• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

How do I know if I was molested? *trigger*

never4now

Jan 16, 2010
✟15,144.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have had no luck finding counselors or anyone for free. I looked at some info for a huge church near me but they charge $150/hr. I can't afford to really pay anything right now. I am hoping to start meeting with a woman in my church soon as a mentor but I want to also get counseling specifically for the sexual issues. I don't really know where else to look because I want Biblical counseling only.

Upvote 0

ADandT

Feb 23, 2011
✟15,111.00
Faith
Christian
My experiences have been strangely similar to yours up until around 14 I guess. I reacted differently because i'm male, but your description of your childhood sounds exactly like mine. Putting my attention towards trying to remember what happened to me never seems to get me anywhere, and I constantly flip back and forth between being sure that I was molested and wanting to do something about it, and wondering if I just imagined it or it was insignificant and not worth worrying about. I've tried to tell my dad, but he seems angry at me for bringing it up and basically causing problems. My brother was hospitalized after a breakdown, apparently he was facing these memories and became manic and then threatened suicide. The only reason I know is because they looked at his phone records and found a minute and a half conversation with a convicted rapist he spent some time alone with. My brother and I both were watched by a neighbor who used to have snack time alone in the kitchen with each the kids. I feel like if I could remember what happened I would be able to deal with it. But not knowing leaves me feeling like I have no where to go with the anger and dissapointment. I have been seeing a therapist and her perspective is helpful, but even the best advice doesn't help me understand what made me who i am

Upvote 0