How are you today?

RKO

Oct 27, 2011
✟41,071.00
Faith
Catholic
Being Catholic, I often don't have anything to comment on posts here, but I miss talking to my friends. so I thought I'd just ask how everybody is today.
How are you? Everything good?

I'm good. My daughter who you may remember lives in Calcutta, came home for the summer but has gone back. :(

I was able to spoil the daylights out of her for two months though, and I hope to have her home permanently this summer.
Also, we are putting my mother in an assisted living facility tomorrow, so you may offer a prayer for her to get accustomed and settle in there.

I hope all is well, and I hope to hear from you on this thread!

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The weather here is absolutely glorious. I adore autumn here. Warm sunshine, cool breezes, flowers still blooming. I hope it stays for a while. It often does. :) Most days I just have the doors and windows open all day. I love it.

I over-did working at Church on Saturday and Sunday (GreekFest coming up) and I guess I got a relapse of the flu or whatever it is. So I'm keeping my life boringly calm, trying to rest, because I'm supposed to work all three days this weekend and I don't want to let them down, or be grumpy and present the Church in a bad light or anything.

And it's too quiet at my house sometimes. I've not spent much of my life living alone. My husband is working in another state. My daughter started university and has a job, so sometimes I barely lay eyes on her for days at a stretch. But it does make it easy to rest, since I don't have anyone else to worry about.

As soon as I feel better, I want to finish off my back porch - which really just means repotting a few plants and making a table for out there. I want to be able to have dinners on the porch with candles in the evening.

And this weekend, I should get my fill of people, and will probably be wishing for some quiet down-time, so I might as well enjoy that now too. :)

Upvote 0

RKO

Oct 27, 2011
✟41,071.00
Faith
Catholic
Kylissa, you have plenty to do, but you sure do live in a beautiful place! Love the state and consider it my second home. Just wish I could afford one!

Matt, I am very excited for you. Will be praying for a holy and fulfilling seminary experience for you. Hope you get back to KY someday. Drop by St Michael's in louisville. I'll pray the liturgy with you and we'll have coffee!

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like you have a lot going on too, RKO. I hope you get your daughter back permanently soon. My daughter wanted to join the Marines (gasp!) and I would have had a hard time thinking of her being overseas. But they all grow up and begin their own lives sooner or later, don't they? Having to move your mother must also be a big change for your family. Y'all are in my prayers.

We all need prayers, all the time, don't we?

And I'm pleased every time I see Matt's reference to going to seminary. I think you'll be awesome, Matt. :)

(Great thread, RKO!)

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,455,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Matt, I am very excited for you. Will be praying for a holy and fulfilling seminary experience for you. Hope you get back to KY someday. Drop by St Michael's in louisville. I'll pray the liturgy with you and we'll have coffee!

you're on!

And I'm pleased every time I see Matt's reference to going to seminary. I think you'll be awesome, Matt.

haha, thanks sis! I only have you fooled. as jckstraw pointed out, I am quite the dunce

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,455,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well, hey, I'm not quite the easiest person to fool! (Though I do tend to give a lot of benefit of the doubt.) Maybe the practice you've had with me will help you fool wiser minds than mine. ;)

mmmmmaaaaaaaayyyyyybbbbbbeeeeeee...........

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Antony in Tx

a sinner
Dec 25, 2009
Texas
✟25,340.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
RKO, the last two years have been a whirlwind for me and my family. I've married, adopted a baby girl, and moved into a new house. We're now trying to adopt yet another child. I find myself questioning my sanity for taking all of this on willingly, but then I see my daughter smile and my wife hugs me and I know that God is blessing me in great bounty.

Matt - I've been here long enough to tell you that your humility and patience in getting to this point are strong indicators that you will be a great cleric who will help to heal many souls and bring many closer to Him. My prayers will be with you as you embark on this next part of your journey.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,455,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Matt - I've been here long enough to tell you that your humility and patience in getting to this point are strong indicators that you will be a great cleric who will help to heal many souls and bring many closer to Him. My prayers will be with you as you embark on this next part of your journey.

got you fooled too, bwah ha ha ha ha (in all seriousness, thank you)!

Upvote 0