How do I protect myself from the enemy in this house?

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
How do I protect myself from the enemy in this house (my mom's house as I am here till I can get my own place because my wife and I are separated and she has filed papers)? As I just told my wife who I have much better contact with now, I feel like I am constantly under siege. More so in this house than I have ever been.

I was going to invite my wife to the drive-in movies (it's what I can afford at this point in life since movies are only $5.00 and you get two movies for that price), but my mom blew up at me, then called my wife and blew up at her. My wife didn't even know what was happening because she had just gotten home from church and I never had a chance to ask her. My wife put my mom on speakerphone a couple times and my mother-in-law who is living with my wife ended up getting indigestion because of my mom's words. I could feel the hate coming off of her in waves.

My mom feels that since my wife and I are separated that is how it should be, no going to dinners together, not going to movies together, nothing. Because that is how she did things and she says that is how things are done today. My wife's aunt and her ex-husband get along really well and they do not even have any kids together. She invited him to her wedding a couple years ago when she got remarried. They are like best friends. My mom doesn't believe in that.

I don't think that I am doing anything wrong. My wife doesn't think that we're doing anything wrong. My mother-in-law thinks it's great that my wife and I have this kind of relationship.

So how do I protect myself from the constant siege that I feel is happening? I consider my mom the enemy and this house is her stronghold.

I use Bible verses to counter my mom, it does no good.

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
My heart goes out to you and your wife.....how soon will you be able to get your own place?

Not any time soon. I am already working three part-time jobs, but don't have the extra for a place of my own until I pay my parents back for the truck which might be a year or more.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Not any time soon. I am already working three part-time jobs, but don't have the extra for a place of my own until I pay my parents back for the truck which might be a year or more.

ohhh i'm soooo sorry....

can't you pay them later?

Upvote 0

Yeshuas_My_Freedom

Put your faith in charge, not your fears!
Oct 12, 2015
✟10,187.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Don't you have friends you can stay with?

Your mom isn't going to change. That leaves the out up to you.

Prayers for you.

How do I protect myself from the enemy in this house (my mom's house as I am here till I can get my own place because my wife and I are separated and she has filed papers)? As I just told my wife who I have much better contact with now, I feel like I am constantly under siege. More so in this house than I have ever been.

I was going to invite my wife to the drive-in movies (it's what I can afford at this point in life since movies are only $5.00 and you get two movies for that price), but my mom blew up at me, then called my wife and blew up at her. My wife didn't even know what was happening because she had just gotten home from church and I never had a chance to ask her. My wife put my mom on speakerphone a couple times and my mother-in-law who is living with my wife ended up getting indigestion because of my mom's words. I could feel the hate coming off of her in waves.

My mom feels that since my wife and I are separated that is how it should be, no going to dinners together, not going to movies together, nothing. Because that is how she did things and she says that is how things are done today. My wife's aunt and her ex-husband get along really well and they do not even have any kids together. She invited him to her wedding a couple years ago when she got remarried. They are like best friends. My mom doesn't believe in that.

I don't think that I am doing anything wrong. My wife doesn't think that we're doing anything wrong. My mother-in-law thinks it's great that my wife and I have this kind of relationship.

So how do I protect myself from the constant siege that I feel is happening? I consider my mom the enemy and this house is her stronghold.

I use Bible verses to counter my mom, it does no good.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Don't you have friends you can stay with?

Your mom isn't going to change. That leaves the out up to you.

Prayers for you.

Actually, no, I don't. That is one of my down falls. I I haven't made friends since I was a child because I have always put my all into my romantic relationships and never made friends.

So I have no one else to turn to.

Upvote 0

zippy2

Jul 18, 2015
Texas
✟15,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Actually, no, I don't. That is one of my down falls. I I haven't made friends since I was a child because I have always put my all into my romantic relationships and never made friends.

So I have no one else to turn to.

Is your wife still intent on getting a divorce? Or could things be worked out? A marriage is a precious thing to throw away if it can be saved, and it seems you get along well now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Is your wife still intent on getting a divorce? Or could things be worked out? A marriage is a precious thing to throw away if it can be saved, and it seems you get along well now.

She says we must go through the divorce, but is open to dating now and afterwards. She wants to start all over again with me.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Could she be waiting for you to stand up to your Mom? After all, it is your life, regardless of where you live. God bless you.

Not that I am aware of. She would tell me if that were the case.

You are correct, it is my life regardless of where I live, but as far as my mom is concerned, her house, her rules, no matter how old I am.

Upvote 0

zippy2

Jul 18, 2015
Texas
✟15,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not that I am aware of. She would tell me if that were the case.

You are correct, it is my life regardless of where I live, but as far as my mom is concerned, her house, her rules, no matter how old I am.

Her rules should apply to what you do in her house. Not your entire life. I sure will pray for you Boidae. You are in a tough situation.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Her rules should apply to what you do in her house. Not your entire life. I sure will pray for you Boidae. You are in a tough situation.

She considers me having a relationship with my wife while I am living under her roof in her house.

Thank you for the prayers!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

zippy2

Jul 18, 2015
Texas
✟15,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
She considers me having a relationship with my wife while I am living under her roof in her house.

Thank you for the prayers!
btw, if you don't mind me asking, how old are you? That could give us more insight.

Upvote 0

Yeshuas_My_Freedom

Put your faith in charge, not your fears!
Oct 12, 2015
✟10,187.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
She says we must go through the divorce, but is open to dating now and afterwards. She wants to start all over again with me.
She wants a divorce, out of the marriage, but she's open to starting over with the relationship that predates, precedes marriage; dating.

Sounds like games you can't afford to buy into.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
She wants a divorce, out of the marriage, but she's open to starting over with the relationship that predates, precedes marriage; dating.

Sounds like games you can't afford to buy into.

No, it's not games.

She wants us to do it right this time around. We were married after only nine months of knowing each other. I never asked her dad if she can marry me, nor were her family invited to the wedding.

She wants us to do all these things this time around. She wants to do things right from the start.

Upvote 0