How Do You Make Friends At Church?

nb408

Mar 20, 2013
✟25,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have no christian friends and it's really hard for me to open up and make new ones so just by going to these college age groups at church is a huge step for me. It seems like everyone knows each other their and It's very intimidating not knowing anybody. How do I go about making friends their? The First day was pretty awkward, did I already screw things up?

youngthomas

Nov 11, 2014
North Carolina
✟15,226.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I have developed a general anxiety disorder, which makes it hard for me to approach people and have small talk. Today, I asked my Priest to pray for me when everyone cleared out for coffee, as it's difficult to accept prayers in the middle of church. He has encouraged me to continue to face my fears. After he prayed for me I went in for coffee and fellowship, and recieved a warm welcome from many people, young and old. I was able to converse and feel a part of the fellowship without my anxiety taking over.

Sometimes it helps to talk to the priest or pastor, or a leader in the church. They want to help you feel welcome and a part of the church, no doubt about it. I suggest to you, to talk to your church leader(s) and ask for prayers and support. It really does make all the difference in the world when you receive a welcome from them. And of course, continue to pray for strength and guidance.

Upvote 0