Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Fellow Christians how come your average Mormon are, in general from my experience; nicer,better behaved, more honest, and more loving than your average Christian from any denomination?
I have found the JW's to be much the same way :)

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear JacksLadder. I have not met any Mormons, but I know that Jesus will not judge us by our works. Works go hand in hand with Christians, but we do them because we love Jesus, and want to show our love to Him. Jesus paid the price to God`s Holy Law, which we could not pay. ( We had moved too far away from God) Jesus reconciled us to God, Jesus died that we might live. He is our Saviour and is waiting lovingly to lead us back to God. Works are pleasing to God, and many good people do them, but they will have their rewards here on Earth. Works are good, but to stand up for Jesus, and follow Him, is what Christians do. I say this humbly and with love. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

Blackknight

Servant of God
Jan 21, 2009
Jackson, MI
Visit site
✟10,999.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
1 corinthinans 7:1 "1Now for the matters you wrote about: It is good for a man not to marry."

Yes, this statement is very often taken out of context. It does not mean that you must not marry or that being celibate is any better than being married.

Different callings, that is all. I have a family, that is my priesthood.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Here's the argument ad absurdum that kind of illustrates my point.

It is good to eat pancakes for breakfast. Therefore, you should ONLY eat pancakes and nothing else.
May I respectfully ask what that has to do with being a better Christian? :confused:

Upvote 0

BrendanMark

Apr 4, 2007
Australia
✟16,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Funny. Many Australian Mormons I know resent American Mormons missioning here (I think that's the term) and their syphoning-off funds to the Tabernacle while the LDS here is left to rot (the words of an Australian Mormon, not mine!).

Confidence tricksters are always nice. They smile while they fleece you.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, I have met many kind Mormons. In fact, in my experiences, I haven't met any "mean" Mormons. They've all been kind. I truly believe we are judged by what we know, not by what we do not, and I think there are kind people in every religion or nonreligion. We are all humans, after all, and only God knows the hearts of each individual. :)

Upvote 0

LiturgyInDMinor

Celtic Rite Old Catholic Church
Feb 20, 2009
✟7,265.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Here's the big question in regards to the OP:

Who does GOD see as his children?

A.) well behaved people with very bad doctrine?

B.) not so well behaved people but they also realize that they aren't well behaved with very orthodox doctrine and try to walk with the Lord every minute of everyday, the Truth and true discipleship so to speak?

I say B and works and behavior really are rags in the eyes of GOD anyway...so go figure.

Thanks for listening.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
F

freeport

Fellow Christians how come your average Mormon are, in general from my experience; nicer,better behaved, more honest, and more loving than your average Christian from any denomination?

Your experience is very limited.

Most people's experience is very limited.

Also, when they consider "Christian", they tend to be very selective about whom they consider to be Christian. I often see people paint all Christians as some small group they have had problems with. They forget in the Free World, they are living in majority Christian nations.

All those loving kind people they give no thought to being Christian or not? Are Christian.

Also, being a Christian is not about being a Pharisee. It is deeper then being "nice". I have met some very mean, close hearted Mormons.

I don't care if they dress night or are polite when it is clear they are seething through their teeth despite appearances.

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Apparently you have not met the Mormons I have met.

The Mormons I have met were very arrogant. They recently built one of their stakes or wards or whatever they're called two miles from my house. Whenever I would walk the four miles from my house to the bus stop to get to work I would have to pass that building.

Let me tell you, I have had a plastic bottle full of soda thrown at me and I have almost been hit about fourteen times walking to the bus stop. The drivers happened to be either pulling into or out of the parking lot. I don't care how nice the ones you've met may be, but in my area they need to learn to drive!

A friend of mine once visited a Mormon place. He called the police on them because they locked him in a room until he promised to convert. Because of them he is now a committed Atheist.

But why do some Mormons happen to "act nice" more so than some Christians? Look at their faith, it is a man-made bunch of neo-heresy that walks around as a wolf in sheep's clothing, that is why.
Forgive me, but there are some things I am very bitter about.

Upvote 0

LamorakDesGalis

Sep 22, 2004
Dallas Texas
✟11,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I don't know about your experience, but in my experience general Mormon behavior hasn't been any different than the behavior of those from other religious groups. I've met some nice Mormons but also some arrogant ones. There are active Mormons and those who are nominally Mormon. I've also known a few Mormons who were vocal about being Mormon, yet caused their loved ones pain through their drug use and affairs.

LDG

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

heymikey80

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Largely? Because their God is emphatic that their salvation depends on how they look and act.

However: I know plenty of Mormons who are not nearly the nice, clean, shiny image presented by those intent on proselytizing. Drink, unkind, abusive, deprecating to weaker family members, it's all there, just like any American family.

It's just hid so God doesn't see.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Znex

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Linguaphile
Nov 5, 2009
Sydney, NSW
✟8,115.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I think the reason Mormons do good is so they can get into the top heaven and become like gods. I do not believe Mormons believe in hell, so they don't have too much motivation to be good, except to get a good seat in the cosmos. =/

Of course, I myself don't believe that you can get into heaven by doing good, far from that.

Upvote 0
M

MamaZ

The ones I have met at work have ben the hardest workers. I have yet to have a Mormon lie to me at the work place. They seem like they are always happy. They love to help out those in need just as Christ told us to do.
Well have you ever been in need to the point you have had to go to them for help such as food or electricity or shelter?

Upvote 0

heymikey80

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well have you ever been in need to the point you have had to go to them for help such as food or electricity or shelter?
Well, many stakes have the church's institutional system in place. This is how it works: the church requires tithes (10%) from its members to stay in good standing in the church, and that goes a long way toward supplying individual needs. Mormons may direct you (especially as a new Mormon) to their stake leaders to receive money for hardship.

Evangelical churches rarely get above 3% of their attendee's income, and you may recognize the disparity. Again, it's a works-based system. Grace-based systems can work better than this; but they really need to be based on grace -- on shedding favor on people without cause.

Upvote 0
J

JacksLadder

No but I have seen them help out friends such as one who was kicked out of his apartment. I went over to help him move and 8 local Mormans had stopped by to help him out and they did not preach the entire time they just helped out.

Upvote 0