Not open for further replies.

fields316_2000

Jan 6, 2004
✟1,680.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We had a debate last night about demon possession last night. I feel that demons will enter unsaved people through footholds in thier lives (lust, drinking drugs etc) and they stay and control the person. if someone is saved they will attack the person to discourage them but can't enter based on the holy spirit. I feel that they enter you based on what you listen to and what you watch (the eyes being what brings light or darkness to your soul) and ears a pipeline to the mind..so what is the official word on that?

Montalban

Jan 20, 2004
Sydney, NSW
✟42,787.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
What about yawning?
Volume 4, Book 54, Number 509:
Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "Yawning is from Satan and if anyone of you yawns, he should check his yawning as much as possible, for if anyone of you (during the act of yawning) should say: 'Ha', Satan will laugh at him."
CRCC: Center For Muslim-Jewish Engagement: Resources: Religious Texts

Upvote 0

cyberlizard

the electric lizard returns
Jul 5, 2007
chesterfield, UK
Visit site
✟25,055.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
what's a demon? and where do they come from? can you show where in the scriptures they appear to be created... after all the angels that fell were placed in eternal chains awaiting judgment (according to the NT) so that rules out demons as fallen angels... so what are they?

Steve

Reactions: sunlover1
Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
what's a demon? and where do they come from? can you show where in the scriptures they appear to be created... after all the angels that fell were placed in eternal chains awaiting judgment (according to the NT) so that rules out demons as fallen angels... so what are they?

Steve
Oh GREAT, we have one of those "free thinkers" in the bunch.
;)

Reactions: cyberlizard
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by cyberlizard what's a demon? and where do they come from? can you show where in the scriptures they appear to be created... after all the angels that fell were placed in eternal chains awaiting judgment (according to the NT) so that rules out demons as fallen angels... so what are they?

Steve
What about their "spirits"?
What do you make of Reve 16:14?

Matt 9:34 The yet Pharisees said "in the chief of the demons/daimoniwn <1140> he is casting out the demons/daimonia <1140>".

Reve 16:14 For they are spirits of demons doing signs which is going out on the kings of the inhabited-house/oikou-menhV <3625>, whole, to be together-assembling them into the battle of the day, of the great, of the God the Almighty.

Textus Rec.) Revelation 16:14 eisin gar pneumata daimonwn poiounta shmeia ekporeuesqai epi touV basileiV thV ghV kai thV oikoumenhV olhV sunagagein autouV eiV polemon thV hmeraV ekeinhV thV megalhV tou qeou tou pantokratoroV

1142 daimon {dah'-ee-mown} from daio (to distribute fortunes); TDNT - 2:1,137; n m/f
AV - devils 4, devil 1; 5
1) a god, a goddess 1a) an inferior deity, whether good or bad 2) in the NT, an evil spirit

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
angels don't have spirits.... angels are spirits.

i think you have just raised more questions rather than given answers (but that is nothing new).

Steve
You didn't answer my question concerning Reve 16 either

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Uphill Battle

Apr 25, 2005
✟23,416.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
they do it through this.

2232638363_52f385613a.jpg

Reactions: DD2008
Upvote 0

Uphill Battle

Apr 25, 2005
✟23,416.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
We had a debate last night about demon possession last night. I feel that demons will enter unsaved people through footholds in thier lives (lust, drinking drugs etc) and they stay and control the person. if someone is saved they will attack the person to discourage them but can't enter based on the holy spirit. I feel that they enter you based on what you listen to and what you watch (the eyes being what brings light or darkness to your soul) and ears a pipeline to the mind..so what is the official word on that?
since ever unsaved (and most saved) people have footholds in their lives, wouldn't that mean that ALL unsaved would be demon possessed, and all saved would be under constant attack?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MrPolo

Woe those who call evil good + good evil. Is 5:20
Jul 29, 2007
Visit site
✟17,196.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
the angels that fell were placed in eternal chains awaiting judgment (according to the NT) so that rules out demons as fallen angels

They are chained but God can permit an angel to roam about, for example:
1 Peter 5:8 Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
Also
Luke 10:17-18 The seventy-two returned with joy and said, "Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name." He replied, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.
It seems here that as soon as the seventy-two mention demons, Jesus equates them to Satan, an angel, having fallen. And we know he fell with the other angels.

However, as I understand, it is possible for the spirit of a hell-bound person to possess a person. So it is not necessarily either-or.

Upvote 0

Uphill Battle

Apr 25, 2005
✟23,416.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
ah! here it is... the demon posession handbook.

how it happens... lets see.....

one, sit at desk and frown, two, wait for paperwork, three, scrutinize paperwork, four, apply difficult and archaic laws to paperwork, five, audit individual to death and steal their possess.....

OH! that's the section on IRS repossession.

same author. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SecretOfFatima

Our Lady of Fatima: Song of Solomon 6:10 (NIV)
Oct 21, 2005
Visit site
✟10,438.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
When did LLOJ become a Christian seeker? Where have I been. Is this the Twilight Zone.

:)

I have many times in past tried to influence LLOJ spiritual direction but failed miserably, However GOD truly works in mysterious ways and I continue to have hope that one of this days LLOJ will come home.

Reactions: MrPolo
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
:)

I have many times in past tried to influence LLOJ spiritual direction but failed miserably, However GOD truly works in mysterious ways and I continue to have hope that one of this days LLOJ will come home.
Greetings SOF! I appreciate that.... God bless :wave::hug:

Upvote 0

Gary51

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2007
South Yorkshire, England
✟21,373.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
When did LLOJ become a Christian seeker? Where have I been. Is this the Twilight Zone.
It's better to be a seeker.... It means we have open minds and have not placed our beliefs in unmovable stone, unlike professing Christians!

I have always considered LLOJ to be a wise man. It seems he has become even wiser. Kudos to him.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.