how do I find a place to live off-campus?

SymphonicaX

Nov 8, 2003
San Diego, CA
Visit site
✟25,933.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am very new to living outside of my parents' apartment. I am transferring to a college 3-4 hours away and I need to find a place to move into by July.

I have the opportunity to live in a dorm, but I need space and I want my own bedroom. Some dorms offer this, but are closed during semester breaks and I just don't want the hassle of finding a place to live during the breaks and moving my stuff around.

So I want to find a room to live in that will have enough space for me to put my music equipment.

Now other than that I have no clue what steps to take to successfully find a room to live in. I've searched craigslist, but I don't know what to do to really get the room.

does anyone have any advice? How did you go about finding a room to live in? How long did it take?

Araith

Mar 4, 2005
Over There! *Points*
✟208.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm guessing you aren't around the area you will be living in right? Because I would just drive around looking and get some ad's at local stores that have places to rent in them. You can search for apartments online in the area, it is usually reliable and will show you what the place looks like. Or you could always email or call the school you will be going to and ask them if they have in suggestions or information for living off campus. Hope this helps. God Bless and good luck.

Upvote 0

SymphonicaX

Nov 8, 2003
San Diego, CA
Visit site
✟25,933.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm guessing you aren't around the area you will be living in right? Because I would just drive around looking and get some ad's at local stores that have places to rent in them. You can search for apartments online in the area, it is usually reliable and will show you what the place looks like. Or you could always email or call the school you will be going to and ask them if they have in suggestions or information for living off campus. Hope this helps. God Bless and good luck.

yeah I live about 3-4 hours away. I don't want to keep driving back and forth checking out multiple places. I am hoping I can contact a few houses and visit some or even one and get a deal.

how did you guys do it?

Upvote 0