• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

How can I believe?

crimson_dragon

Apr 26, 2004
England
Visit site
✟15,820.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Hey every 1

Im finding it hard 2 believe in God @ the moment. Ive been having problems and Im finding it hard 2 trust God.
My faith used 2 b so strong but now I'm not so sure God is listening 2 me when I tell him my troubles.
Does any 1 have any advice on how to trust God again?

crossrunner

Serving the Lord joyfully since 1981!
Aug 8, 2004
Raleigh, North Carolina
✟24,117.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I find when my faith gets weak that spending time in God's Word (and by that I mean lots of time) helps. Faith comes by hearing the Word of God. Also spend time in prayer and don't depend on your feelings. Just talk to God. He wants to hear from you.

Upvote 0

Godsgirl481

The Dark Wolf
Jul 13, 2004
✟13,187.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
crimson_dragon said:
Hey every 1

Im finding it hard 2 believe in God @ the moment. Ive been having problems and Im finding it hard 2 trust God.
My faith used 2 b so strong but now I'm not so sure God is listening 2 me when I tell him my troubles.
I don't seem to find it hard to actuallt believe God exsists....but I can't seem to trust him...with anything :(

Upvote 0

VivDaGurl

Veteran
Aug 18, 2004
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
✟2,312.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
crimson_dragon said:

Personally, I also realised that it's very difficult to trust the Lord especially when I'm really, really down and having problems. Pain draw me far away from the Lord and I just don't have faith in the Lord. It's very, very difficult. I have a group of people whom I trusted and able to share my problems with. This group of people lifted me up in prayer and also had encouraged me to stand up.

crossrunner said:
Faith comes by hearing the Word of God. Also spend time in prayer and don't depend on your feelings. Just talk to God. He wants to hear from you.

I agree with crossrunner that in times like this, we should read more of His Word. It's ok that the first few times, nothing seems to work but just read it. On top of that, I will play some worship songs when I'm really, really down to lift my spirit up. Don Moen produces good collection of songs to bring a person up.

Take a step a time...don't push yourself so hard. You can PM me if you want someone to talk to. :hug:

Upvote 0

Christ's Minister

Aug 18, 2004
HAWAII
✟287.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You didn't state why you have lost your trust in God.That's where getting help for yourself has to start,figuring out that your lack of trust is not justified.The problem is obviously in you,not God,so you just need to figure out what has gone wrong.If you do not want to share what caused you to lose your trust on this website,then it's very important to talk to a minister about it.

Usually people lose trust in God because of unanswered prayer.A competent minister can explain to you why some prayers are not answered.Some of the common reasons are lack of faith,improperly worded prayers,prayers said with anger or unforgiveness towards others,,prayer requests that violate God's will and sometimes even biblical teachings, prayer requests that ask God to take away another person's free will and of course not giving God ample time to respond to prayers.

A minister can help you come up with a properly word prayer that God will respond to in order to restore your trust.Give some thought to an unselfish prayer request that is clearly in God's will so that none of the problems mentioned above will be present,especially the lack of faith problem which can be overcome if you greatly increase your spiritual activities which in turn will increase your faith so that you become certain that God will answer your unselfish trust-building prayer.

Upvote 0

NJA

Jan 9, 2004
Near London
Visit site
✟48,657.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"How shall we sing The Lord's song in a strange land ?"
God sent someone to call Israel out of Egypt so they could worship him as *He* wanted.

I'm here to tell u to that u have problems cos u r still in the land of slavery until u get baptised in water and Spirit:-
Acts 2:4: And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance . .
37: Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38: Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39: For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Upvote 0

TheMainException

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2004
In my universe
✟19,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
We go through many cycles like this...get into your Bible...that may be hard, but you are asking for advice and now I'm giving it...start to pray more....and please, PM me if you need to talk some more about anything...I have felt alone and without faith plenty of times.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums