer pass anything and had quit eating. He turned 38 just days before he died. We have 5 kids together, they were 3 to 13 when he passed. I'm happy to say we're all doing well now. I remarried just a year and a half later, to the man who originally set the 2 of us up 20 years earlier!! The kids are growing up, 9 to 19 now, and remind me more of their dad each day. They tell me not a day passes without them missing their dad. I miss him too, but am happy for the new life God has given me. Some days are harder than others, like my son's grad, his 18th birthday, the first time my son played his guitar in church worship, baptism's, etc. But my (second) husband blessed my heart when my son got his diploma and he hollered "that's my son!"!! Those are the best moments... they remind me that God has everything under control and has blessed us beyond measure! At my second wedding we said that my first husband had passed the (parenting) baton on to my second husband. Life is a wonderful thing really... always laced with sadness and missing, but also joy and blessings! God is good!

You are very blessed to have been given a second husband! I have not so much as even dated since my husband died in 2005. Not sure at the moment if I'm just supposed to be single or if there is something wrong with me (like being too scared to trust again) or something.

Upvote 0
Nov 7, 2012
✟8,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are very blessed to have been given a second husband! I have not so much as even dated since my husband died in 2005. Not sure at the moment if I'm just supposed to be single or if there is something wrong with me (like being too scared to trust again) or something.

Yes, I am very blessed. But remember, everyone's story is different. Someday, you may move on. Or maybe God has a reason for you to remain single. All in it's own time.

Upvote 0