How do we know that a person is anointed, today?

Jim Langston

Non denominational fundamentalist
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2005
Bellingham, WA
✟79,514.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If this is the case then what about
Joel 2
28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

Which Paul quotes in Act 2 reguarding the true speakimg in tongues

Acts 2
But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
17And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
18And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

Since these are the "last" days spoken of how can anyone say truthfully that they've already past? They are the last, not next to last.

So, either we are in the last days and people are prophesying or the last days are coming up and people will prophesy. In either case it shows your hypothesis is wrong.

To address your points.
1. Yes, people gave us the word either through Jesus directly (apostles) or through visions/dreams (Paul, John)

2. I see where John has said that no one is to add to the book and both of us accept this as meaning the whole bible. I do not see this as "closing the word of God" for a number of reasons, one being we are given the "Great comforter" (holy spirit) that speaks at least to our hearts. If anyone adds to the bible they are wrong and this includes the mormons among others.

3. I have no idea what this "Elijah list" is so I won't comment on it.

Your bible quote does nothing thsn talk about prophesy.

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God wants ALL of us to be saved.

This implies that some are not saved. Why?

The implication is that man's sin is greater than God ability to save man from his or her sin.

So God is not able to save all, does that mean that God is eternally frustrated that He could not save someone?

This is not a Biblical view.

Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God didn't create men like robots - programmed from the start to love and obey Him. God could have, but He didn't. God instead gave men free will. God desires for men to love and obey Him, but He doesn't force it. He really wants us to choose to obey and love Him because we want to. I give thanks every day for what Jesus Christ did for us at the Cross, and there is no greater love than the Cross. God loves us beyond our comprehension, but He will allow us to reject Him. I choose to love and obey Him because I want to. Thank you Lord.

Reactions: Jim Langston
Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
This implies that some are not saved. Why?

The implication is that man's sin is greater than God ability to save man from his or her sin.

So God is not able to save all, does that mean that God is eternally frustrated that He could not save someone?

This is not a Biblical view.

Yes it is.

All are invited to the Feast of the Lamb.

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All are invited to the Feast of the Lamb.

As in all mankind that has ever existed, no.

Romans 9:21-23 Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for dishonorable use? (22) What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, (23) in order to make known the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy, which he has prepared beforehand for glory—

As in all the elect, yes.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
As in all mankind that has ever existed, no. ...

As in all the elect, yes.

Who authorised you to add to what Scripture says, exactly?

Look again; ALL are invited. Whether they want to turn up is up to them, but ALL are invited. That is the whole point. There is only one species of people, not two.

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who authorised you to add to what Scripture says, exactly?

How did I "add to what Scripture says"? I quoted the Bible, I did not add anything to it.

Please provide the direct quote from scripture that says all mankind that has ever existed are invited, and whether they want to turn up is up to them. (This implies that man's will is sovereign over God's, by the way).

Context and Theology matters. God is sovereign, not man.

Upvote 0

nChrist

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Joh 3:16-18 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Upvote 0

Jim Langston

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2005
Bellingham, WA
✟79,514.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Good luck on that. You and I know that whosoever means anyone. Calvanists twist it into only being the elect. Calvanists twist the meaning of words so much its painfull.

Upvote 0

nChrist

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Good luck on that. You and I know that whosoever means anyone. Calvanists twist it into only being the elect. Calvanists twist the meaning of words so much its painfull.

Yes, God allows anyone to be saved. God's perfect foreknowledge of ALL doesn't hint that He forces people to accept or reject Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Signs and wonders will follow them. If they're prophets what they see/ say will come to pass...bc its God that they receive they're revelation from.
There will be healing, casting out of demons and what not...

But the anointing, depends on what spiritual gift God gives us.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah, I agree

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No, no I didn't mean it was a sign for a position in the church. But all of us who are born-again should be in full-time ministry. And that doesn't need to be in a church building. We can witness our Christ and what he has done for us anywhere.
True but also we all should know...God doesn't call everyone to travel from America to Africa witness...or standing on a platform preaching( he does call alot of people to do that according to their gift) but there are also some people who are simply just called to witness to those around them( whether at work, at home or everywhere they go) and the power of Christ is still the same and God is still working through them.

Reactions: Jim Langston
Upvote 0

Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are no more Apostles or Prophets today.

Anyone claiming to be an Apostle today is a liar, because they have not directly sat under the teaching of Jesus, and the other Apostles have not accepted that false person as an Apostle.

Anyone who claims to be a Prophet today, and claims to be speaking for God, better be making a direct quote from the Bible when they do so. Because if they claim to be a Prophet, and say something that is contradictory to scripture, or does not come true, the Bible says that they are worthy of the death penalty. God does not take lightly someone falsely representing Him.

Scripture teaches us that the Bible is sufficient, so no more Prophets are necessary.

To be more accurate, Deacons are not defined as Teachers in the Bible. That role is for Pastors or Elders. That does not mean that Deacons cannot teach, but they are not mandated by scripture to teach.

Upvote 0

Jim Langston

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2005
Bellingham, WA
✟79,514.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Let's see what the bible says about prophets in the last days. How about

Revelation 11
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

The bible says that there will be at least 2 prophets in the last days. It doesn't say these will be the only prophets. So anyone who says there will be no more prophets calls the bible a liar.

The claim there are no Apostles today i can agree with since an Apostle was a specific type of person who got their teachings direct from Jesus.

Hopefully we are all disciples of Jesus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums