How many dozens of Christians did creationism drive away this past hour?

How many Christians did creationism drive away in the past hour?

• Hundreds (over ~60% of cause)

• ~180 (~50% of cause)

• ~100 (~25% of cause)*

• 40 or less (<10% of cause)

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Not at all. Without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness for sin.

Kind of brutal, don't you think? Who wrote that rule?

Jesus was the lamb of God, meaning that no other blood sacrifice was necessary. No change; just a debt paid for us by the Lord.

So God chose to forgive our debt to Him by paying it Himself?

Upvote 0

Tellastory

Hebrews 13:13
Mar 10, 2013
In God's Hand
✟16,186.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As many of us here know, Barna research* has shown that the denial of scientific data about reality is one of main reasons ex-Christians give for why they left Christianity. A major (perhaps biggest) source of this reality denial in churches is creationism.

Having witnessed a former high school classmate had left catholicism and Jesus Christ altogether because of the evolution theory, I would say the problem is not being rooted in the word. I'm not Catholic, but just citing how the evolution theory can make unbelievers out of believers.

This so called scientific data is overlooking one important factor when using scientific method in dating the age of anything; and that is they are assuming that there was no global catastrophe that had occurred in world history over 50,000 years.

That is the downfall of science today when they refuse to acknowledge that if the global flood actually did happen as the Bible says it did, then they cannot rely on their scientific devises in determining the age of anything past recorded human history.

There are evidence of errors in determining the age of anything within recorded human history as proven by recorded human history & even in present day like living mollusks as carbon dated as 2,300 years old "dead".

So science are shooting in the dark even after acknowledging that the basis for their determining how old anything is on an assumption that there was no global flood within the last 50,000 years. When they do acknowledge that, then they would realize that they can't use their dating methods that goes beyond what recorded human history can confirm.

Here's a tid-bit for common sense;

Marine life will not absorb as much carbon 14 as life on land does; therefore dating them together would give a false report; like that living mollusks being dated as 2,300 years old "dead" when they can see with their own eyeballs that it is still very much alive.

So when they dated fossilized whale bones with other fossilized marine life on top of the Andes mountains, and strangely enough, they found buried with them, fossilized land animal bones, they assumed they were buried on top of the mountains at different times. Yeah.. right. If they want to stick to their evolution theory, they would have to assume that.

That is clear evidence of the global flood. Animals that die on land would have to be buried by sediment to be fossilized. That is not going to happen on mountaintops all over the world where mass graves of marine life and animal life have been found together fossilized unless there was a global flood in progress and the receding waters left sediments to bury them both together on mountaintops at the same time.

Science is about what is observed and can be proven and it is unfortunate that the evolution theory is seen as fact when macro-evolution is beyond being observed and thus cannot be proven.

And micro evolution is not proof of macro evolution. Micro evolution by definition, will always have changes at the species level for reproduction to continue its species, thus micro evolution will always be micro evolution as the law of biogenesis dictates that a cow will always be a cow; and not slowly evolving to a whale, thus missing not only so many transitional fossils, but all the so called transitional species that led up to it.

This is why believers re to be grounded in the King James Bible for the meat of His words as well as relying on Jesus as their Good Shepherd to show how some oppositions of science are so falsely called "science".

1 Timothy 6:20O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

Reactions: mnorian
Upvote 0

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is a tentative conclusion, based on the continuing inability for even one of those millions to demonstrate that their experience is more than a product of their imagination. Have you ever heard of the concept of the burden of evidence? I know you have said yes to that in the past, but with each new post from you, I wonder anew.
I conclude then that you feel that millions are imagining God, no if you will completely answer my question...why would millions imagine God?

Upvote 0

florida2

Sep 18, 2011
✟25,691.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Why is it do you think that it must be the imagination for people to experience God and why would it be in the millions of those who do experience it?

By that argument you suggest that any religion is as valid as any other.

Any religion will claim of religious experiences etc.

Upvote 0

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do not follow a religious doctrine, I think for myself so I have no one to rely on (or blame) other than myself, I make my own decisions and I must take full responsibility for my actions and decisions, I came in to this world on my own and I will go out on my own. (as did and will we all)

There is no moral to a life story, when it's over it's over, we do our best for the ones we love and try to leave them happy and better off for knowing us, submerging my life in a myth would help no one least of all the people around me.
If creationism was benign it would be ignored, but it's not so it must be opposed.

On one hand the atheist when arguing for evolution will use the great numbers of Theistic evolutionists in the Christian faith but on the other they claim that those very few YEC are big bad boogie men that are out to strip the world of Science and evolution. Oh yeah, scary stuff.

Upvote 0

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
By that argument you suggest that any religion is as valid as any other.

Any religion will claim of religious experiences etc.
If Christianity is true as I and others claim, God is the one that put a place in our hearts for God. IF Christianity is true as I and others claim Satan is true and real as well. It is no surprise that Satan would use this built in need for God to turn it away from God. However, the place of God is only filled with the personal God of the Bible. So the other religions have to give reasons for no personal interaction with God Himself. Islam for instance claims that mere man (or woman) are not worthy of a personal interaction with God and their experience and relationship is entirely them reaching to God through the Quran. Others don't have a personal God at all.

Upvote 0

Mr Strawberry

Jan 20, 2012
Great Britain
✟12,542.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
If Christianity is true as I and others claim, God is the one that put a place in our hearts for God. IF Christianity is true as I and others claim Satan is true and real as well. It is no surprise that Satan would use this built in need for God to turn it away from God. However, the place of God is only filled with the personal God of the Bible. So the other religions have to give reasons for no personal interaction with God Himself. Islam for instance claims that mere man (or woman) are not worthy of a personal interaction with God and their experience and relationship is entirely them reaching to God through the Quran. Others don't have a personal God at all.
That's simple, your imaginary invisible friend isn't an invisible imaginary friend, it is just your conscience. You are having a close personal relationship with your conscience, that's all.

Upvote 0

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's simple, your imaginary invisible friend isn't an invisible imaginary friend, it is just your conscience. You are having a close personal relationship with your conscience, that's all.

My conscience has no control of anything outside of my head. God has shown His control of matters non-dependent upon my mind. I understand how desperately you wish for God to be just a figment of the imagination but you are simply wrong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mr Strawberry

Jan 20, 2012
Great Britain
✟12,542.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
My conscience has no control of anything outside of my head. God has shown His control of matters non-dependent upon my mind. I understand how desperately you wish for God to be just a figment of the imagination but you are simply wrong.

That you interpret the events in your life in a god-centric way is not surprising but it is irrelevant to the point I was making. Your imaginary invisible friend isn't a mystery, that's all. You are having a close personal relationship with your conscience, and good luck to you. If you want to pretend that your invisible imaginary friend (conscience) is actually a supernatural deity, no one can persuade you otherwise, but there is a perfectly straightforward explanation. That's all.

Upvote 0

Davian

fallible
May 30, 2011
West Coast of Canada
✟31,103.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
I conclude then that you feel that millions are imagining God, no if you will completely answer my question...why would millions imagine God?
I can only speculate. Have you ever heard of the concept of the burden of evidence? It is on you, or them, to demonstrate otherwise. Got anything new?

Upvote 0

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That you interpret the events in your life in a god-centric way is not surprising but it is irrelevant to the point I was making. Your imaginary invisible friend isn't a mystery, that's all. You are having a close personal relationship with your conscience, and good luck to you. If you want to pretend that your invisible imaginary friend (conscience) is actually a supernatural deity, no one can persuade you otherwise, but there is a perfectly straightforward explanation. That's all.

So if He is not surprising and it is only my conscience what is the perfectly straightforward explanation?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Davian

fallible
May 30, 2011
West Coast of Canada
✟31,103.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
On one hand the atheist when arguing for evolution will use the great numbers of Theistic evolutionists in the Christian faith but on the other they claim that those very few YEC are big bad boogie men that are out to strip the world of Science and evolution. Oh yeah, scary stuff.
It is scary, when those individuals seek the top office of one of the most powerful countries in the world.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Having witnessed a former high school classmate had left catholicism and Jesus Christ altogether because of the evolution theory, I would say the problem is not being rooted in the word. I'm not Catholic, but just citing how the evolution theory can make unbelievers out of believers.

This so called scientific data is overlooking one important factor when using scientific method in dating the age of anything; and that is they are assuming that there was no global catastrophe that had occurred in world history over 50,000 years.

Here is your first major mistake. That there was no worldwide Flood anytime, much less in just man's lifetime, was known long before radiometric dating was invented. There was no "assumption" about the nonexistence of the Food. It had already been refuted.

That is the downfall of science today when they refuse to acknowledge that if the global flood actually did happen as the Bible says it did, then they cannot rely on their scientific devises in determining the age of anything past recorded human history.

Again, this is just wrong. Scientists do not rely solely on devices to determine the age of strata.

There are evidence of errors in determining the age of anything within recorded human history as proven by recorded human history & even in present day like living mollusks as carbon dated as 2,300 years old "dead".

Yes, and that only means that one has to be careful using those tools. Using a screwdriver as a hammer does not mean that screwdrivers are worthless tools.

So science are shooting in the dark even after acknowledging that the basis for their determining how old anything is on an assumption that there was no global flood within the last 50,000 years. When they do acknowledge that, then they would realize that they can't use their dating methods that goes beyond what recorded human history can confirm.

No, you are simply shooting in the dark with your lack of understanding of how science is done.

Here's a tid-bit for common sense;

Marine life will not absorb as much carbon 14 as life on land does; therefore dating them together would give a false report; like that living mollusks being dated as 2,300 years old "dead" when they can see with their own eyeballs that it is still very much alive.

So when they dated fossilized whale bones with other fossilized marine life on top of the Andes mountains, and strangely enough, they found buried with them, fossilized land animal bones, they assumed they were buried on top of the mountains at different times. Yeah.. right. If they want to stick to their evolution theory, they would have to assume that.

What? Where are whale bones found with fossilized land animal bones? Citation please.

That is clear evidence of the global flood. Animals that die on land would have to be buried by sediment to be fossilized. That is not going to happen on mountaintops all over the world where mass graves of marine life and animal life have been found together fossilized unless there was a global flood in progress and the receding waters left sediments to bury them both together on mountaintops at the same time.

Again, citation please. And no, a world wide flood would have left only one thin layer of fossilized life. That is not what we see.

Science is about what is observed and can be proven and it is unfortunate that the evolution theory is seen as fact when macro-evolution is beyond being observed and thus cannot be proven.

Simply wrong. We may not directly observe it, but then we cannot directly observe Newtonian Gravity. What we observe directly are only "micro" examples of both. To observe "macro" evolution we use the fossil record. We use DNA. We use ERV's. The list goes on. None of those can be explained by creationism.

And micro evolution is not proof of macro evolution. Micro evolution by definition, will always have changes at the species level for reproduction to continue its species, thus micro evolution will always be micro evolution as the law of biogenesis dictates that a cow will always be a cow; and not slowly evolving to a whale, thus missing not only so many transitional fossils, but all the so called transitional species that led up to it.

But it is evidence for "macro" evolution. And no, the law of biogenesis says no such thing.

This is why believers re to be grounded in the King James Bible for the meat of His words as well as relying on Jesus as their Good Shepherd to show how some oppositions of science are so falsely called "science".

1 Timothy 6:20O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

Sorry, but the Bible is not a science book. It gets many things wrong, just ask Galileo.

Reactions: Blue Wren
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.