How can I bless my friend?

ciaomamma

Oct 28, 2012
✟7,692.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
She is a single mother working full time and has one child, she is doing great in that she has a home a good stable full time job but struggles with everyday life. Her child is little and is in daycare full time, she has not time to socialize and feels like she doesn't have enough time with her child. She struggles to get everything done and is feeling rundown.
I want to do something for her but I don't want to offend her and I don't have a lot of money to spend.
I am a sahm so really I'm in the opposite boat I have time.
I was thinking about making her some meals that she can just go to when she comes home from work... any ideas :) thank you!

ShadowsChild

Victorious NOT Victim
Nov 22, 2010
Alberta, Canada
✟8,916.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think some freeze and go meals for her and little one would be great!
It's one less thing that she has to worry about AND instead of having to worry about making a healthy dinner, she can spend those extra few moments with her little one.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,345.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The question is do you have time and just how free is your time?

The ideal would be you having a child the same age. Then an offer of 'I can watch both of them' while still having the same value to her seems less of an imagined imposition.

In any case if she has little time to socialize and I'm assuming isn't rolling in money an offer to babysit so she can occasionally have a night out might be golden.

If you can get free on a moments notice then the offer to pick her child up from daycare if needed and babysit for a couple of hours sometime could be beyond golden. The worry of looking bad at work because you have to pick up the kid or even a comparatively good situation where you can pick the kid up and have somewhere to leave them, but have to spend an extra half hour each way from work and then back to the office to work late can wear even if it only occurs rarely.

But whatever you do on that do not over promise.

And you might consider what seems to have faded from modern society, you could ask her what would help the most.

Upvote 0

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree asking is generally the best way. Perhaps make it clear that you are genuinely asking and really want to know. Or in other words don't ask and then act put out if you don't like the answer.

For me a night out is good as it can be rare. So planning for a night out where either you babysit or someone else does and you go out with them somewhere.

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Meals, babysitting, just being there to chat are always helpful. Solo parenting is not easy with no one to share duties, responsibilities and information with. Never underestimate what simple contributions can mean to a busy solo mum. Jesus taught that even a cup of water can have significance.

John
NZ

Upvote 0

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
She probably could use a day care look into getting certified if she is in any sort of government program they could pay you for the service you provide her. If you live close by that would probably help her out a lot

Upvote 0