✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
d4b5328b48574bc4e9a904344e4530a8.jpg
http://www.fews.net/
Ephesians 1

11.Furthermore, because we are united with Christ, we have received an inheritance from God, for he chose us in advance, and he makes everything work out according to his plan.

smithed64

To Die is gain, To Live is Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟41,497.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
It's a terrible sight to see that kind of suffering. If we think it's terrible, then God knows it's terrible. How do we consolidate it, by using those attributes that God has given us to go and obey Him to feed the poor, build homes for the homeless..etc. etc. We are guaranteed these things from God. Well so are those that hunger.
Have they heard of Christ, do they know about God.
If God has placed a burden on your soul for these people. Then you should pray and ask God if it's His will for you to do something about it.
That's the question you should ask yourself....what can I do about this Lord? Then when He leads you...you then come to others and tell them to ask the Lord what they can do about it.

Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Imagine one day in the future, the new earth. It's the first day of eternity, and you're in paradise. As you stand there, you see this radiant man walk up to you. He says "Do you have compassion?" You nod. He says "God gave that to you through me" and as he walks away, you realize he was that child in that picture, whose image cut your heart, causing a wound in you that scarred over with compassion. As you watch him walking away, a woman approaches you and asks "Do you have empathy?" You nod. She says "God gave that to you through me"; she walks away as another approaches: "Do you have grace?" "God gave that to you through me." Another approaches: "Do you hate injustice?" You nod. "God gave that to you through me"; five women approach: "Do you have love for those lesser than you?" "God gave that to you through us." "Do you have strength of spirit?" "God gave that to you through me."

And as these people stream toward you, and walk away, you realize that all of these people have something in common: they were all people you saw in painful situations in your life; situations that bruised your spirit, with compassion, situations and increased the good spirit in you. Another woman approaches; "Do you have love?" "God gave that to you through me." This was your mother.

You see, this is what this present time is all about. Giving to you what things you will have. And then there is another man who appraoches, and asks "Do you have life?" You nod. "God gave that to you through Me."

Romans 8:18

Upvote 0

Uber Genius

"Super Genius"
Aug 13, 2016
Kentucky
✟56,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
d4b5328b48574bc4e9a904344e4530a8.jpg

Ephesians 1

11.Furthermore, because we are united with Christ, we have received an inheritance from God, for he chose us in advance, and he makes everything work out according to his plan.

Simple...you've taken the verse out of context.

It is not about evil and suffering. It is about God using to complete a plan. It couldn't possibly be about suffering because he promises Christians will suffer. Remember when Peter, James and John are arguing about who will sit at his right hand in the next life, Jesus responds "it is not mine to say, but I tell you truely, you will suffer the way I suffer."

Also also he says no one is worthy unless they take up their own cross and follow him.

So we are called to a life of suffering, and to destroy evil that is the cause of suffering.

Proper exegesis will reduce these basic mistakes of taking passages out of context! Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0