How can the grace of God be resisted by some yet received by others?

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Another question 'How do you explain the verse where God tells us that He knew us before we were?"

God is obviously referring to His Omniscience. The fact that past, present and future are all known to God. God is not under 'time' as time is known by us.
bump

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Wow, it's been awhile since I've read the universalists handbook. Your comments are textbook. Unfortunately for you they are also not biblically sound.
How does it feel to be a false teacher. I'm sure you can share that feeling with us.

That's straight from 2 Peter 2:1 (ESV). It is not a universalist view, but is a synergistic view, which you reject.

My views are biblically sound, as I've shown from Scripture. You are ignoring what I wrote.

Oz

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Isn't it great that God knows us from eternity past to eternity future? Since this is true, it is good to know that God already made his choice regarding his children. Thanks for the bump.
Try to answer it this time. :doh:

Reactions: OzSpen
Upvote 0

MennoSota

Sola Gratia
Dec 11, 2015
US
✟22,574.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
That's straight from 2 Peter 2:1 (ESV). It is not a universalist view, but is a synergistic view, which you reject.

My views are profoundly biblical sound, as I've shown from Scripture. You are ignoring what I wrote.

Oz
You have been shown to be wrong. You have ignored Romans 9, Ephesians 1 and Ephesians 2. You ignore the fact that Peter called the readers of his epistle, chosen. You repeatedly ignore the Bible and then cling to one sentence in one verse for your entire theological premise. Add to this that your views have been thoroughly rejected over the past 2000 years and it comes up to a grand total of false teaching on your part.
If you wish to hold to your false teaching then so be it. Just don't say you have a biblical leg to stand on.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Preach Oz!
1 John 2:2 (ESV),
'He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world'
So I ask again (most likely to be wished away), if God's wrath is satisfied against the whole world, who goes to hell and why? It's obviously not for sin in your view.

Reactions: MennoSota
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
When a Calvinistic evangelist doesn't share what he/she really believes about whether you can be saved, I find that to be dishonest.
And you've experienced that when?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I'm not an Open Theist. Yes, God created people whom he knew (in his foreknowledge) would end up in hell. But he didn't send them there through double-predestination.

Where does Scripture teach that heaven and hell have fixed numbers?

Oz
Oz, unless you're an open theist, you believe that God knows all things, which means He knows how many people will be in heaven and hell. Since He knows it, it's fixed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
This is bunk! We've shown you how Calvinists redefine 'all', 'any', 'whosoever', but you're not listenening.

Calvinists also distort the meaning of 'world'. See my articles,
Oz
Calvinists don't redefine words. The fact that you tote this lie gives evidence to desperation in a futile attempt to disprove Calvinism. What Calvinists do is examine the context of the words and use the correct definition (a lot of words have multiple definitions).

I won't read any more of your blogs because you've publicly lied about me, yet don't allow comments from others to challenge the lies.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Another question 'How do you explain the verse where God tells us that He knew us before we were?"

God is obviously referring to His Omniscience. The fact that past, present and future are all known to God. God is not under 'time' as time is known by us.
Bump.

What verse?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Well, that's not entirely true. People can choose from a plethora of false gods. They just can't choose the one true God. The Sovereign King of Creation.
But even then, they won't chose one they think is false. Whatever they choose, they believe it to be true.

Reactions: MennoSota
Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,598.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You wrote:
God is both inside of time as we experience it and outside of time as we experience it.

Do you experience life outside of time?
No.

But God is inside of time as we experience it and outside of time as we experience it.
Just as I said.

I did not say that I experienced anything outside of time.

I said that God experienced things outside of the way I experience time.

The reason that I used the term "as we experience it is because God does indeed have a concept of time outside of the space/time continuum.

There is an element of time in Heaven where God has His throne as evidenced by the events that happen one after another from music to flying to and fro.

There is also an element of time in God's experience of eternity in that He promised to do things that are yet to happen - and He did that before the creation of space/time.

Upvote 0