Feb 26, 2006
✟15,421.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I have this annoying habit of breaking my rosaries. Is there any way to take them around with me, without breaking them?

:D

Maybe this golf tip will help...

When adjusting your grip onto your club(scratch that), Rosary bead, imagine you are holding an open tube of toothpaste. This will help ensure your grip is not too tight before beginning your swing(scratch that), Marion devotion.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

StTherese

Peace begins with a smile :)
Aug 23, 2006
✟22,733.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Maybe keep your rosary in a small case/pouch that can be found at any Catholic book store?

I reached into my pocket one day and found that mine had broken into several pieces...I went to our local catholic bookstore and purchased a small leather pouch made for rosaries...seems to be working pretty well so far!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

benedictine

No Surrender, No desertion - Whatever Happens.
Nov 1, 2003
a round blue, brown and green sphere, floating in
Visit site
✟5,307.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Where do I get a twine Rosary?

There aren't any catholic bookstores around here.

(another related question: If I buy a rosary with the intent of giving it to someone, and have it blessed first, does the blessing still have effect when I give it to them?)

Upvote 0

Markh

Extra Mariam Nulla Salus
Dec 12, 2003
London
Visit site
✟19,044.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
get a 20 cent plastic rosary with string between the beads rather than metal.

I only use these, they are great and they can go through the wash ok, rarely break, painess to sit on, make no sound and can be queezed into a very small ball in your hand.

Upvote 0

rowena

Dance Dance French Revolution
Feb 22, 2005
Hazelwood, Mo
Visit site
✟16,376.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Where do I get a twine Rosary?

There aren't any catholic bookstores around here.

(another related question: If I buy a rosary with the intent of giving it to someone, and have it blessed first, does the blessing still have effect when I give it to them?)

I couldn't find any online stores that sold knotted twine rosaries with a crucifix instead of just a plain cross, but I know you can request one from the Rosary Army (link). Also if you go here (link) and go down to the Brazilian Wood Rosary (its the 5th from the top) its made with twine instead of metal so it shouldn't break either. They've also got some of the plastic bead and string rosaries on that page that Markh mentioned.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

s_gunter

Contributor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
✟59,965.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have this annoying habit of breaking my rosaries. Is there any way to take them around with me, without breaking them?

I was going to be a smarty and say, "stop carrying them in your pockets", but I see someone already did that. :D :holy:

I use a twine rosary, and all I have to worry about is the knots unraveling from me constantly putting them into and pulling them out of my pockets.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.