How come better than Christians?

J

JacksLadder

Well, many stakes have the church's institutional system in place. This is how it works: the church requires tithes (10%) from its members to stay in good standing in the church, and that goes a long way toward supplying individual needs. Mormons may direct you (especially as a new Mormon) to their stake leaders to receive money for hardship.

Evangelical churches rarely get above 3% of their attendee's income, and you may recognize the disparity. Again, it's a works-based system. Grace-based systems can work better than this; but they really need to be based on grace -- on shedding favor on people without cause.

Most regular Christian churches I have been to want a 10% tithe if you can afford it.

Upvote 0
J

JacksLadder

I think the reason Mormons do good is so they can get into the top heaven and become like gods. I do not believe Mormons believe in hell, so they don't have too much motivation to be good, except to get a good seat in the cosmos. =/

Of course, I myself don't believe that you can get into heaven by doing good, far from that.

Jesus did say in John 10:34-35 34Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are gods’e? 35If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken—
clearrectangle.gif

Psalm 82
A psalm of Asaph.
1God presides in the great assembly;
he gives judgment among the “gods”:
2“How long will youa defend the unjust
and show partiality to the wicked? Selah
3Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless;
maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed.
4Rescue the weak and needy;
deliver them from the hand of the wicked.
5“They know nothing, they understand nothing.
They walk about in darkness;
all the foundations of the earth are shaken.
6“I said, ‘You are “gods”;
you are all sons of the Most High.’
7But you will die like mere men;
you will fall like every other ruler.”
8Rise up, O God, judge the earth,
for all the nations are your inheritance.

So Christians are (little g) gods according to Jesus and Psalms, I came to this conclusion long before I met any morman.</SPAN>

Upvote 0

heymikey80

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Most regular Christian churches I have been to want a 10&#37; tithe if you can afford it.
I've only rarely heard it discussed.

In the LDS the elders will sit down with you personally over your finances to determine how much you should give to remain a member in good standing. An authority sits there and decides what's good for you. The result averages 10%.

In evangelical churches as I've pointed out, the rate is below 3% (and that's from statics I remember from the 90's). It's even lower among mainline denominations. Barna reported that only 6% of evangelicals gave 10% or more in 2002.

Upvote 0
J

JacksLadder

In the LDS the elders will sit down with you personally over your finances to determine how much you should give to remain a member in good standing. An authority sits there and decides what's good for you. The result averages 10%.

In evangelical churches as I've pointed out, the rate is below 3% (and that's from statics I remember from the 90's). It's even lower among mainline denominations. Barna reported that only 6% of evangelicals gave 10% or more in 2002.

I remember when I got my first job , my parents sat me down and told me to set aside 10% for the church. They also have always given 10%

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

boswd

Jan 2, 2008
✟6,566.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Fellow Christians how come your average Mormon are, in general from my experience; nicer,better behaved, more honest, and more loving than your average Christian from any denomination?

that is a rather blanket statement but I do find that Mormons tend worry more about their walk in their own faith as opposed to always trying to denounce other Christians Faiths.

In my view I believe the Fundamentalist Evangelical Christians tend to be the most judgmental.

Upvote 0

Secundulus

Mar 24, 2007
✟14,425.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Christians and Mormons tithe for different reasons. Mormons tithe to remain in good standing. They have to remain in good standing to be recommended to go to the temple for certain ceremonies. They have to go to the temple for these ceremonies to achieve the highest level of heaven and to become gods themselves.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have not made up my mind yet. I know Jesus will judge us by our works... thats about it.

Geez...I hope His Grace is in there also, otherwise I'm doomed! :eek:
tulc(can't seem to do enough good for all the bad he's done) :sigh:

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Christians and Mormons tithe for different reasons. Mormons tithe to remain in good standing. They have to remain in good standing to be recommended to go to the temple for certain ceremonies. They have to go to the temple for these ceremonies to achieve the highest level of heaven and to become gods themselves.
According to John 10:34, it seems like that is what we symbolically are. Perhaps they take that literally? :confused:

http://www.christianforums.com/t7412311/
John 10:34......Are we "gods" now?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Secundulus

Mar 24, 2007
✟14,425.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
According to John 10:34, it seems like that is what we symbolically are. Perhaps they take that literally? :confused:

God the father was once a man like us. We will become Gods of our own creation like God the Father is God of this creation.

That is Mormon belief and is the reason I left Mormonism after they told me about it.

Their belief is totally foreign to either Judaism or Christianity.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
God the father was once a man like us. We will become Gods of our own creation like God the Father is God of this creation.

That is Mormon belief and is the reason I left Mormonism after they told me about it.

Their belief is totally foreign to either Judaism or Christianity.
So who cares what the religion of Judaism [or even Islam] believes?:confused:

They don't even believe Jesus was their Savior/Redeemer ;)

2 Corin 6:17 wherefore come-forth out of midst of them! and be being separated! is saying Lord
and an unclean-thing no ye be touching! and I shall be accepting ye [Isaiah 52:11, Ezekiel 20:34,41/Revelation 18:4]

Revelation 18:4 And I hear another voice out of the heaven saying "come forth! out of Her the People of Me......................

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,380.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

MAYBE, after the human/divine gvmnt. of the 1000 yr. millenium
and everything is handed over to God who is just divinity,
THEN perhaps all children will share completely in His nature.
But not before then. Certainly not now, or even in Jesus' Kingdom.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
If you ignore Judaism, i.e. the OT, then you are going to come to a false understanding of Christ and what he taught.
You are of course welcome to your view...they do not read the Jewish/Hebrew book of Revelation like we do.....:)

Reve 3:9 Behold! I-am-giving out of the synagogue/sun-agwghV <4864> of the Satan, to-the ones saying them-selves Judeans to-be and not they-are, but are false.
Behold! I shall be making them that they shall be arriving, and they shall be worshipping before the feet of thee, and they may be knowing that I love/hgaphsa <25> (5656) thee.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,380.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you ignore Judaism, i.e. the OT, then you are going to come to a false understanding of Christ and what he taught.
I agree, that's being ignorant of the background of Christ's teaching.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I agree, that's being ignorant of the background of Christ's teaching.
The Jews don't listen to Christ's teaching, as they do not believe He was their Savior/Redeemer....so what is your point?

2 Corin 3:14 But was calloused the minds of them.
For until the today, the same covering upon the reading of the Old Covenant is remaining, no being up-covered/ana-kaluptomenon <343> (5746).
That In Christ it is being-taken-away

Revelation 1:1 An uncovering/apo-kaluyiV <602> of Jesus Christ which gives to him the God to show to the bond-servants of Him which-things is binding to be becoming in swiftness and He signifies commissioning thru the Messenger of Him to the bondservants of Him John.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,380.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Jews don't listen to Christ's teaching, as they do not believe He was their Savior/Redeemer....so what is your point?

2 Corin 3:14 But was calloused the minds of them.
For until the today, the same covering upon the reading of the Old Covenant is remaining, no being up-covered/ana-kaluptomenon <343> (5746).
That In Christ it is being-taken-away

Revelation 1:1 An uncovering/apo-kaluyiV <602> of Jesus Christ which gives to him the God to show to the bond-servants of Him which-things is binding to be becoming in swiftness and He signifies commissioning thru the Messenger of Him to the bondservants of Him John.
Originally Posted by LittleLambofJesus

It's not a point of caring what they believe it's seeing the connection of Christ and His teachings. Being a samaritan in not knowing what you worship isn't worshipping in reality of the spirit of His teachings either.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by LittleLambofJesus

It's not a point of caring what they believe it's seeing the connection of Christ and His teachings. Being a samaritan in not knowing what you worship isn't worshipping in reality of the spirit of His teachings either.
The religion of Judaism was brought up by another poster. That is just as false of a religion today as is Islam in my humble view.

I personally have nothing against any religion myself, but when some people defend one religion over another, that is where I draw the line

Philip 3:2 Beware of the dogs!/kunaV <2965> beware of-the evil workers! beware of-the circumcision! [Psalm 22:16/Isaiah 56:11]

Reve 22:15 Outside the dogs/kuneV <2965> and the sorcerers and the prostituters and the muderers and the idolaters and every one being fond of and doing falseness.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,380.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The religion of Judaism was brought up by another poster. That is just as false of a religion today as is Islam in my humble view.

I personally have nothing against any religion myself, but when some people defend one religion over another, that is where I draw the line

Philip 3:2 Beware of the dogs!/kunaV <2965> beware of-the evil workers! beware of-the circumcision! [Psalm 22:16/Isaiah 56:11]

Reve 22:15 Outside the dogs/kuneV <2965> and the sorcerers and the prostituters and the muderers and the idolaters and every one being fond of and doing falseness.
It's not good to despise the roots. Even Islam has it's promises in Ishmael. The promises made to them and those to Jews are earthly, while the ones to Christians are heavenly. Equally we shouldn't confuse them, but know how to discern.

Upvote 0