Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
How important is the Sabbath?
Exodus 20:6
And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Exodus 20:8
Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.

Exodus 31:17-16
Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant. It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

Romans 9:6
It is not as though God’s word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel.

Revelation 12:17
And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 14:12
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
• Isaiah 4:2
[ The Branch of the LORD ] In that day the Branch of the LORD will be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the land will be the pride and glory of the survivors in Israel.

• Isaiah 11:1

[ The Branch From Jesse ] A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit.

• Jeremiah 23:5

“The days are coming,” declares the LORD, “when I will raise up for David a righteous Branch, a King who will reign wisely and do what is just and right in the land.

• Jeremiah 33:15
“‘In those days and at that time I will make a righteous Branch sprout from David’s line; he will do what is just and right in the land.

• Zechariah 3:8
“‘Listen, High Priest Joshua, you and your associates seated before you, who are men symbolic of things to come: I am going to bring my servant, the Branch.

• Zechariah 6:12
Tell him this is what the LORD Almighty says: ‘Here is the man whose name is the Branch, and he will branch out from his place and build the temple of the LORD.

• John 15:1
[ The Vine and the Branches ] “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.

• John 15:2
He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.

• John 15:4
Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

• John 15:5
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

• John 15:6
If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.

• Romans 11:11
[ Ingrafted Branches ] Again I ask: Did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all! Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious.

• Romans 11:16
If the part of the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, then the whole batch is holy; if the root is holy, so are the branches.

• Romans 11:17
If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root,

• Romans 11:18
do not consider yourself to be superior to those other branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you.

• Romans 11:19
You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in.”

• Romans 11:21
For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either.

• Romans 11:24
After all, if you were cut out of an olive tree that is wild by nature, and contrary to nature were grafted into a cultivated olive tree, how much more readily will these, the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree!

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Catholicism regarding the Sabbath

Different statements made by Catholic clergy regarding the Sabbath. Here are some quotes with their sources:

"It was the Catholic church which...has transferred this rest to Sunday in remembrance of the resurrection of our Lord. Therefore the observance of Sunday by the Protestants is an homage they pay, in spite of themselves, to the authority of the (Catholic) church." Monsignor Louis Segur, Plain Talk About Protestantism of Today, p. 213.

"Sunday is our mark of authority...the church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact." Catholic Record of London, Ontario, September 1, 1923.

"Perhaps the boldest thing, the most revolutionary change the Church ever did, happened in the first century. The holy day, the Sabbath, was changed from Saturday to Sunday. 'The day of the Lord' was chosen, not from any direction noted in the scriptures, but from the Catholic church's sense of its own power...People who think that the scriptures should be the sole authority, should logically become 7th Day Adventists, and keep Saturday holy." St. Catherine Church Sentinel, Algonac, Michigan, May 21, 1995.

Do you pay homage to the Catholics by keeping a Sunday Sabbath?

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
For the love of God keep the Sabbath.

John 14:15
If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Matthew 7:21
Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Luke 6:46
And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

John 15:10
If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Exodus 20:8
Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.

Holy Father, I pray that these things weigh heavy on their minds and hearts. Amen!

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Do you pay homage to the Catholics by keeping a Sunday Sabbath?
Actually as a Hebrew Catholic I do both a Jewish Shabbat and a Christian Lord's Day.

I keep a Jewish Shabbat from Friday sundown until Saturday sundown. I light candles and have kiddish. Sometimes I go to synagogue to pray with other Jews. Saturday I do no work, no washing dishes, no vacuuming, no opening mail... I turn my phone off. I don't cook. I don't do any shopping or handle money. You get the idea. Sunday I attend Mass. It is family day -- I call my mom and my kids, and we'll do special things. I might go out to eat with friends or go to the park. I watch TV and relax.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Actually as a Hebrew Catholic I do both a Jewish Shabbat and a Christian Lord's Day.

I keep a Jewish Shabbat from Friday sundown until Saturday sundown. I light candles and have kiddish. Sometimes I go to synagogue to pray with other Jews. Saturday I do no work, no washing dishes, no vacuuming, no opening mail... I turn my phone off. I don't cook. I don't do any shopping or handle money. You get the idea. Sunday I attend Mass. It is family day -- I call my mom and my kids, and we'll do special things. I might go out to eat with friends or go to the park. I watch TV and relax.
You are a exception to the rule.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
You are a exception to the rule.

Torah keepers are exceptions in general. I'm an exception because I'm a Hebrew Catholic, so I do it because of my Jewish identity. Others may do it because they feel specially called--let's face it, many discover how good it is to keep God's laws. But none of us are obligated out of some kind of fear of losing our salvation.

Shabbat Shalom. :)

spacer.gif

Lechah dodi, likrat kalah
penei Shabbat nekabelah

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Torah keepers are exceptions in general. I'm an exception because I'm a Hebrew Catholic, so I do it because of my Jewish identity. Others may do it because they feel specially called--let's face it, many discover how good it is to keep God's laws. But none of us are obligated out of some kind of fear of losing our salvation.

spacer.gif

penei Shabbat nekabelah
Is losing the WAY, the same thing as losing our salvation? Being called to identify with one or the other has always been at the heart of Yeshua's message... you can not serve two masters.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

spacer.gif

penei Shabbat nekabelah
Do you call the Pope your "Holy Father?"

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Do you call the Pope your "Holy Father?"

Why are you asking something off topic? You should have started your own thread. I'll answer your question, but please don't reply.

A.Holiness means set apart for God's purposes. He is holy for two reasons:
1. All Christians are holy (saints) and he is a Christian.
2. His office is holy.
B. Father is a term of endearment because he guides and teaches us. Just as Paul considered himself as a father in the faith to Timothy (1 Timothy 1:2), we think of the Pope as our father in the faith. We do not, however, think of him as replacing God, our one and only TRUE spiritual Father, the one who is our Maker, our Salvation, and who nurtures and disciplines us.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Why are you asking something off topic? You should have started your own thread. I'll answer your question, but please don't reply.

A.Holiness means set apart for God's purposes. He is holy for two reasons:
1. All Christians are holy (saints) and he is a Christian.
2. His office is holy.
B. Father is a term of endearment because he guides and teaches us. Just as Paul considered himself as a father in the faith to Timothy (1 Timothy 1:2), we think of the Pope as our father in the faith. We do not, however, think of him as replacing God, our one and only TRUE spiritual Father, the one who is our Maker, our Salvation, and who nurtures and disciplines us.
You really do need to start a thread on this subject because there are so many RCC doctrinal statements that do declare the Pope the Father, God on Earth...etc.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
You really do need to start a thread on this subject because there are so many RCC doctrinal statements that do declare the Pope the Father, God on Earth...etc.
So go into General Theology and start one. There are many Catholics there who will jump on the chance to answer. Send me a PM and I'll join the discussion if you like.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Pope claimed to be God?

“The Pope and God are the same, so he has all power in Heaven and earth.” Pope Pius V, quoted in Barclay, Chapter XXVII, p. 218, “Cities Petrus Bertanous”.

Pope Nicholas I declared: ” the appellation of God had been confirmed by Constantine on the Pope, who ,being God, cannot be judged by man.”(Labb IX Dist.: 96 Can 7 Satis Evidentur Decret Gratian Primer Para)

The Pope is not only the representative of Jesus Christ, He is Jesus Christ himself, hidden under the veil of flesh.” Catholic National July 1895

“We hold upon this earth the place of Almighty God” Pope Leo XIII Encyclical Letter of June 20,1894

” All names which in the Scriptures are applied to Christ, by virtue of which is established that He is over the church, all the same names are applied to the Pope.” On the authority of the Councils,book 2,chapter 17

The Pope is of so great dignity, and so exalted that he is not a mere man, but as it were God,, and the vicar of God.” Ferraris Ecclesiastical dictionary
Did Pope Pius V, Pope Nicholas and other statements that our Popes claimed to be as God?

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
2 Thessalonians 2:4

Who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God's, or that is worshiped; so that he as God sits in a temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
The Gloss of Extravagantes of Pope John XXII says this:

But to believe that our Lord God the Pope the establisher of said decretal, and of this, could not decree, as he did decree, should be accounted heretical. http://biblelight.net/Extravagantes.htm

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
2 Thessalonians 2:4

Who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God's, or that is worshiped; so that he as God sits in a temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
I am the way the Truth and the Life, no one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6.

Upvote 0