Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Torah keepers are exceptions in general. I'm an exception because I'm a Hebrew Catholic, so I do it because of my Jewish identity. Others may do it because they feel specially called--let's face it, many discover how good it is to keep God's laws. But none of us are obligated out of some kind of fear of losing our salvation.

Shabbat Shalom. :)

spacer.gif

Lechah dodi, likrat kalah
penei Shabbat nekabelah
True and False Disciples
Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’ God's will is that we keep His commands.

Upvote 0

gracethroughfaith

Sep 14, 2016
:)
✟7,888.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
True and False Disciples
Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’ God's will is that we keep His commands.

Which commandments ?

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Which commandments ?
The Sabbath and all of the moral commands. That is what pertains to the New Covenant. As for the Messianic's here, they believe that they should follow the Old Covenant, with all of the Mosaic laws of the old priesthood, including circumcision.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Matthew 5:19

I have noticed that Matthew 5:19 is not correctly translated. The word (THESE) follows the word (commands) in the original text.

of these” should read “of the” ( TWN / TON )

“These” is referring to people, not the commands.

5130 / toutwn / touton: genitive case plural masculine or neuter of outoV - houtos 3778; of (from or concerning) these (persons or things):--such, their, these (things), they, this sort, those.

See Matthew 5:19 link: http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/Greek_Index.htm

Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands, and teaches others accordingly, will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

This is how Matthew 5:19 should read:

Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of the commands, and those teaching others accordingly, will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever practices and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Is the Sabbath biding on Christians?
I believe so, even in the Millenium they are to keep the feast of Sukkot.
I believe so, because in Revelation it says the remnant keep the commandments.
I believe so, because in Revelation the angel with the loud voice cries out to Worship the Creator.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Pope claimed to be God?

“The Pope and God are the same, so he has all power in Heaven and earth.” Pope Pius V, quoted in Barclay, Chapter XXVII, p. 218, “Cities Petrus Bertanous”.

Pope Nicholas I declared: ” the appellation of God had been confirmed by Constantine on the Pope, who ,being God, cannot be judged by man.”(Labb IX Dist.: 96 Can 7 Satis Evidentur Decret Gratian Primer Para)

The Pope is not only the representative of Jesus Christ, He is Jesus Christ himself, hidden under the veil of flesh.” Catholic National July 1895

“We hold upon this earth the place of Almighty God” Pope Leo XIII Encyclical Letter of June 20,1894

” All names which in the Scriptures are applied to Christ, by virtue of which is established that He is over the church, all the same names are applied to the Pope.” On the authority of the Councils,book 2,chapter 17

The Pope is of so great dignity, and so exalted that he is not a mere man, but as it were God,, and the vicar of God.” Ferraris Ecclesiastical dictionary
Did Pope Pius V, Pope Nicholas and other statements that our Popes claimed to be as God?
1. I don't see where a discussion of Catholicism has anything to do with Messianic Judaism.
2. I cannot answer your post, as it is against the SOP for me to advocate a Church position.

Thanks for being understanding.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
The Gloss of Extravagantes of Pope John XXII says this:

But to believe that our Lord God the Pope the establisher of said decretal, and of this, could not decree, as he did decree, should be accounted heretical. http://biblelight.net/Extravagantes.htm
MJ is not really about Catholicism. Plus, I'm sure you are aware that according to the SOP I cannot defend Church positions, even when you are falsely representing them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Pope claimed to be God?

“The Pope and God are the same, so he has all power in Heaven and earth.” Pope Pius V, quoted in Barclay, Chapter XXVII, p. 218, “Cities Petrus Bertanous”.

Pope Nicholas I declared: ” the appellation of God had been confirmed by Constantine on the Pope, who ,being God, cannot be judged by man.”(Labb IX Dist.: 96 Can 7 Satis Evidentur Decret Gratian Primer Para)

The Pope is not only the representative of Jesus Christ, He is Jesus Christ himself, hidden under the veil of flesh.” Catholic National July 1895

“We hold upon this earth the place of Almighty God” Pope Leo XIII Encyclical Letter of June 20,1894

” All names which in the Scriptures are applied to Christ, by virtue of which is established that He is over the church, all the same names are applied to the Pope.” On the authority of the Councils,book 2,chapter 17

The Pope is of so great dignity, and so exalted that he is not a mere man, but as it were God,, and the vicar of God.” Ferraris Ecclesiastical dictionary
Did Pope Pius V, Pope Nicholas and other statements that our Popes claimed to be as God?
I fail to see what Catholicism has to do with Messianic Judaism. Due to the SOP, I cannot represent Church teachings, even when they are being misrepresented on this forum.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
True and False Disciples
I understand your point. I've gone back and forth on this issue.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I fail to see what Catholicism has to do with Messianic Judaism. Due to the SOP, I cannot represent Church teachings, even when they are being misrepresented on this forum.
If you want you can send me a PM.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I have noticed that Matthew 5:19 is not correctly translated. The word (THESE) follows the word (commands) in the original text.

of these” should read “of the” ( TWN / TON )

“These” is referring to people, not the commands.

5130 / toutwn / touton: genitive case plural masculine or neuter of outoV - houtos 3778; of (from or concerning) these (persons or things):--such, their, these (things), they, this sort, those.

See Matthew 5:19 link: http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/Greek_Index.htm

Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands, and teaches others accordingly, will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

This is how Matthew 5:19 should read:

Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of the commands, and those teaching others accordingly, will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever practices and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

He doesn't seem to be condemning the people in saying this, though, in saying there are those who will be "called least in the kingdom of heaven" and those who "will be called great in the kingdom of heaven".

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
He doesn't seem to be condemning the people in saying this, though, in saying there are those who will be "called least in the kingdom of heaven" and those who "will be called great in the kingdom of heaven".
It is better to not be called the least for not keeping the Sabbath command.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stillicidia
Upvote 0

Stillicidia

Revanche Flower
Site Supporter
Apr 22, 2016
Mystic Meadows
✟11,021.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Constitution
God wills that Christians keep the Sabboth Day.
However, modern fasting is different, give up your favorite things,
and also you can pick any day of the week to your convenience, as God just wants you to keep the Sabboth Day.

Upvote 0