How did the son of perdition get...

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,538.44
Faith
Messianic
Which would tie in with this verse...

Daniel 7:25
And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

and given the time frame mentioned would also tie it to...

Revelation 13:5
And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

So tying the two together could we say that one of the blasphemies has to do with why he got his name... lawless one??

Upvote 0

SummaScriptura

Forever Newbie
May 30, 2007
Scam Francisco
Visit site
✟49,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Daniel 7:25
And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

and given the time frame mentioned would also tie it to...

Revelation 13:5
And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
I would also say those go quite well with John 10:33 and Reve 16. [Depends on ones view of Revelation I suppose as I view this part as already fulfilled] :)

John 10:33 Answered Him, the Judeans saying, "About a good work not we are stoning Thee but about blasphemy and that Thou, being a man, are making thyself a God".

Reve 16:11 And they blaspheme the God of the heaven out of the miseries of them, and out of the sores of them, and not they reform out of the works of them

Upvote 0

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟58,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
the name ... lawless one?

1 Tim. 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

Tis a contrast and a choice. On which side is one? Believe God or not? If not, then lawless.

Upvote 0

SummaScriptura

Forever Newbie
May 30, 2007
Scam Francisco
Visit site
✟49,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The term is a direct reference to Enoch 7:6. The term "lawless ones" is idiomatic for the races of angelic-human hybrids who corrupted the antediluvian world. Antichrist will be an angelic-human hybrid.

The Book of Enoch
I might add, I have found evidence that the term "mystery of iniquity" may also be a term used idiomatically to refer to angelic-human hybrids.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I might add, I have found evidence that the term "mystery of iniquity" may also be a term used idiomatically to refer to angelic-human hybrids.
I would assume you mean the "spirits" of lawless angelic beings entering in men.

From what I see in Reve 6:16, they don't appear to be angelic human hybrids, but, I could be wrong :wave:

Luke 23:30 "Then they shall be beginning to be saying to the Mountains 'be falling upon us' and to the Hills/bounoiV <1015> 'cover us'". [Hosea 10:8/Luke 3:5/Reve 6:16]

Reve 6:16 And they are saying to the Mountains and to the rocks "be falling on us! and hide us! from Face of the One sitting upon the Throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb-kin" [Hosea 10:8/Luke 23:30]

Upvote 0

ThomasDa

Nov 27, 2007
✟1,858.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Oh stop it. That's just one ridiculous superstition.
Angels are neither male nor female. They don't procreate with each other much less with humans.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eyzonthepriz

Feb 25, 2009
pittsburgh pa.
✟7,827.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
the name ... lawless one?
Jesus referred to Judas Iscariot as the son of perdition. We know that he looked very much like a true christian. To everyone living at that time he seemed to be the real deal, even the other 11 apostles didn't suspect anything wrong, yet the Lord said he was a devil.
In 2 Thessalonians 2:1-4 it says: 1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
Here it refers to the man of sin also as the son of perdition, so He too must look like the real deal. Most would not suspect any thing wrong with him as well. Hmmm, who could this be? History records for us the answer. The answer was common knowledge to christians before the 1800's, that is before the John Darby, C.I. Scofield lies about a "secret rapture" and an"antichrist"who rebuilds a third temple and all that. If your interested heres a sermon that will help. It skips a little here and there but is well worth listening to.
www.LetGodBeTrue.com - Free Audio Sermons

Upvote 0

SummaScriptura

Forever Newbie
May 30, 2007
Scam Francisco
Visit site
✟49,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I would assume you mean the "spirits" of lawless angelic beings entering in men.<snip>
I don't know of any scriptural examples of angels entering into humans, do you?

Upvote 0

SummaScriptura

Forever Newbie
May 30, 2007
Scam Francisco
Visit site
✟49,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Oh stop it. That's just one ridiculous superstition.
Angels are neither male nor female. They don't procreate with each other much less with humans.
Oh.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I'll just take your word for it then?

Upvote 0