How does a Christian witness to or rebuke to those in the church..?

Lik3

Nov 21, 2011
South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I created this video because I care about and am concerned about the state of the US church, especially. While many of us are true believers, there is so much wrong within the confines of some churches. Many churches are either cold or lukewarm. I have witnessed division and the outright nastiness of some who say that they are believers. Should I rebuke or witness or leave them alone? What does it mean that in the final days in Revelation, he (or she) who is holy, let them be holy still?

My video I hope will give you an idea as to what I am writing about here. What is or are the most effective way to witness or rebuke some who are professing believers but deep inside are not true believers? Should I witness to them such as in a Bible Study or another setting or should I just leave them alone? I know that we should be a witness and lead those who are not believers to lead them to Jesus, but how about the professing Church that one knows are not "living right"? What would your advice be? As you well know judging from my posts, I have relatives who are professing believers, but their teachings aren't biblical in my eyes. Where should I begin if at all? I know that the love of many will grow cold according to prophecy, so is there still hope despite the apostasy? Most of all, I am scared for my family. Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, here is my video below:

Ken Behrens

Sep 5, 2016
Milford, Delaware, USA
Visit site
✟32,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And how can you judge them? All of us are growing, and none of us are following Jesus 100%. Each has responsibility to correct some. But we cannot fill the earth if we are all standing in the same place. Sometimes, you just have to leave. It is all part of learning to hear God. But if it not done in love, then no matter how correct the words are, it is not God.

Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0

Lik3

Nov 21, 2011
South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
And how can you judge them? All of us are growing, and none of us are following Jesus 100%. Each has responsibility to correct some. But we cannot fill the earth if we are all standing in the same place. Sometimes, you just have to leave. It is all part of learning to hear God. But if it not done in love, then no matter how correct the words are, it is not God.

Thank you.

Upvote 0

Ken Behrens

Sep 5, 2016
Milford, Delaware, USA
Visit site
✟32,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you.
You are welcome. I look forward to the rise of a new generation of people who can so be transformed by Christ, that they can live in love to the extent that erring churches will ask them what they are doing wrong.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think the video was good and not presented with a bad tone. It comes across more as a plea than a correction, which is good.

One must consider what authority God has given each of us.

Obey your leaders and submit to their authority. They keep watch over you as men who must give an account. Obey them so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no advantage to you.
(Hebrews 13:17, 1984 NIV)

While it depends on how a "rebuke" is handled, we should not actually be trying to rebuke certain people, like the senior pastor of the church we attend. A senior-most pastor will typically not have the authority to rebuke anyone in another church at all (or the knowledge and wisdom to do so).

From a practical standpoint, trying to correct someone who does not already respect you and your opinion may only result in harm, and even then do "I" have the experiences in that kind of situation to handle it wisely? While "sharing information" can be a way of thinking one isn't rebuking another, I think often an even subtler approach is more appropriate. Sometimes this can be done simply by asking their opinion about Scripture, with only the goal of making sure they know God's will, then leaving it at that.

Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand. (Romans 14:4, 1984 NIV)

They're not intentionally misapplying the Word, so prayer may be what is best rather than "explaining" something to him.

Do not rebuke an older man harshly, but exhort him as if he were your father. Treat younger men as brothers,older women as mothers, and younger women as sisters, with absolute purity. (1 Timothy 5:1-2, 1984 NIV)

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. (bold mine, Ephesians 4:29, 1984 NIV)

Remember that God is in control and if he wanted to change things, he could. Trust him. Trust him wholeheartedly with everything you do not have control of or have authority over. May of us have this pain you have. Someone in my small group is currently visibly hurting and distressed from simply having a knowledge of what is happening in the world (but also has personal experience of some of what is in the news).

Jesus died to save everyone and God is still trying to save people. We are a part of God's plan. We need to be lead by the Holy Spirit in our work for him. It is usually a poor perspective to look at the gifts God has given us and think we know what we're supposed to do with them. Until we are full of the love of God in our hearts, we won't even be able to use our gifts the way God really wants (1 Corinthians 13:1-3). We need the Holy Spirit. Our lives were never meant to be lived apart from the Holy Spirit.

One thing that many people would do well to recognize is that God gives people authority so they can help and protect others. The way we see authority used in the world makes it easy to forget this.

This is why I write these things when I am absent, that when I come I may not have to be harsh in my use of authority—the authority the Lord gave me for building you up, not for tearing you down. (2 Corinthians 13:10, 1984 NIV)

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I created this video because I care about and am concerned about the state of the US church, especially. While many of us are true believers, there is so much wrong within the confines of some churches. Many churches are either cold or lukewarm. I have witnessed division and the outright nastiness of some who say that they are believers. Should I rebuke or witness or leave them alone? What does it mean that in the final days in Revelation, he (or she) who is holy, let them be holy still?

My video I hope will give you an idea as to what I am writing about here. What is or are the most effective way to witness or rebuke some who are professing believers but deep inside are not true believers? Should I witness to them such as in a Bible Study or another setting or should I just leave them alone? I know that we should be a witness and lead those who are not believers to lead them to Jesus, but how about the professing Church that one knows are not "living right"? What would your advice be? As you well know judging from my posts, I have relatives who are professing believers, but their teachings aren't biblical in my eyes. Where should I begin if at all? I know that the love of many will grow cold according to prophecy, so is there still hope despite the apostasy? Most of all, I am scared for my family. Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, here is my video below:
Really interesting topic! .. And greatly encouraging to see the nature of your mind and heart! Thank you!! :clap::clap::oldthumbsup::)

Regarding your question, Revelation 22:11, we who are children of the light are brethren. We are of the same spirit, and we seek to strengthen each other that love can prevail in the church (Luke 17:3-4).

Prophesy states that in the last days, the sun will refuse to give it's light and the moon turns to blood.

The parable of the weeds and wheat uses darnel to describe the sabotage of the kingdom. Darnel is a similar plant to wheat, but when it matures, it is obviously not wheat.

Jesus says the world will know that we are His disciples, if we love one another. However, the works of the enemy seek to provoke us to sin, and sin causes us to lose our essence of life - that is, grace. When the enemy successfully provokes us to sin, our grace is displaced by wrath, or pride, or envy etc (Galatians 5:19-21). This confuses those who are not sure in their own faith, and while the enemy is the most cunning of all creatures, the onlooker might be misled to trust the imposter than the brethren, because the imposter (belonging to the enemy, Romans 6:16) wins the heart of the seeker by flattering his lusts.

Here are some verses for your further consideration: Proverbs 11:11-12, 1 Corinthians 2:7-8, Matthew 6:22-23, Matthew 7:1-2 & Romans 7:9, Matthew 6:15, Matthew 10:16, Isaiah 28:1-6, Revelation 7:9-14.

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I know that the love of many will grow cold according to prophecy, so is there still hope despite the apostasy? Most of all, I am scared for my family. Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

There is hope, yes, but we have to remember that only "few" find the strait gate and the narrow way.

So so many call themselves Christian but have no fruits (or worse have rotten fruits because their claims are outright lies), but rebuking them is sometimes harder than evangelising non-believers because the foolish virgin always thinks themselves wise (something we all need to consider about ourselves).

Upvote 0

sunshine456

Dec 21, 2012
✟11,995.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Greg has a point, but misses the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help us GOD the heavenly father. First off-idleness has become rampant, even to the point in some masses full communion is not served. Secondly blindness to know the whole TRUTH and nothing but the TRUTH so help us GOD the heavenly father through his son JESUS is apparent and the lack of conviction to suppress, hinder and renounce those entwining themselves within the congregation as wolves dressed in sheep's clothing.

You know the motto...one worm can spoil the whole batch, well when you have a batch of worms you have even more than you can handle.

Plain and simply we are under attack and there is a massive undercurrent of witchcraft, satanism, and occultism in the US alone that should alarm any true believer and wake anyone not blinded to the warning signs, danger and threats that the enemy assails us consistently.

The media has glamorized that which should be abhorred or repented of and seen as quote un-quote "infections" and "corruption"; anything from witchcraft, voodoo, mysticism, psychic wonders, ungodly practices, mediums, and sexual liberation's, lust, gluttonous acts, among all kinds of violence and crime that should be abstained an rebelled against for the sake of the glory of GOD the heavenly father and his son lord JESUS CHRIST.

I personally have witnessed on countless occasions the "allowances" of many congregations of those who live vicariously with wealth and riches, those bound in gluttony and unrestrained sexual appetites with no recourse to give these people over to repentance....just idly ignoring the facts, the signs and then after a time a deluge of reports come crashing down and then things like ......bankruptcy, etc are announced that effect some supposed congregations, albeit sometimes this can be from false accusations, but there still is some validity in hindsight.

THIS IS SHAMEFUL AND DISGRACEFUL IN THE EVENT OF SUCH OCCURRANCES!!" We are to be lamp-stands to those in darkness, guides to the blind and while we need to preach and announce the LOVE of GOD and the salvation through JESUS CHRIST, we must; as a part of love also rebuke, admonish, and reproof when necessary!!!!

This is not about judging as much as it is about repentance of those whom need to repent or be removed when the reason are true and validated.

"Excommunication, exiled and banishment is hardly ever heard of anymore and why?"

Praise be to GOD the heavenly father and his son lord JESUS CHRIST forever>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Agree
Reactions: Serving Zion
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums