How do you interpret "My soul is forever lost"?

Zurückschlagen

Weiß und Blau
Jan 8, 2017
Europe
✟13,169.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I had this friend, I know him from around 2009.
We stopped talking recently.

I started copying him Verses from the Bible, quotes that are useful in real life.
He hated me for it.
He got really angry with me a few times.
And in one of our last conversations, he told me this:

"My soul is forever lost.
No salvation for me.
Nothing will be the same again.
It's all gone."

A few weeks before this, he told me:
"The power of the dark side is too great. That's the real power".

How do you interpret all this?
He is a 100% scientologist.

gentlejah

Jan 4, 2017
Ontario
✟17,298.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It sounds like a dark fantasy concocted in his mind due to pain, anger, frustration or any combination of dark passions. A mental trap.

If you asked him where this lost soul resides he wouldn't be able to say. It's those sort of delusions that keeps people from seeing they are one with God.

"At that day you shall know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you."-John 14:20

Upvote 0

Zurückschlagen

Weiß und Blau
Jan 8, 2017
Europe
✟13,169.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I forgot something Frau @gentlejah

He never had money. He endured lots of pain, more than me probably.
Our friendship gave him hope. He told me that lots of times.

I gave him a lot. And I now I told him I will give him even more when I get back on my feet. I told him to wait a little bit longer.

And then you know what he said. It's all gone and nothing to be saved.

I struggled to understand it because he said it with this dead serious tone, like really DEAD serious. He was not joking at all. And this man does not smoke, do drugs, or whatever. Water is his best friend. And he always had a very healthy way of living.

Upvote 0

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian

I started copying him Verses from the Bible, quotes that are useful in real life.
He hated me for it.

No salvation for me.
It's all gone."

A few weeks before this, he told me:
"The power of the dark side is too great. That's the real power".

How do you interpret all this?
He is a 100% scientologist.
I think your friend has been watching too much "Star Wars".

Reactions: Goatee
Upvote 0

Wolfe

Pack Leader
Aug 24, 2016
United states
✟59,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, I wholeheartedly believe in demonic possession, even nowadays.
Maybe not like the exorcist, or anything like that.

But in ourselves, doubt, addiction, the desire to do bad, I believe it's all demonically influenced.

They influence our mentality, and yes, I believe Jesus professing Christians can also be possessed, or haunted.

But, psychologically, if I had to guess, you're friend is being edgy.

But also, the dark side is too powerful thing, is worrying, because that's exactly what a possessed person would say.

I'd have to know your friend, to come to a better conclusion.
And, he's a scientologist, and they're kind of nutty anyway, but I'd still have to know him to get an accurate reading.

On face value, I would say that he's being edgy for edgyness sake, like a goth would.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He is having a deeper experience of not being saved than most people. He cannot perceive the truth. He is a slave to sin and blind to truth. It has gone on long enough that he has developed a worldview rooted in that. I do not know what you could say to him, but the best things to do are not to hide whatever faith in God you have (Luke 8:16 and others), and to pray for him. It would be good to involve other people somehow. I don't know enough about either of you to suggest something, but certainly it would be good for more than just you to be praying for him. Ask people devoted to Jesus Christ to pray for God to draw both you and him closer to Jesus and to be able to perceive the truth about him more clearly. Read the Bible for yourself, even if it has to be only a little at a time occasionally.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

He hated me for it.

No salvation for me.
It's all gone."
We can never be so far gone that God cannot find us. God's Word tells us that the Father is MOST powerful, there is no one more powerful. And the Father gives Jesus' Children to Him. No one can remove us from the Father and the Son's hand. NO ONE.

John 10:29

29 “My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.

The only time it is too late is when we are dead. Jesus is always there for us to turn to while we live.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
He is having a deeper experience of not being saved than most people. He cannot perceive the truth. He is a slave to sin and blind to truth. It has gone on long enough that he has developed a worldview rooted in that. I do not know what you could say to him, but the best things to do are not to hide whatever faith in God you have (Luke 8:16 and others), and to pray for him. It would be good to involve other people somehow. I don't know enough about either of you to suggest something, but certainly it would be good for more than just you to be praying for him. Ask people devoted to Jesus Christ to pray for God to draw both you and him closer to Jesus and to be able to perceive the truth about him more clearly. Read the Bible for yourself, even if it has to be only a little at a time occasionally.
All he needs to do is take that one step. Then challenge his own world view.

There is a really good debate here
It makes a great case for Christ and the worldview of believers and the flawed worldview of non believers.

You may want to watch it, take notes and then share with him.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, is he still alive? It sounds like it could be a suicide statement. He seemed to be set against knowing God and His "...so great salvation" in His beloved Son, the Lord Jesus. He seemed to be troubled in soul. You might keep trying to learn if he is still here and still wants to talk about eternity with God.

Upvote 0