Shadesofgray

Apr 7, 2011
Seoul South Korea
✟15,386.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Benf, I can't quote that Pic you have about the point being over my head because my post count is still too low.... so I'll have to say this without the quote.

I disagree, while I get that you are saying it's a good thing that Jesus doesn't have a list like we do about what a person has to have in order to have his acceptance, you are still comparing two completely different things. It's like comparing apples and oranges, yes they are both fruit, but no matter how you slice it, an apple will never be an orange.

It's the same thing here. You are comparing the love Jesus has for his Children with Romantic love. We are allowed to be picky in our partners. The bible even recommends it. However, I can love all girls in the way that Jesus commands us to without being romantically attracted to them. I can love any girl or guy as my neighbour, and serve them in the way that Jesus would want me to, but that doesn't mean that I have to marry just anybody.

Upvote 0

Amber.ly

Predictably eccentric and honestly hypocritical
Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's not the most important thing to me because in the end where all going to look like old grapes. :holy: The thing to keep in mind is... will you date a sour bitter grape, or a sweet and juicy one? :p

:ok:

I think this all the time. I don't bother comparing myself to better looking chicks because it really doesn't matter- we all will get older, wrinklier and the competition factor will be moot then.

Then its all about our domestic godess skillz and I have that in the bag :cool:

JK

He needs to be good looking to me. However, I find a wide range of men (and body types) to be attractive.

:thumbsup: This is my thought also.

Upvote 0

Obzocky

Senior Contributor
Dec 24, 2009
Rain Land
✟33,236.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Not as important as not wanting to get them out of my personal space due to their personality. People I find attractive are a dime a dozen, people i'm willing to share actual time with are much harder to find let alone keep hold of.

My looks are as important to me as the mood dictates.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟381,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Not as important as not wanting to get them out of my personal space due to their personality. People I find attractive are a dime a dozen, people i'm willing to share actual time with are much harder to find let alone keep hold of.

My look are as important to me as the mood dictates.

I can relate. A beautiful woman is "just another pretty face" unless she has a compatible personality. Looks aren't important enough for me to accept an otherwise lousy match.

Upvote 0

Andrew12

A Knight of the Lord
Nov 4, 2010
Mainstreet, AnyTown
Visit site
✟17,283.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
looks...hmmm......... I really could care less so long as she is clean and modest. LOL

but I find a very very wide variety of looks to be beautiful. (but if I tell a girl she is cute, that means she is drop dead gorgeous to me. ;) :p )

Upvote 0

broken_one

Fear is but something to be overcome.
Jun 5, 2008
✟22,438.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Regarding the "looks diminish" thing....I'm comparatively rather young compared to most posters, but seeing from other, older people and their stuff....not my parents, of course....but like, I think when I will get older something will just click and I will be attracted to someone for every reason. Looks will just be an aspect, and even then I will somehow be into that sort of thing (sort of like now I'm not really attracted to girls in high school, for instance).

A lot of things you have to do on faith and hope.

Upvote 0

Touma

Feb 19, 2007
Virginia
✟19,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
attraction is a big thing to most everyone. It isn't wrong to want to be attracted to a person. After all, it is possible you might wake up to that face every morning!! Might want to have one you like looking at. And of course, if looks are the sole basis of your reason to be with a person, then you are quite shallow.

That being said, I do believe there are two types of beauty. You have those who conform their concept beauty to that of the world's, so you have people who are wanting to have, or wanting to look like, someone like, say, Megan Fox or something. Sure, she is nice looking, but I don't feel myself really all that physically attracted to a person like her. I like a gal who hides most of her beauty (modest is hottest!), and forces you to look at her in the eyes to see her beauty. =)

Upvote 0

Obzocky

Senior Contributor
Dec 24, 2009
Rain Land
✟33,236.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Frump is cool. Women who embrace Frumpdom get to fly with the fantastic Mr. Frump. It' a win/win scenario.
Frump_%28Earth-8107%29.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EyesOfKohl

Sufi
Nov 27, 2010
Гимры
✟83,635.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Most people seem to say that looks matter because you don't want to date someone you're not attracted to. But we're all attracted to different things and people. So it's kind of a funny thing when you think about it.

Yeah, and the great thing is you only need to worry about that one person finding you attractive!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Spirit_Star

Dec 14, 2008
USA
✟8,107.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I would want to be somewhat attracted to a potential partner but it would not be the most important thing. Before you know someone you see their physical appearance that’s what typical is one of the first things to draw someone to someone else.

That's true everyone has their own picture of what beauty is to them. Someone husband may think she is most beautiful woman and too him she is but to Bob down the street he may be thinking that she is not that pretty and thinking how could Joe settle for that etc. When I was younger Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise a lot of the girls were gaga for them, best looking guys on the planet but to me they were not/are not.

Upvote 0