Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Bloc
Hi. Im a new christian since december. I joinsd a baptist church of new concept called church 21. Reading here is making me realize that there are different types of Baptist Church. How do i know what mine is? What are the differences?

I grew up catholic but of non believer parents. Basically say they are Catholic and that's it. I went to church as a teen but it was mostly for choir. Ugh the rituals and the statues and the sermons guilt trip. Not for me.

I like Baptist. Politics separate from religion. Each church his own. No Episcopal. ...

Last edited:

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hmm well Apparently theres 24/7 churches.

And Ive heard of a church called C3.

But I havent heard of that before! Maybe it means any church that was planted after 2001.
No it means that they are into all the 21st century nonsense. They believe nothing really, worship man and entertain souls on their way to hell. They take no stand doctrinally, are only interested in making their church grow bigger so that they can have more power and money, they preach nothing worth hearing and just want to appeal to the "community".

They may call themselves Baptist but in reality they are nothing.

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi. Im a new christian since december. I joinsd a baptist church of new concept called church 21. Reading here is making me realize that there are different types of Baptist Church. How do i know what mine is? What are the differences?

I grew up catholic but of non believer parents. Basically say they are Catholic and that's it. I went to church as a teen but it was mostly for choir. Ugh the rituals and the statues and the sermons guilt trip. Not for me.

I like Baptist. Politics separate from religion. Each church his own. No Episcopal. ...
You need to find a true Baptist church where worship is about God not man, it is from the heart not entertainment and the preaching is Christ centered and not about how to improve yourself or giving good advise. Preaching ought to start with what the Bible says about the Person and Work of Christ Jesus the Lord, stay with what the Bible says about the Person and Work of the Lord Jesus Christ and end with the same thing. Worship is learning about Christ and giving Him thanks and praise for who He is and what He has done, where He is and what He will do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grateful-Nikki

Mar 4, 2016
Montréal Québec Canada
✟8,063.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Bloc
http://initiative22.org/category/sermon-audio/

here it is, i am absolutely not doubting the church. i really love it. I know its God that sent me there. :) It feels right. I like that eveything said is right there in the Bible. ans i am encouraged to check for myself. I was just wondering because of a thread i was reading here that there are conservative baptits, southen baptists, episcopal baptists, evangelical baptists and so on... so i was wondering what in the world is the difference.

Upvote 0

Grateful-Nikki

Mar 4, 2016
Montréal Québec Canada
✟8,063.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Bloc
No it means that they are into all the 21st century nonsense. They believe nothing really, worship man and entertain souls on their way to hell. They take no stand doctrinally, are only interested in making their church grow bigger so that they can have more power and money, they preach nothing worth hearing and just want to appeal to the "community".

They may call themselves Baptist but in reality they are nothing.

umm i had not read that. wow whata judgement. :(

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
umm i had not read that. wow whata judgement. :(
My research on the group backs up what I said. They take a poll of what the community "needs" and then, like a corporation trying to sell a product, gear their so-called worship to meet that supposed need. They are nothing more than salesmen trying to appeal to everyone with their product.

The simple and clear preaching of the Gospel is the power of God unto salvation to them that believe. I listened to a couple of your "preacher's" sermons and I found them to be very poor on the truth of the Gospel and geared toward changing the community by changing you. He may speak about Christ but he in no way is Christ centered. His messages are man centered while using the name of Christ. That is nothing but a salesman's technique.

Sorry that I can't give a rousing cheer for the church you attend. As a new believer you must find a Baptist church where the Gospel is preached and the Lord Jesus Christ lifted up. Worship isn't a time of emotionalism and concert like enthusiasm. Worship is a time when the Lord Jesus Christ is magnified by the preaching and teaching of His Word. In the preaching of the Word you are taught about the person and work of Christ and made to look to Him alone not to yourself. It is to make Him increase and you decrease. It is supposed to lift Him up and bring you down at His feet seeking His sovereign mercy. If you are not made to fall in the dust at His feet you have not heard the Word preached.

Upvote 0

Grateful-Nikki

Mar 4, 2016
Montréal Québec Canada
✟8,063.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Bloc
Ok. Well thanks for ur opinion. I dont agree with it at all. The specially if the way u judged this church is anywhere near what other churches do. Thats a sigb for me to stay away. Philippians 1:27-30 says to contend as one mind for the faith of thr gospel. Romans 14 also. For me a bad sign is exactly what u are saying, how one church is of satan or man centered :( that church has city groups where we meet once a week in a persons house to study the bible. This church has change groups where 2-3 ppl meet and profoundly study scripture. That church is a place where this new believer feels God presence in its ppl who go there. They talk after. They friend each other. A sincere care, a sincere desire to know each other, children ministry.

No, of i had gone to a church with ppl telling me what u said, i would of turned away and left. Because it's of the fruit that u see good. And judgement clearly is not a good fruit. :( but im jist a new believer. Maybe when my search gets more profound I'll want another church

Upvote 0

Grateful-Nikki

Mar 4, 2016
Montréal Québec Canada
✟8,063.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Bloc
Just forgot to add. Here in quebec we ousted the churches from our lives. No churches or even mention of religion in schools. Most ppl herr sre none religious. Churches are going bankrupt. Thats all thanks to catholic churches that were THE only way. So yeah, having a elder that is able to actually have subjects thag draw ppl in is needed. That church has mostly students, young ppl that have learned to love God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

I've found the simplest way is to make an appointment with the pastor to ask him the questions you consider are important. When I did this, I asked these questions:
  1. What kinds of outreach evangelism do you do?
  2. How many new Christians have come to this church in the last 12 months?
  3. Where can I meet them for fellowship?
  4. Who are the people in your church who visit those who attend the church? That is, who can I expect to visit my wife and me?
  5. What are the conditions for membership in this church?
  6. Is this a Calvinistic or Arminian Baptist church?
Please understand that these are my types of questions.

Oz

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
What is the diff betweem Calvinist and Arminianz

And very interrsting questions to ask. Thanks :)

Grateful-Nikki,

Here is a summary of one view of the differences between Calvinism and Arminianism. I can quibble over a few of these points, but that will give you a starter.

If you want to read more on Arminianism, see the site of the Society of Evangelical Arminians. For more information on Calvinism, see Ligonier Ministries.

To compare their doctrines of salvation see TULIP (Calvinism) vs FACTS (Arminianism).

Please feel free to ask further questions for clarification or sent me a private message and we'll discuss further.

In Christ,
Oz

Upvote 0

mikedsjr

Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Researching your link, I still don't know the specific denom, but appears to be a church plant inspired by the Act29 Network. Maybe neocalvinist with more of a heavy emphasis on leadership network church model for pastor to cast vision for direction for church, but not the same as a charismatic vision. More like church as a business in how it operates.

Upvote 0