Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Why are you rushing her? You posted all your questions within the space of 27 minutes late at night. Give her a chance to answer before getting impatient. :angel:
She responded to all of my questions by sending off a slew of new posts that questioned me, without answering a single one of the questions I originally asked. Enough said -- I'll let her answer for herself.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
NO but it is quoted in the cannon. It does not carry the weight of scripture but neither should it be cast aside as useless.
Pagan writings are also quoted in Scripture. Your argument flops.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
No actually that is NOT what the OP asked. The question is "How important is the Sabbath"
Our discussion was not specific to the OP. In any given thread, the topic deviates. We were on a different subject, which you tried to change.

Upvote 0

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,619.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Our discussion was not specific to the OP. In any given thread, the topic deviates. We were on a different subject, which you tried to change.
Then you shouldnt cite the OP to deflect from anthers comment :)

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why do you say "commanded" ?
I was asking Open Heart based on the words she used; "and this has nothing to do with when God first commanded the Sabbath to be kept."

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The question is "How important is the Sabbath"
Remember the ecclesia, born of the FATHER , 'born again', set apart by the FATHER, 'holy',
for HIS PURPOSE, HIS PLAN, SALVATION in Y'SHUA by FAITH.....

in ACTS, they considered NOTHING as their own.

They didn't change what they thought of their FATHER'S 7th DAY SABBATH (the DAY HE SET APART, 'HOLY', HIS PURPOSE, HIS PLAN, )
to them
it was as much (or more) a part of their lives
as breathing.
Enjoying the PLEASURE and DELIGHT OF THEIR FATHER,
every day, in HIS PRESENCE, echad in Y'SHUA.

It no more entered into their thoughts to stop honoring their FATHER'S 7th DAY SABBATH,
then
it would to through their own children into the dead sea.
i.e. it never occurred to them even as a remote possible thing ever to do.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I was asking Open Heart based on the words she used; "and this has nothing to do with when God first commanded the Sabbath to be kept."
Okay , thanks. (I can't see their posts).

I asked about your using the word "commanded"
because
no one "commanded" YHWH the CREATOR to CREATE or to SET APART as HOLY or to HONOR the 7th DAY SABBATH.
No one "commanded" HIM to tell others about HIS CHOSEN DAY.
HE JUST DELIGHTED TO.
after all, HE PLANNED IT. ON PURPOSE.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
I've been kind enough to answer all your posts, vis. How come you aren't answering any of mine? I ask you direct questions, like are you saying that Satan had to keep the Sabbath, or is there a verse that states Adam and Eve broke the Sabbath that can back you up, and you never answer! Is this because you concede my points?
Satan was once obedient, thus a Sabbath keeper in honor of His Creator. God is one of order, and in the Sabbath cycle, He creates. Adam and Eve may have never broke the Sabbath but they did keep it. I even imagine that the "cool of the evening" was as the Sabbath began.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
God is one of order, and in the Sabbath cycle, He creates. Adam and Eve may have never broke the Sabbath but they did keep it.
A lot of father's REFUSED to answer
if they
taught their children or not. (anything)

So I'll ask you: if you have children did you teach them the right way to go ? Or some other way?(I think a lot of fathers realize TODAY that they failed and are having a great deal of trouble dealing with this. )

This is getting to this: WHY WOULD THE HEAVENLY FATHER
as HE walked in the garden with HIS CHILDREN

WHY would HE teach HIS CHILDREN to honor the 7th day that HE set apart as holy ?

Why not just teach them video games
with visions and dreams and such ?

• Winner
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
A lot of father's REFUSED to answer
if they
taught their children or not. (anything)

So I'll ask you: if you have children did you teach them the right way to go ? Or some other way?(I think a lot of fathers realize TODAY that they failed and are having a great deal of trouble dealing with this. )

This is getting to this: WHY WOULD THE HEAVENLY FATHER
as HE walked in the garden with HIS CHILDREN

WHY would HE teach HIS CHILDREN to honor the 7th day that HE set apart as holy ?

Why not just teach them video games
with visions and dreams and such ?
Exactly.... Why would He?

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟113,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I don't see any reason to jump to the conclusion that these verses refer to keeping the Shabbat.

That was not the result of "jumping to a conclusion" but rather a little deeper study of the underlying text.

Exodus 5:4-7 KJV
4 And the king of Egypt said unto them, Wherefore do ye, Moses and Aaron, let the people from their works? get you unto your burdens.
5 And Pharaoh said, Behold, the people of the land now are many, and ye make them rest [shabath] from their burdens.
6 And Pharaoh commanded the same day the taskmasters of the people, and their officers, saying,
7 Ye shall no more give the people straw to make brick, as heretofore: [תְּמ֤וֹל te·Mol שִׁלְשֹׁם֙ shil·Shom] let them go and gather straw for themselves.

Exodus 5:4-7
4 And the king of Egypt said unto them, Wherefore do you, Moshe and Ahron, loosen the people from their work? Get yourselves [back] to your burdens!
5 And Pharaoh said, Behold, the people of the land now are many, and you allow them shabath-rest from their burdens!
6 And Pharaoh commanded the same day the taskmasters of the people, and their officers, saying:
7 You shall no more give the people straw to make brick, as [you did] the day before yesterday: [temol shilshom - "ago trebled"] let them go out and gather straw for themselves!

Thus the day wherein Moshe and Ahron stood before Pharaoh for the first time, in the above passage, was the day after a Shabbat-rest because the children of Yisrael had not worked the day prior. That is because the day prior they were not given straw even though it was still customary at that time for the Egyptians to provide the straw for making brick. In other words they were not given straw the day before this passage because it was a day of rest. In the passage above, as I previously said, Pharaoh took away the day of rest which they were observing and had just observed the day before in the overall context of this passage. That was the whole excuse Pharaoh used for taking it away; for he says they were being allowed too much rest time and that they had too much idle time on their hands. These things are in the text, (Exodus 5:9, Exodus 5:17).

• Agree
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thus the day wherein Moshe and Ahron stood before Pharaoh for the first time, in the above passage, was the day after a Shabbat-rest because the children of Yisrael had not worked the day prior. That is because the day prior they were not given straw even though it was still customary at that time for the Egyptians to provide the straw for making brick. In other words they were not given straw the day before this passage because it was a day of rest. In the passage above, as I previously said, Pharaoh took away the day of rest which they were observing and had just observed the day before in the overall context of this passage. That was the whole excuse Pharaoh used for taking it away; for he says they were being allowed too much rest time and that they had too much idle time on their hands. These things are in the text, (Exodus 5:9, Exodus 5:17).
Possibly. It seems more logical to equate the cessation from work to Moses' request to have them leave their work for several days to keep the feast mentioned in verse 1. This seems to be supported in verse 5 of Brenton's translation of the Septuagint which reads;

And Pharao said, Behold now, the people is very numerous; let us not then give them rest from their work.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
When do you believe the Sabbath was first commanded to be kept?
Exodus 16:20-30 When God commanded that they gather extra manna on the sixth day, and withheld from them manna on the Sabbath.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Satan was once obedient, thus a Sabbath keeper in honor of His Creator. God is one of order, and in the Sabbath cycle, He creates. Adam and Eve may have never broke the Sabbath but they did keep it. I even imagine that the "cool of the evening" was as the Sabbath began.
I don't know where you get this.
1. It's not in the Bible.
2. It can't be reasoned. The opposite is reasonable. Satan and his demons are angelic spiritual beings that are not part of the earthly creation. They are not ruled by such things as the spin of the earth relative to the sun. There is thus no days or weeks for them. There are no days or weeks in heaven -- it is outside of space and time.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
5 And Pharaoh said, Behold, the people of the land now are many, and ye make them rest [shabath] from their burdens.
There is no evidence that this is a God-commanded rest on the seventh day. Again, you are jumping to conclusions.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
I don't know where you get this.
1. It's not in the Bible.
2. It can't be reasoned. The opposite is reasonable. Satan and his demons are angelic spiritual beings that are not part of the earthly creation. They are not ruled by such things as the spin of the earth relative to the sun. There is thus no days or weeks for them. There are no days or weeks in heaven -- it is outside of space and time.
When we get to God's heavenly court and worship Him, when all of heaven and earth are before Him, do you think it is a set aside day for such proceedings?

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Exodus 16:20-30 When God commanded that they gather extra manna on the sixth day, and withheld from them manna on the Sabbath.
Yeshua said the Sabbath was made for man, not just for Israel. Since it is a memorial of creation, all mankind was to remember creation by keeping the Sabbath. All men from Adam onward were to rest on the 7th day and receive the blessing on it. All mankind was to follow the Creator's example by resting on the Sabbath Day as He did. Israel lost track of the Sabbath during their time in Egypt. Yahweh had to teach it to them anew.

Upvote 0