How important is the Sabbath?

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
God wills that Christians keep the Sabboth Day.
However, modern fasting is different, give up your favorite things,
and also you can pick any day of the week to your convenience, as God just wants you to keep the Sabboth Day.
Who said you get to pick your convenience day and call it the Sabbath rest of the Lord? Who said you can go against God's Will and declare your own day of rest as the Lord's and He will approve?

Upvote 0

Elihoenai

Who has ceased to eat Manna?
Apr 9, 2015
London, England
✟49,200.00
Faith
Maybe that is the major difference between those in the temple and those in the outer court of Rev 11.

Are you deceiving me?

Proverbs 27:26 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

26 Lambs [are] for thy clothing, And the price of the field [are] he-goats,

Luke 6:1 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

6 And it came to pass, on the second-first sabbath, as he is going through the corn fields, that his disciples were plucking the ears, and were eating, rubbing with the hands,

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Are you deceiving me?

6 And it came to pass, on the second-first sabbath, as he is going through the corn fields, that his disciples were plucking the ears, and were eating, rubbing with the hands,
Nope.. I believe that finding the wings of sanctuary takes more than believing for our Lord said, it isn't just saying you believe but obedience that makes the difference.

Upvote 0

Elihoenai

Apr 9, 2015
London, England
✟49,200.00
Faith
Nope.. I believe that finding the wings of sanctuary takes more than believing for our Lord said, it isn't just saying you believe but obedience that makes the difference.

The Devil is calling himself God to destroy the name of the God of Israel.

So-called Christian Organisations have been established for the purpose of destroying Christianity.

People calling themselves Jews, have done so, for the purpose of destroying the Jewish People.

Verily Verily, the Truth is not for those that hear! You are among those that engage in Wild Speculation, apparently, not considering that Scripture is not of Private Interpretation.

Any nation that fights against the People of Israel will be utterly destroyed and that is a promise made by the God of Israel.

Exodus 23:27 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

27 My terror I send before thee, and I have put to death all the people among whom thou comest, and I have given the neck of all thine enemies unto thee.

2 Peter 1:20-21 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

20 this first knowing, that no prophecy of the Writing doth come of private exposition,

21 for not by will of man did ever prophecy come, but by the Holy Spirit borne on holy men of God spake.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The Holy Spirit.

Even as it stands, the church is torn as to whether it is a Sunday, or a Saturday.
How much less is figuring a day of convenience against his will?
We know what day of the week it is. The weekly cycle has not changed.

• Agree
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic

So-called Christian Organisations have been established for the purpose of destroying Christianity.

People calling themselves Jews, have done so, for the purpose of destroying the Jewish People.

Verily Verily, the Truth is not for those that hear! You are among those that engage in Wild Speculation, apparently, not considering that Scripture is not of Private Interpretation.

Any nation that fights against the People of Israel will be utterly destroyed and that is a promise made by the God of Israel.

27 My terror I send before thee, and I have put to death all the people among whom thou comest, and I have given the neck of all thine enemies unto thee.

20 this first knowing, that no prophecy of the Writing doth come of private exposition,

21 for not by will of man did ever prophecy come, but by the Holy Spirit borne on holy men of God spake.
Was Yeshua's of private interpretation? Or was Yeshua's the right interpretation? Volumes of scholars, studies, etc don't make it gospel. It is worth considering where it came from, who does it support, why is it interpreted that way, and is it consistent with the Will of God and the Way Yeshua lived and interpreted it.

Upvote 0

Stillicidia

Revanche Flower
Site Supporter
Apr 22, 2016
Mystic Meadows
✟11,021.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Constitution
How important is the Sabbath?
Exodus 20:6
And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Exodus 20:8
Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.

Exodus 31:17-16
Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant. It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

Romans 9:6
It is not as though God’s word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel.

Revelation 12:17
And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 14:12
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

I am replacing the posts I made on this thread to just this one,

The Sabboth is important, even today.
Keeping the Sabboth day Holy is very important, even today.

This, take heed of:
"for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed."

Therefore, likewise, you may choose a day of seven, and treat that day as Holy, and God will hold you to it, likewise.

Today, fasting is not quite like unto the past also, in that, you may give up your favorite things, and call that fasting.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Elihoenai

Apr 9, 2015
London, England
✟49,200.00
Faith
Was Yeshua's of private interpretation? Or was Yeshua's the right interpretation? Volumes of scholars, studies, etc don't make it gospel. It is worth considering where it came from, who does it support, why is it interpreted that way, and is it consistent with the Will of God and the Way Yeshua lived and interpreted it.

The Hat belongs to You!

Readers be aware of the Card Carrying Witch Members!

Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

Inverted Cross

343px-Peter%27s_Cross.svg.png

Upside Down Cross Symbolizes mockery and rejection of Jesus. Necklaces are worn by many satanist's. It can be seen on Rock singers and their album covers.

http://www.exposingsatanism.org/showthread.php/121-Signs-and-Symbols-of-Satanism

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
The Hat belongs to You!

Readers be aware of the Card Carrying Witch Members!

Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

Inverted Cross

343px-Peter%27s_Cross.svg.png

Upside Down Cross Symbolizes mockery and rejection of Jesus. Necklaces are worn by many satanist's. It can be seen on Rock singers and their album covers.

http://www.exposingsatanism.org/showthread.php/121-Signs-and-Symbols-of-Satanism
The Cross of St. Peter or Petrine Cross is an inverted Latin cross traditionally used as a Christian symbol, but in recent times also used as an Anti-Christian symbol.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Are you deceiving me?

Quote: " And it came to pass, on the second-first sabbath..." I suspect a error in the translation.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am replacing the posts I made on this thread to just this one,

The Sabboth is important, even today.
Keeping the Sabboth day Holy is very important, even today.

This, take heed of:
"for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed."

Therefore, likewise, you may choose a day of seven, and treat that day as Holy, and God will hold you to it, likewise.

Today, fasting is not quite like unto the past also, in that, you may give up your favorite things, and call that fasting.
Picking any day of the week is lame. We know for certain what day the Sabbath is.

Upvote 0

Elihoenai

Apr 9, 2015
London, England
✟49,200.00
Faith
The Cross of St. Peter or Petrine Cross is an inverted Latin cross traditionally used as a Christian symbol, but in recent times also used as an Anti-Christian symbol.

The Sign of the Open Eye!!!

"...The origin of the symbol comes from the Catholic tradition that Simon Peter was crucified upside down,[1] as told by Origen of Alexandria...."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_of_St._Peter#In_Christianity

God Seed - A Sign Of An Open Eye (with lyrics)

"Flight" (2012 film) crash scene

Upvote 0

Elihoenai

Apr 9, 2015
London, England
✟49,200.00
Faith
Quote: " And it came to pass, on the second-first sabbath..." I suspect a error in the translation.

The other thing to consider is that you have not heard.

Psalm 83:1-3 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

83 A Song, -- A Psalm of Asaph. O God, let there be no silence to Thee, Be not silent, nor be quiet, O God.

2 For, lo, Thine enemies do roar, And those hating Thee have lifted up the head,

3 Against Thy people they take crafty counsel, And consult against Thy hidden ones.

Luke 1:1-4 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

1 Seeing that many did take in hand to set in order a narration of the matters that have been fully assured among us,

2 as they did deliver to us, who from the beginning became eye-witnesses, and officers of the Word, --

3 it seemed good also to me, having followed from the first after all things exactly, to write to thee in order, most noble Theophilus,

4 that thou mayest know the certainty of the things wherein thou wast instructed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers
VI.(1) On the second sabbath after the first.—Literally, the second-first Sabbath. There is nothing like the phrase in any other author, and its meaning is therefore to a great extent conjectural. ///
The Festival of Weeks
15 “‘From the day after the Sabbath, the day you brought the sheaf of the wave offering, count off seven full weeks. 16 Count off fifty days up to the day after the seventh Sabbath,...

• Agree
Upvote 0

Elihoenai

Apr 9, 2015
London, England
✟49,200.00
Faith
Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers
VI.(1) On the second sabbath after the first.—Literally, the second-first Sabbath. There is nothing like the phrase in any other author, and its meaning is therefore to a great extent conjectural. ///
The Festival of Weeks
15 “‘From the day after the Sabbath, the day you brought the sheaf of the wave offering, count off seven full weeks. 16 Count off fifty days up to the day after the seventh Sabbath,...

Those that are NOT Certain engage in Wild Conjecture (Speculation)! Professional academics can be more relied upon to produce accurate translations and much less to provide correct interpretation.

Charles John Ellicott is under the Authority of the Church of England.

"...The conjectures, such as they are, are as follows:—

(1.) The first Sabbath of the second month of the year, taking Nisan (in which the Passover occurred) as the first month...."

http://biblehub.com/commentaries/ellicott/luke/6.htm

345px-Charles_Ellicott_by_Herbert_R_Barraud.jpg

Charles John Ellicott

Charles John Ellicott (1819–1905) was a distinguished English Christian theologian,
academic and churchman. He briefly served as Dean of Exeter,[1] then Bishop of the united see of Gloucester and Bristol.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Ellicott

Articles of Religion.
http://www.eskimo.com/~lhowell/bcp1662/articles/articles.html

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For believers it is on them to read and/or hear Yahweh's word, and follow it as well as they will according to their conscience as they trust to be led by God's Spirit. This applies to the Sabbath as this is from God's word for us.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
For believers it is on them to read and/or hear Yahweh's word, and follow it as well as they will according to their conscience as they trust to be led by God's Spirit. This applies to the Sabbath as this is from God's word for us.
Revelation 13: 16: And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.”

There was a time when the Catholics were told not to buy, sell, or trade, with those who kept God's Sabbath command.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Revelation 13: 16: And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.”

There was a time when the Catholics were told not to buy, sell, or trade, with those who kept God's Sabbath command.

There are such throughout history that take the designated day for rest away from others, by imposition or persecution. Even when they are thinking they do God a service in that, they go against what Yahweh said, and as was said such is subject to judgment. It is to those who take the opportunity for that day of rest away, those who would observe the day for rest are to do so as they find they are able. In the coming reign of the Christ, Messiah, in our world it will be made clear.

Upvote 0