Sep 2, 2013
christiana PA
✟8,148.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sorry to hear. I know some family who seem to have the same
problem. Conversing with family, old friends, acquaintances etc.
I have an Aunt who mainly goes on because she likes the games.

Hope your wife gets some help, if needed. Almost anything can
become an addiction.

Thanks..I keep praying about it.

John 3:16

Upvote 0

wtrailer

May 1, 2011
✟16,728.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The best thing about it is getting re-acquainted with old friends you'd never contact otherwise. Worst thing about it is how addictive it can be, especially when it's on your phone. I'm going to put it away. I find myself checking it way too much and nothing I am informed of is of any value to my real life.

WT

Upvote 0

beaverpond

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
✟8,480.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I love Facebook and spend more time communicating by Facebook Messenger then posting to actual posts by friends, I do "like" comments that they have made.

I rarely post pics of my girls because they are my pride and joy and I never mention them by name for security reasons of both.

I also rarely post about my families personal life on Facebook because of the inherit dangers of who else may be looking or reading.

Upvote 0

PassionateOne

I say it, as I see it
Jan 13, 2007
Texas
✟19,187.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is such a thing as posting too many pictures of your baby, however. I wonder how these children will feel once they grow up and see the hundreds and hundreds of photos their parents have posted of them as they were growing up.

This is the reason, I don't use FB that much anymore. FB was nice & I reconnected with an old high school friend and we got married....so I will always like FB because of it.

But, at the same time, after suffering thru 3 miscarriages, then getting on FB and seeing all the pregnancy posts, then baby pictures, I just couldn't tolerate it anymore. :(

Reactions: Eagle Of Oz
Upvote 0

Odetta

Thankful for grace
Jan 24, 2014
Georgia
✟32,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I love it. I love being able to connect with people I don't see in my daily activities, and keep in touch with them. I have a small group of very close friends that are spread out all across the Southeast US, and we have many conversations on FB Messenger. It's great because it's real time.

I post funny stories about my kids - things that make me proud, not anything derogatory. I rarely post pictures of them for safety reasons. My youngest however, wants me take pictures of him and post them on FB to show off something cool he did. I will have to limit his participation, I can already tell.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
T

ToBeBlessed

Some people like it, and some have a love/hate relationship with it. Others refuse to even be on there at all. What is your opinion on it. Do you have an account, why or why not? And do you think that you will continue to use FB in the future?

Since my daughter, son-in-law and grandson are an hour and a half away from me I really enjoy the photos and videos of them. My grandson is only 3 months old and we all know they learn or do something new almost every week at that age, in that way, keeping up with them and seeing what my grandson is doing each week I can't visit is a blessing.

There is another feature I really like which is the ability to chat directly with people when they are online. I can communicate directly with nieces and nephews that I only get to see a few times a year. It's hard for them to avoid you when you do that. lol. You know they are there and they know you are there.

It has some good uses.

I've also wondered if it could be used to positively spread the Good News of salvation. Has anyone used it to testify to those you do not know or have never met?

Upvote 0

miracle66

Feb 13, 2014
✟7,644.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I agree FB is nice way for families and friends to stay in touch. But, use it with common sense.... Never post anything unless you're ready to hear from others. Because FB is not private and people feel free to chime in on everything... Use it with caution and ask yourself W.W.J.D. ?

Upvote 0

beaverpond

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
✟8,480.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have recently had a very rough experience with Facebook. Somebody in my own family took one thing I said by private message and then twisted it to their benefit and shared with all our relatives so that none of my relatives are talking to me. I have now "unfriended" all relatives and friends unless they are tied to the church. This allows me to distribute information for church purposes only because I am in charge of the church Facebook Page and I also built and maintain the church website. They are both linked to each other the way I set them up. I also do not use Facebook for any purpose other to share prayer request and share other works of the ministry because of recent events.

I basically told all my relatives that they can go pound sand for not wanting to listen to my side of the story and hearing what really took place. So yes, I have a really bad experience with Facebook. I guess e-mail would not be much different, but not many of them use e-mail as almost all of them prefer Facebook. But, I won't be communicating with them by e-mail either.

My Pastor and I have been having discussions about Proverbs 11 & 18 as well as James 1 to address some of the issues around what has happened and how to deal with it going forward. I call it a time to get the head, heart, and soul back on track and centered where it belongs.

Upvote 0

Annessa3

Faith
Nov 2, 2010
Michigan
Visit site
✟8,426.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I use it daily and enjoy it. When I am away from my old fashioned home computer, tho, I don't miss it. Nor do I miss my not-so-smart phone. Those things I have for my convenience, not the convenience of others. It has been a nice way to stay in contact with far-flung friends and relatives, but none of us are super frequent posters, so it's like getting postcards once a week or so. :D
A

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bill5

Jul 30, 2011
✟63,199.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Some people like it, and some have a love/hate relationship with it. Others refuse to even be on there at all. What is your opinion on it. Do you have an account, why or why not? And do you think that you will continue to use FB in the future?
I have an account. I only have it to keep connected to nephews/friends kids etc. In practice IMO it's lame, a "oh everyone look at me" self-centered pile of drivel. Seeing recent pics of people I care about is the ONLY value. It all otherwise seems extremely childish.

Upvote 0

beaverpond

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
✟8,480.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have changed my FB Page recently to just a few family, parents of kids in our youth programs, people I go to church with, and a very few select people I went to school with. I have removed all those tied to town, county, state, and US politics as well as those at the school district level.

My wife and I have decided we are going to home school our daughter after a few years of miserable school administration that peaked at its worst this year and we decided that we are no longer going to put up with it any longer.

Upvote 0
Oct 25, 2013
Province of Ontario, Canada.
✟8,323.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I'm so obsessed with FB, I haven't been on the site for approximately three weeks! Got tired of some of the whining and negativity from both friends/aquaintaces and family members.

Like to hear when people are doing well. Also like some of the pics or vids of funny animals and people. Not violent degrading ones, some which gets passed around on Facebook.

Upvote 0