Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
...to you?

:confused:
They'd never be the sole basis for me being attracted to someone, but not irrelevent. If I am not physically attracted to someone, I would not date her.

Upvote 0

Daughter of Ararat

Yeshua's Rose of Hayastan
May 4, 2010
✟9,539.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
I'm not physically attracted to 95% of age appropriate males-seriously. My dating life sucks. Why do I have to be so naturally picky??? I hate to say it is important because I was raise to think that looks are not what is important in a person, but shallow or not, I can't see wanted to ever kiss most guys. :| I guess that means that it is important.

Unless you mean how important are looks in myself, in which case it depends what I am doing/where I am going that day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gabe7

Apr 1, 2011
✟1,885.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
They'd never be the sole basis for me being attracted to someone, but not irrelevent. If I am not physically attracted to someone, I would not date her.

Sometimes I choose to see attractiveness where others fail to find it. Sometimes I choose to see ugliness where others fail to recognize it.

Upvote 0

Lord Herdsetk

What were they thinking?
Dec 4, 2010
Alabama
✟16,810.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Important but not the most important thing to me.

I'd be flat out lying if I said I'd date someone hideous, but I wouldn't not date a girl if she wasn't super fit with huge boobs.

Allow me to rephrase my last statement; a lot of guys seem to find super models attractive. I find normal, cute girls who have similar interests as me hot. Why? Because she has some qualities that I find attractive, other than just being physically beautiful. Honestly, a girl who can talk about movies and books and anything relating to writing stories or philosophy and actually be enthusiastic about it, excites me. That's super attractive. I want to get to know her more.

Upvote 0

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
...to you?

:confused:
I will not date someone I find unattractive or ugly so it is severely important.

The catch is though, once the physical attraction is there, it goes to the bottom of the list in a way. I will still adore her body and all but in terms of importance of being with someone in a serious relationship, the shared physical attraction becomes a fact whether a level of importance.

Upvote 0

Shadesofgray

Apr 7, 2011
Seoul South Korea
✟15,386.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
I think I've commented on something like this before. Although looks are important, and are what usually gets that first spark of attraction going, they are no where near the top of my priority list. Some very beautiful girls become very unattractive based on their personalities. Some girls that I may not have been attracted to when we first met become more attractive as I get to know them.

I once dated a girl with a huge scar on half her face. The scar was quite unattractive, but she was a wonderful girl and we got along very well. She had a character that outshone the physical blemish. As it turns other guys must agree with me, because she had a boyfriend before me, and she's dating someone else now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Japxican

Sep 16, 2010
Williams Lake, B.C.
✟7,904.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Having grown up with two fairly attractive older brothers (at least according to my friends), I'm not too taken just by a guy's looks. I look at his personality and such, too. And, like most ppl have said already, I need to be attracted to the guy and I think looks has something to do with it (haven't really been attracted to one in a long time...).

Upvote 0

broken_one

Fear is but something to be overcome.
Jun 5, 2008
✟22,438.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I sure am glad Jesus' affection isn't as conditional as ours.
We're also human. ;) And Jesus never had sex either, so physical attraction didn't hold much sway for Him.

And as for me....yeahhhhhh. Don't need to give an answer there. :p

Upvote 0

Nom De Guerre

Who amongst you doesn't see life as permanent?
May 6, 2005
Location, Location.
✟39,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jesus isn't looking at us for romantic partners. :p I'd be able to be affectionate to just about anyone the same way Jesus is.

201.jpg

You'd provide them with the Holy Ghost and eternal salvation!?

Upvote 0