How God proved to me that he is real...

MetalGrand

Feb 9, 2012
✟18,366.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am not a writer, I am actually terrible at it, but I want to share my story, so I am sorry if I make mistakes. A little background info: I grew up in a Christian family but although me and my parents didn’t go to church or anything, we still believed in God. During my childhood years I always liked to believe that there was a god and a heaven and that I would eventually end up there. As time went by and I got to middle school and eventually high school, those beliefs eventually faded away and I became an atheist. During my senior year of high school I really didn’t care that much and just wanted to party, do stupid things, and just have fun.

Half-way through senior year, I stopped by my grandma’s house (she is Christian). I came by to pick up some things and just talk to her for a little bit. We started going on talking about the subject of God and Jesus. She asked me if I believed and even though I didn’t anymore, I told her that I did. She was telling me that I should follow Jesus and start reading the bible. I told her that I would, even though I didn’t really have those intentions. Before I left she told me that she had been praying that someone would come up to me one day and confront me about God and ask me about my faith.

A couple weeks went by and at that time I was working at Sonic as a carhop. One night I took out an order to this really beat up pick-up truck and inside was an older man with white hair and a long white beard. I read back his order and handed him his food. When I was about to leave, he looked at me and straight out asked if I believed in God. I looked at him unsure what to say, but I just nodded yes. He then asked me if I believed in Jesus as my lord and savior, and once again I said yes. His eyes felt like they pierced into my soul, and it seemed like he was studying me. After a few seconds he gave me a nod, and I told him to have a good night. As I was walking away, he called me back and he gave me one dollar as a tip.

Another couple weeks pass by, and one night I had this really odd dream. I dreamed that I was in my friends apartment with a couple friends of mine. We were sitting around a table playing the game Apples to Apples. In my dream though everything felt different. I felt like I was playing a game of life. All the red cards had words that had to do with things that aren’t good in this world. They had words like money, greed, corruption, war, etc. and the green cards were all that was good like love, family, peace, joy, etc. The point of the game was to lose all your red cards and to gain green cards, and all my friends were doing nothing but collecting red cards while sometimes getting green cards. I remember feeling an amazingly overwhelming sensation that I never felt before, as if God was convincing me he was real. I felt he was helping me get all my green cards, and I eventually won the game with the most green cards. I also remember in my dream seeing that guy that I met at Sonic. When I woke up from that dream, I felt completely different. I felt AMAZING.

That same day I went to my grandmas and I told her everything. We prayed and she invited me to go to church with her on Easter morning, and I agreed. The night before Easter, I was working and a co-worker asked me that when he got off, if I wanted to smoke with him (I used to smoke marijuana) and I said yes I would. I got off earlier then he did and he said that he would call me when he was off at midnight. When I got home I started thinking about how bad it would be to smoke on Easter, and I had this feeling deep inside me which told me that I shouldn’t do it. When midnight came around, I got a call from my co-worker. I looked at the phone and just decided to not answer and pretend I fell asleep, and that was that. The next morning I went to church with my grandma. During service she asked me if I wanted to get saved. At first I was a little uneasy about it, but I decided that I wanted to. As the pastor was praying for me, he got emotional. What he said next blew my mind. He told me that God was proud of me, he said that he was proud that I didn’t answer the phone last night and that I made the right decision. How in the world did the pastor know about events the night prior?! After that moment, I got an amazing feeling going through my whole body like I never felt before. That was the greatest moment that I can remember ever feeling.

When I got home from church, I changed into some shorts. I reached into my pocket and I pulled out a dollar. I thought how odd that was because I NEVER leave money in my pockets and I never find money like that. Later that day I was going to go over to a friends house and I opened the door to my truck to find another dollar just sitting on my seat, at that moment I KNEW it was a sign from god, and I instantly thought of the guy at Sonic who gave me a dollar tip.

A few days went by and by that time I was praying every night. I’d had been single for almost 2 years and I was really wanting to meet a girl. I prayed to God that I could meet a girl who would share my interests and who would also be a Christian. I figured it would be much easier on my faith to date someone who was a Christian, rather then someone who isn’t. Two weeks went by and I was in one of my classes. This class consisted of me and four other people who peer-tutored mentally challenged kids. In this class was a girl who peer-tutored as well and even though we had been in this class for half a year together, we never talked. But this day we somehow ended up talking and I felt this connection between us. We eventually started texting and we grew to like each other a lot. The best thing of it all was I found out she was Christian. I knew that my prayer had been answered. This girl turned out to be the love of my life and we have been extremely happy with each other.

My walk of faith so far has been an amazing one, and I just wanted to share how I became a born again Christian and that God is real and he looks out for us. So people may think I am making this all up but I assure you its 100% true. I wouldn’t ever lie about any of this because it would go against what I believe, and I would only lie about it if I wasn’t a believer, but why would I waste my time writing something that shows god is real if I didn’t believe he was real? This was shared so people can have something to think about and maybe help them out as well. God bless you.

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am not a writer, I am actually terrible at it, but I want to share my story, so I am sorry if I make mistakes. A little background info: I grew up in a Christian family but although me and my parents didn’t go to church or anything, we still believed in God. During my childhood years I always liked to believe that there was a god and a heaven and that I would eventually end up there. As time went by and I got to middle school and eventually high school, those beliefs eventually faded away and I became an atheist. During my senior year of high school I really didn’t care that much and just wanted to party, do stupid things, and just have fun.

Half-way through senior year, I stopped by my grandma’s house (she is Christian). I came by to pick up some things and just talk to her for a little bit. We started going on talking about the subject of God and Jesus. She asked me if I believed and even though I didn’t anymore, I told her that I did. She was telling me that I should follow Jesus and start reading the bible. I told her that I would, even though I didn’t really have those intentions. Before I left she told me that she had been praying that someone would come up to me one day and confront me about God and ask me about my faith.

A couple weeks went by and at that time I was working at Sonic as a carhop. One night I took out an order to this really beat up pick-up truck and inside was an older man with white hair and a long white beard. I read back his order and handed him his food. When I was about to leave, he looked at me and straight out asked if I believed in God. I looked at him unsure what to say, but I just nodded yes. He then asked me if I believed in Jesus as my lord and savior, and once again I said yes. His eyes felt like they pierced into my soul, and it seemed like he was studying me. After a few seconds he gave me a nod, and I told him to have a good night. As I was walking away, he called me back and he gave me one dollar as a tip.

Another couple weeks pass by, and one night I had this really odd dream. I dreamed that I was in my friends apartment with a couple friends of mine. We were sitting around a table playing the game Apples to Apples. In my dream though everything felt different. I felt like I was playing a game of life. All the red cards had words that had to do with things that aren’t good in this world. They had words like money, greed, corruption, war, etc. and the green cards were all that was good like love, family, peace, joy, etc. The point of the game was to lose all your red cards and to gain green cards, and all my friends were doing nothing but collecting red cards while sometimes getting green cards. I remember feeling an amazingly overwhelming sensation that I never felt before, as if God was convincing me he was real. I felt he was helping me get all my green cards, and I eventually won the game with the most green cards. I also remember in my dream seeing that guy that I met at Sonic. When I woke up from that dream, I felt completely different. I felt AMAZING.

That same day I went to my grandmas and I told her everything. We prayed and she invited me to go to church with her on Easter morning, and I agreed. The night before Easter, I was working and a co-worker asked me that when he got off, if I wanted to smoke with him (I used to smoke marijuana) and I said yes I would. I got off earlier then he did and he said that he would call me when he was off at midnight. When I got home I started thinking about how bad it would be to smoke on Easter, and I had this feeling deep inside me which told me that I shouldn’t do it. When midnight came around, I got a call from my co-worker. I looked at the phone and just decided to not answer and pretend I fell asleep, and that was that. The next morning I went to church with my grandma. During service she asked me if I wanted to get saved. At first I was a little uneasy about it, but I decided that I wanted to. As the pastor was praying for me, he got emotional. What he said next blew my mind. He told me that God was proud of me, he said that he was proud that I didn’t answer the phone last night and that I made the right decision. How in the world did the pastor know about events the night prior?! After that moment, I got an amazing feeling going through my whole body like I never felt before. That was the greatest moment that I can remember ever feeling.

When I got home from church, I changed into some shorts. I reached into my pocket and I pulled out a dollar. I thought how odd that was because I NEVER leave money in my pockets and I never find money like that. Later that day I was going to go over to a friends house and I opened the door to my truck to find another dollar just sitting on my seat, at that moment I KNEW it was a sign from god, and I instantly thought of the guy at Sonic who gave me a dollar tip.

A few days went by and by that time I was praying every night. I’d had been single for almost 2 years and I was really wanting to meet a girl. I prayed to God that I could meet a girl who would share my interests and who would also be a Christian. I figured it would be much easier on my faith to date someone who was a Christian, rather then someone who isn’t. Two weeks went by and I was in one of my classes. This class consisted of me and four other people who peer-tutored mentally challenged kids. In this class was a girl who peer-tutored as well and even though we had been in this class for half a year together, we never talked. But this day we somehow ended up talking and I felt this connection between us. We eventually started texting and we grew to like each other a lot. The best thing of it all was I found out she was Christian. I knew that my prayer had been answered. This girl turned out to be the love of my life and we have been extremely happy with each other.

My walk of faith so far has been an amazing one, and I just wanted to share how I became a born again Christian and that God is real and he looks out for us. So people may think I am making this all up but I assure you its 100% true. I wouldn’t ever lie about any of this because it would go against what I believe, and I would only lie about it if I wasn’t a believer, but why would I waste my time writing something that shows god is real if I didn’t believe he was real? This was shared so people can have something to think about and maybe help them out as well. God bless you.

Now that you know He is real, will you still love Him if he took those things away like with Job?

I am truly glad you have found God. My message is this: Do not place your faith in signs and wonders only. These things you have described are just that. They are a simple stepping stone for a greater opportunity of faith. If you stop with a signs and wonder relationship then when the signs and wonders stop so will your faith.

Find a Jesus Christ centered church and get plugged into it, and build on what God has given you so far.

Upvote 0

leftrightleftrightleft

Jul 14, 2009
Canada
✟22,986.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married

Just out of interest sake, the dream you had when it all "made sense" and you knew God was real had nothing to do with Jesus' death and resurrection. How did the dream lead you to Christianity? The dream itself sounds more like Buddhist karma.

Also when you had the "amazing feeling" go through your whole body when you were getting saved, what did it feel like? Can you elaborate? Was it like chills down your spine and this feeling of fullness and wholeness?

Upvote 0

lucaspa

Legend
Oct 22, 2002
New York
✟32,309.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
All this sounds to me like a string of coincidences. I don't hear in any of this opening up a personal relationship with God. If you think your belief is real, more power to you. But I gotta tell you, it just doesn't sound like you are feeling love of God and love of your neighbor (except your girlfriend).

Upvote 0

MetalGrand

Feb 9, 2012
✟18,366.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well honestly, I don't think my belief is real, I KNOW it is real. Same goes for what happened to me. Nothing as great as this has ever happened to me. I feel I have a unique relationship with God. I know its not my mind, I know for a fact its God and everyday I wake up I feel Jesus with me and I feel his love. I've become a better person since I became born-again. I ask myself before I do something, if Jesus would do this. Then I act upon what I think. God has lead me to exactly where I want to be right now. And I understand I will have rough patches in my faith, but I will NEVER give up my faith no matter how bad things may possibly get. I feel whatever bad happens is just a test of my faith, which I will always keep close to my heart.

As for my dream, I knew it was Christianity because it all all had to do with Jesus (I left that part out) but throughout the whole dream, I had Jesus on my mind.

As for when I got saved, I felt whole and complete. My heart was completely full of joy like I never felt in my life.

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well honestly, I don't think my belief is real, I KNOW it is real. Same goes for what happened to me. Nothing as great as this has ever happened to me. I feel I have a unique relationship with God. I know its not my mind, I know for a fact its God and everyday I wake up I feel Jesus with me and I feel his love. I've become a better person since I became born-again. I ask myself before I do something, if Jesus would do this. Then I act upon what I think. God has lead me to exactly where I want to be right now. And I understand I will have rough patches in my faith, but I will NEVER give up my faith no matter how bad things may possibly get. I feel whatever bad happens is just a test of my faith, which I will always keep close to my heart.

As for my dream, I knew it was Christianity because it all all had to do with Jesus (I left that part out) but throughout the whole dream, I had Jesus on my mind.

As for when I got saved, I felt whole and complete. My heart was completely full of joy like I never felt in my life.

..And that is how "proof" works. It is tailored to our individual needs. Everything that happened to you was for you specifically. there isn't one specific pattern of proof that we all get. That said know that your "introduction" to God will grow tepid and die if you are not constantly maintaining it and pushing personal spiritual growth. Like finding a church and pushing yourself to be an "active" member in that church. reading your bible, developing a prayer life, etc...

Your experience to one degree or another is exactly billions of others. of which only a small percentage "finish the race" as Paul puts it. You have only scratched the surface there is so much more in store for you if you remain faithful to what you have given. Not that you haven't been thus far, just do not rest or become complacent or expect to interact with God the way you have so far. Grow past the signs and wonder side of faith and you will find what you have been promised...

Good luck and God bless

Upvote 0

Aibrean

Honest. Maybe too Honest.
Mar 18, 2007
Xenia, Ohio
Visit site
✟15,879.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I completely believe your testimony. I have seen how God works in people first-hand. When we were still dating, my fiance was SDA and I went to a pretty non-denom church. The church started falling apart and my brother and I were talking about changing churches and denominations and we had to find one that met our criteria because we didn't like contemporary music.

My fiance was pretty hostile to it (he didn't like the non-denom church and the people were very judgmental). He didn't want to go to church with us. He visited with us though because I didn't want to be by myself.

When we started taking new member classes he didn't want to go so he would leave and go home. One Saturday night I had a dream that he was falling into a black hold and I was pulling him out.

That Sunday he asked if he could go to the class with us. Then after the class he wanted to be baptized.

We were all baptized together and I became a member. He ended up getting a job in the church as a maintenance supervisor.

He was the first one to use the common cup instead of individual ones and it really helped strengthen my own faith (I'm a very big clean/sanitary freak...it took a lot to not think about all the mouths touching the chalice).

Now we have switched to a sister church, but he still works at the other one and now we are all members.

It's really nice to know when he has issues he talks to the pastor at the church he works at. He puts family and stuff on the prayer list. He sees SDA as being completely false and damaging. It's like he did a complete 360.

I didn't tell him about the black hole dream until later.

Upvote 0