How long has your faith stayed in your family?

Hestha

Jun 1, 2012
✟8,272.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I am talking about your family's religious history. Surely, you must have someone up in your family tree who was religious/spiritual, and the faith was taught and passed down from generation to generation. Was there a break in family's religious history - a period of time when your family had no religion whatsoever - before someone in your family restored religious belief and tradition? Do you have any family traditions or rituals that are religious/spiritual in nature, one that is passed down from your ancestors? That said, would you consider yourself to have "traditional family values" or family values that are passed down from generation to generation? If so, what are they, and how are they different from another family's "traditional family values"?

Apr 17, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
✟7,702.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My family's "religious history" pretty much stopped with my parents. Sadly my mother, father and sisters have never had much use for "God" at least not as understood by any organized religion. They would all probably say they have some kind of vague "spirituality" but of course that's what a lot of secular people say as an excuse to not go to a church.

My grandparents were the ones who took me to church as a child and first taught me about Jesus. And I got more of my values from them than I did from my parents, although that's not meant as an "attack" on my parents, I love them dearly. But I buy my grandparents' Christian worldview a lot more than I buy my parents' secular worldview.

Upvote 0

Hestha

Jun 1, 2012
✟8,272.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
My family's "religious history" pretty much stopped with my parents. Sadly my mother, father and sisters have never had much use for "God" at least not as understood by any organized religion. They would all probably say they have some kind of vague "spirituality" but of course that's what a lot of secular people say as an excuse to not go to a church.

My grandparents were the ones who took me to church as a child and first taught me about Jesus. And I got more of my values from them than I did from my parents, although that's not meant as an "attack" on my parents, I love them dearly. But I buy my grandparents' Christian worldview a lot more than I buy my parents' secular worldview.

It must be fun having some sort of religious experience and to be immersed in the Christian culture. :)

Upvote 0