How did they do it?

alexiscurious

Jul 13, 2014
✟15,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
How did Mormons just add whatever they wanted to the Bible and then convince millions of people to believe in it without question? Any Mormons out there? Please explain.

Yikes... I also wonder what else is going to be added onto the Bible later on in human history. How reliable will it be in the next thousand years after man keeps changing and adding to it?

This is why I prefer God to contact me directly, not through man's testimony.

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How did Mormons just add whatever they wanted to the Bible and then convince millions of people to believe in it without question? Any Mormons out there? Please explain.

Yikes... I also wonder what else is going to be added onto the Bible later on in human history. How reliable will it be in the next thousand years after man keeps changing and adding to it?

Like with any belief, it is a progression to acceptance. The correct sequence of information will result in belief. Of course, they also have charm and good character ;)

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,049.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Most of the draw to Mormonism happens when they quote the Bible or present a side of themselves that is in line with it. The Bible's teachings draw people. Unfortunately, there is much more to their faith than that.

Also, they emphasize high birth rates. That's usually a sure way to grow a religion.
How is the Bible itself any less reliable now than it was 1000 years ago?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Few thoughts....

1. What you've described is religious legalism and enslavement to that which is false. In order to see how this comes about ending in control of People, one needs to understand the making of a Cult ... that is : A Group that claims to be Christian yet denies one or more essential historic Doctrines of the Christian Faith , demands strict allegiance be given to their Teachers without doubting or asking questions, and who sets themselves up as a great Authority (which is really a Humanism ploy giving MAN the authority instead of giving it to God and his inspired Word) . We see this occurring not only in Mormonism, but a few other Christian Sects as well..and it seems the more popular and long standing the Group has been, the more likely it is to be dominant in a persons life to where they are blinded by false doctrine . Add to that family heritage in that particular Cult Sect, and you have a recipe for people being utterly captured by what sounds good . Recognizing if you are in a cult

2. The Bible itself says that there will many Groups adding their apostasy to Christianity and the Bible in the end times, so, we should expect it , decipher it, and come against it as 2 Cor. 10:5 and Col. 2:8 commands us to. Just as there are all kinds of false, superficial, destructive philosophies and ideologies presently occurring in our American Culture which we have to put up with....so we should conclude that false Christian teaching will pervade within Christendom .

3. If you have decided to stay out of a local Church Body because of this, its an error to throw the baby out with the dirty bath water. Instead, you need to be learn-ed , vigilant, and be able to recognize truth from error teaching and to make sure you are in a Christ centered community of Believers that are not cultic or legalistic . You don't need to become a Long Ranger because that is against what God wants -- he desires we all get into a healthy well balanced Evangelical Church so we can grow spiritually thru corporate worship and praise to God , help others, we ourselves get helped, we make friends, we serve the greater community around us, and we financially support the spread of the Gospel.

3.a. We need contact with God and his inspired Word of truth and as Paul directed in Acts 17:11 , to check out ALL teaching in accordance to Gods Word to see if it stands the test.

Upvote 0

Abandoned Barns