How Does God Measure Time?

oncelost

Aug 25, 2005
✟7,746.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
I do not appreciate you disrespecting me with remarks such as these. Please refrain from doing this. I hope correction does not offend you. Even though you have violated the forum rules by flaming me...I do not ever report anyone. I just over look it.

Lighten up. Crypto only said what others are thinking. You evidently have a high opinion of yourself (starting with your username), and about every other post of yours is laced with disrespect. You remind me of some of those contestants on the first few weeks of American Idol who have no clue they're out of their league and are offended by the criticism of accomplished judges.

Upvote 0

TheWiseMan

Mercy an Truth
Feb 10, 2013
✟551.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lighten up. Crypto only said what others are thinking. You evidently have a high opinion of yourself (starting with your username), and about every other post of yours is laced with disrespect. You remind me of some of those contestants on the first few weeks of American Idol who have no clue they're out of their league and are offended by the criticism of accomplished judges.

I asked the Lord what to say to you. He said to count my blessings. And to

Thank you for reminding me how fortunate I am.

Upvote 0

southcountry

Feb 14, 2013
✟15,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Time is an observation relevant to lower states of energy which accumulate as matter. Mass is a by product of the drag of time on matter. Time is integral with electromagnetism. Our bodies are of these laws, our spirits arent.

In reality time measured here in this reality has nothing to do with rotations of heavenly bodies. It has to do with the rate of drag on matter. This is the force the four spirits hold apart, its a blank canvass that the celestial bodies have been hung on.

In the new Jerusalem, as in Eden, the outer court will have no need for the sun or the moon as described in Revelation, but there will be a new creation more marvelous and complex than the world we know now. That is what we are being prepared for.

Upvote 0

TheWiseMan

Mercy an Truth
Feb 10, 2013
✟551.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Time is an observation relevant to lower states of energy which accumulate as matter. Mass is a by product of the drag of time on matter. Time is integral with electromagnetism. Our bodies are of these laws, our spirits arent.

In reality time measured here in this reality has nothing to do with rotations of heavenly bodies. It has to do with the rate of drag on matter. This is the force the four spirits hold apart, its a blank canvass that the celestial bodies have been hung on.

In the new Jerusalem, as in Eden, the outer court will have no need for the sun or the moon as described in Revelation, but there will be a new creation more marvelous and complex than the world we know now. That is what we are being prepared for.

Pardon me...but do you have the TIME?

Upvote 0

southcountry

Feb 14, 2013
✟15,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pardon me...but do you have the TIME?

The time here is looked at as a complete whole from heaven, thats why the end of the world is just as close now as it was 2000 years ago. Thats why the creation was finished even before when it started, thats how God has written the names in the Book of Life already.

Time is not a function to God. For some it is hard to understand this idea, but even stranger while we are stuck in this reality, in a way time is actually a function of our thought, we are able to affect it.

Not sure if this is the answer you desire.

Upvote 0

TheWiseMan

Mercy an Truth
Feb 10, 2013
✟551.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Who taught you all this?

Upvote 0

southcountry

Feb 14, 2013
✟15,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who taught you all this?

Seems like Ive known it my whole life, it just took me to read, observe , and relate. Gods spirit works perfect harmony in nature, but the things that ought not be are demonic entities, they upset atomic structure when they materialize from another realm, this is why reports of such usually are accompanied by effect of radiation in various forms, such as light , heat, microwave radiation, even the smell of brimstone and sulfur. Ive been a direct witness to such things and I can tell you satans pals have knowledge and power of 1/3 of the stars or worlds and they can manipulate time to lay a snare for us.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Time is an observation relevant to lower states of energy which accumulate as matter. Mass is a by product of the drag of time on matter. Time is integral with electromagnetism. Our bodies are of these laws, our spirits arent. In reality time measured here in this reality has nothing to do with rotations of heavenly bodies. It has to do with the rate of drag on matter. This is the force the four spirits hold apart, its a blank canvass that the celestial bodies have been hung on. In the new Jerusalem, as in Eden, the outer court will have no need for the sun or the moon as described in Revelation, but there will be a new creation more marvelous and complex than the world we know now. That is what we are being prepared for.

There ya go. Time is the opposite of God. As matter marches toward it's doom, God watches an instant go by. And if God wishes matter into being, the "number of years" is not a limiting factor for Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Seems like Ive known it my whole life, it just took me to read, observe , and relate. Gods spirit works perfect harmony in nature, but the things that ought not be are demonic entities, they upset atomic structure when they materialize from another realm, this is why reports of such usually are accompanied by effect of radiation in various forms, such as light , heat, microwave radiation, even the smell of brimstone and sulfur. Ive been a direct witness to such things and I can tell you satans pals have knowledge and power of 1/3 of the stars or worlds and they can manipulate time to lay a snare for us.

Any authority Satan has over any part of God's Creation is temporary.
His end has already been written and we have nothing to fear except fear itself.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Originally Posted by Aman777
Aman:>>Dear Sky, Notice that the verse says that God rested from ALL of His work. Many people add to what is written and say that means that God rested from ALL of His work of the Creation, but that is NOT so, since God is still working today, according to Jesus.

Sky:>>As you have shown, Jesus did not mention Creation, you added that.

Dear Sky, Not so. I haven't added ANYthing. Jesus is telling us that His Father is still working Today. How could He have rested from ALL of His work if He is still working at the time Jesus was on this Earth? Jesus is also God. Do you think He rested from ALL of His work BEFORE He died on the Cross? The Holy Spirit is also God. Has the Holy Spirit rested from ALL of His work? IF so, then WHY are we still telling sinners that it's not too late to be created a new creature in Christ?

Sky:>>But the first reference is at the end of the Creation week passage. So it is naturally referring to Creation in it's context.
Jesus is not. Jesus is referring work of the Spirit in that context.

Not so. Genesis 2:1-3 is future. It will not happen until the end of the present 6th Day. IF God rested from ALL of His creating in the past, it would be too late for you and me and EVERY Christian to be created in Christ IF God rested in the beginning.

Aman:>>Are you saying that the Holy Spirit is NOT God? Of course not. IF the Holy Spirit is working today, and He is, then God has NOT yet rested from ALL of His work.
Sky:>>The first reference is at the end of the Creation week passage.
So it is naturally referring to all the work of Creation due to it's context.
Jesus is not. Jesus is referring work of the Holy Spirit in that context.

Jesus is NOT speaking of the Holy Spirit but of His Father. In order to say that God rested for 24 hours and then went back to work, and hasn't rested since, is ludicrous. God could NOT have rested from ALL of His work of creating since He is still working Today, or we are all lost.
Aman:>>Jhn 5:17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto (Greek-up to the present time,) and I work.

The Holy Spirit is God and He certainly hasn't rested from ALL of His work. The Church continues to work with the Holy Spirit to bring sinners to Christ. God will NOT rest from ALL of His work until His work is finished or brought to perfection, and ALL of the host of heaven are in heaven. Genesis 2:1 Remember also that it takes the agreement of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit to create a sinner in God's Image. John 14 (Blue Letter Bible: KJV - King James Version)

Genesis chapter one tells the entire history of the 6 Creative Days. Genesis 2:1-3 is telling us the history of what will happen AFTER the present 6th Day is complete. This shows that ONLY God could have written Genesis, since He tells us the entire History of His Creation before the Creation is finished or brought to perfection.

I notice that you did not comment on this part of my post. Is it because you don't know what to say since it goes against your religion?

In Love,
Aman

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In order to say that God rested for 24 hours and then went back to work, and hasn't rested since, is ludicrous. God could NOT have rested from ALL of His work of creating since He is still working Today, or we are all lost.

Your making that up. You are adding to scripture.
There is no "lost". Check what Jesus said
" When he had received the drink, Jesus said,
"It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.
"

So no one is lost. Jesus finished His work. All that's left is for you to accept that it is all over.
That's the work of the Spirit to work on your spirit. The creation part is finished.
I could go over the Alpha & Omega passages as well. They all tell us it's over and done.
All that's left is for this corrupted earth to be tossed in the lake and burned.
That could be any day now.

The first reference is at the end of the Creation week passage. So it is naturally referring to Creation in it's context. Jesus is not. Jesus is referring work of the Spirit in that context.

I notice that you did not comment on this part of my post.
You refuse to use the quote button, so you get what you get.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Originally Posted by Aman777
In order to say that God rested for 24 hours and then went back to work, and hasn't rested since, is ludicrous. God could NOT have rested from ALL of His work of creating since He is still working Today, or we are all lost.
Sky:>>Your making that up. You are adding to scripture.

Dear Sky, Not so. The following verses are speaking of God:

Job 34:14 If He set His heart upon man, [if] He gather unto Himself His spirit and His breath; Job 34:15 All flesh shall perish together, and man shall turn again unto dust.

Sky:>>There is no "lost".

Sure there is. Luk 19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

Sky:>>Check what Jesus said
" When he had received the drink, Jesus said,
"It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.
"

So no one is lost. Jesus finished His work. All that's left is for you to accept that it is all over.

I agree that Jesus finished His work of Salvation, but He tells us what His work is today. Jhn 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if [it were] not [so], I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

In order to be "created in God's Image" or born again, it takes the agreement of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, to create a new Christian.

Jhn 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever;

Please tell us HOW a Christian can be born again Spiritually if God has already rested from ALL of His work of creating.

Sky:<>>That's the work of the Spirit to work on your spirit. The creation part is finished.

ONLY if you add to what is written in Genesis 2:2-3

Sky:>>I could go over the Alpha & Omega passages as well. They all tell us it's over and done.
All that's left is for this corrupted earth to be tossed in the lake and burned.
That could be any day now.

This event WILL soon take place on the present 6th Day for until this is done, God's work will continue.

Sky:>>The first reference is at the end of the Creation week passage. So it is naturally referring to Creation in it's context. Jesus is not. Jesus is referring work of the Spirit in that context.

IF what you say is true, then Jesus ALSO rested in the beginning for Jesus IS God too, and the Holy Spirit also rested from ALL of His work thousands of years ago. Your theory fails and you cannot support it Scripturally.

I realize that your view is the traditional religious view, but I'm trying to make a point here. Genesis does NOT say what ancient men theorized. My view is an attempt to get you to think Scripturally, instead of listening to ANY man's views, including mine. God bless you.

In Love,
Aman

Upvote 0

hiscosmicgoldfish

Liberal Anglican
Mar 1, 2008
✟11,767.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Do you know?

i heard a theory that god might have streched out time, when he streched out the universe. i think that carbon dates are accurate, and so you can date some nearndethals back to 26,000 years, fossilised wood in various rocks get dates in the thousands rather than millions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
i heard a theory that god might have streched out time, when he streched out the universe. i think that carbon dates are accurate, and so you can date some nearndethals back to 26,000 years, fossilised wood in various rocks get dates in the thousands rather than millions.

He does not experience time.
There is no good reason to believe a Bishop's numbers or a Pope.

Upvote 0