How long have you remained in a state of grace?

How long do you believe you have maintained a state of grace?

• 15 minutes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • One day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One week

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • One month or more

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟293,971.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Well if it is truly difficult to commit a mortal sin then maybe that is the answer? I was told that the confession we make at the beginning of Mass covers the venial aspect of sin.

I don't know about others, but as far as myself concern I fall into mortal sin every so often :(

I see the communion line while I wait for my confession after mass.
Either I'm a horrible catholic (most likely, but that's a whole different story) , my parish is a congregation of saints or people consider confession to be a outdated sacraments or something I don't know...

Reactions: mea kulpa
Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Difficult to say. I never really know. It's hard to know one's own culpability with any certainty. If God is as merciful as some think, I'm virtually always in a state of grace. If He's as strict as some think, I'm virtually always in a state of mortal sin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just question the way things are going if this practice will continue or something will be adjusted concerning it. It seems confession is on the decline everywhere. And I'll be honest, it seems strange to go and you get a Hail Mary or something.

Upvote 0

Cos-play

Sep 29, 2015
✟2,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I just stopped going to communion when my archbishop decided to use it as a weapon against people he didn't like.

Actually a lot of your Latin Mass type priests around here like to do it too.

So the whole "state of grace" thing has become more of a philosophical matter for me rather than something I have to worry about on a day to day basis.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just stopped going to communion when my archbishop decided to use it as a weapon against people he didn't like.

So the whole "state of grace" thing has become more of a philosophical matter for me rather than something I have to worry about on a day to day basis.
How did they use it as a weapon?

Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced

Dont let one man stop you from receiving the Body and Blood of Jesus. Confession is a wonderful sacrament.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟143,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Probably didn't give it to divorced, non Catholics, homosexuals, or people in mortal sin who haven't confessed. You know, people the archbishop just didn't like.

Last edited:
Reactions: mea kulpa
Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Confession? And Communion? How can that happen?
Probably didn't give it to divorced, non Catholics, homosexuals, or people in mortal sin who haven't confessed. You know, people he just didn't like.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cos-play

Sep 29, 2015
✟2,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

For a lot of people it was suggesting that the parents of gay children who didn't agree with the good arch-bishop's thoughts on how to be a proper Catholic parent to a gay child should consider that they may not presenting themselves for communion.

For me it was actually calling for priest to refuse communion who were working to defeat Minnesota 1. Commonly referred to as the "Minnesota Family Protection Act". It was a referendum to make equal marriage unconstitutional in Minnesota.

Upvote 0