How do you deal with disappointment in life?

CognizanCe

Nov 16, 2011
✟7,613.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Hello everyone,
I'm not trying to be a downer or negative,
But how do you deal with disappointment in life?

I'm 30 with a bachelors degree in an third world country.
I went to college in the US and was so optimistic until the company I worked for went under. I had to leave the country because I had no company to get me a green card.

I've been trying so many different avenues to make money related to my field (a lot more than where I am now), IRL and online ads, but just keep getting disappointed, even though after school I continue to improve my craft and expand my skill set.

It's like I've been optimistic all my life and it's gotten me nowhere, and it takes energy to be optimistic. It's like "why try?".
This isn't a one time thing like a dead dog.

My wife keeps telling me
31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

I'm really thinking this is where I literally put all my faith and trust in God, but it's hard for someone like me with so much ambition and drive and determination, especially now that we want kids. I just think it'll be good to be financially stable first, but that hasn't happened.

Can anyone relate or offer advice from their real world experiences?

JojotheBeloved

Part of the Family
Apr 18, 2014
✟8,622.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
To quote one of my favorite songs, "That's why I pray." To be honest, I've been in a place of disappointment lately also and you are correct that it is tiring to be optimistic in the face of adversity. But in my experience thus far, it's necessary. Because depression will keep you down if you let it. I personally do not have kids, nor am I in a place in my life where I want kids right now, but my parents gave me some advice regarding financial decisions affecting the decision to have kids: My parents say not to let financial distress keep you from having kids, because there is a lot kids can learn from watching how you handle the situation and because what if the situation never changes? If you wait to have kids until you have money you may never have either. So decide what's more important to you, in that regard I guess. That's their two cents worth anyway. :) Good luck and may God walk with you always.

Upvote 0