¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 19, 2015
UK
✟21,720.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hot tubs come up on Come Dine With Me fairly frequently, everyone appears to have an awkwardly fun time.

I am always willing to give something a go once, who knows, perhaps I'll see the appeal...

It's just another way of getting to know someone, through swimsuits, warm water and a lack of personal space. Perfect.

Upvote 0

JaapAap

Aug 16, 2015
Arnhem, Holland
✟1,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hot tubes, spent the whole week there at the holiday park. You have couples who go sit there romantically and then me and my kids come. LOOK MOM WHAT I CAN DO!! BEM!! SPLASH. Hahahahahahaha, he was splashing so much that it came in someone's face. I decided it was better to leave those people in peace and go to the big swimming pool again. It was funny later when some people got out and all those kids attracted each other. There was one hot tube with quietly sitting adults and one with jumping kids.
Lol there were a lot of parents with kids since it was a kids park. One boy just walked behind me to get in and fell half on my head. Funny.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

redblue22

You Are Special.
Jan 13, 2012
✟73,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hot tubs come up on Come Dine With Me fairly frequently, everyone appears to have an awkwardly fun time.

I am always willing to give something a go once, who knows, perhaps I'll see the appeal...

It's just another way of getting to know someone, through swimsuits, warm water and a lack of personal space. Perfect.

Yes, friends from church, seeing a new side of each other, bikinis, hot jets of water, touching, conversation, music, beer . . .

I was thinking that the church baptism tub could be converted.

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hot tubs are stuff. We played this game in high school, during winter, where we would all be in the hot tub and play paper, rock, scissors. You played until you won, and the ultimate loser had to get out of the hot tub and take a dip in the pool. If you did lose the last game, you did not play the next round.

Last edited:
Reactions: Poor Beggar
Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
my buddy and his wife have a hot tub

everytime they have a party or BBQ people normally end up in the hot tub

sometimes people just forget the swimsuit and get in in their underwear...
sometimes they forget the underwear....
my friend has some really crazy BBQ's

Upvote 0

KitKatMatt

stupid bleeding heart feminist liberal
May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Depends, where is the hot tub located and who owns it?

Public hot tub? Absolutely not, that's disgusting.
Hotel hot tub? ^ See above.
Private hot tub? Depends on who owns it and how often/well they do the cleaning.

If it's a clean, private hot tub, then I'd be fine with it.

Upvote 0

JaapAap

Aug 16, 2015
Arnhem, Holland
✟1,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Private hot tub? Depends on who owns it and how often/well they do the cleaning.

Disgusting? They have one in every swimming pool. Maybe the kids pee in it but what do I care. It gets fresh water.
Centerparcs%20Les%20Hauts%20de%20Bruyeres%202011%20(51).JPG

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Disgusting? They have one in every swimming pool. Maybe the kids pee in it but what do I care. It gets fresh water.
Centerparcs%20Les%20Hauts%20de%20Bruyeres%202011%20(51).JPG

umm...no it doesn't get fresh water. I used to have to monitor the chemical levels in the pool and hot tub at a health club....

Reactions: JaapAap
Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status

How do you know if it is "clean"? just looking at the quality of the water?

I will enjoy a hot tub occasionally...but there is no way I'd get in a crowded one...to many germs thriving in the warm temperatures...

Upvote 0

KitKatMatt

May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I don't go for public pools, either, for the same reasons I don't go for public hot tubs.

Kids tend to catch a lot of illnesses, and one of these that goes through schools often is norovirus. This is the "stomach flu". It can live in chlorinated pool water for days, meaning a trip to the pool could potentially end up with you hugging your toilet for a couple of days.

That's only one of many diseases that can be caught by swimming in pool water that has been infected by kids or adults swimming around while sick, or while "feeling fine" right after a bout of illness when they're still contagious and don't realize it (see image below). Many of those illnesses are diarrhea related, and are spread because people (I see this a lot with kids) with active diarrhea or are recovering from an episode of diarrhea decide to go swimming. Even if no one straight up poops in the water, it can still be spread by residue or from leakage that isn't registered by the person.

If+there+is+a+sign+for+it+it+must+have_7f9da3_4994809.jpg

I avoid public pools and hot tubs because I don't want to get sick. I've seen enough people use the pool at the place I work while actively sick (one actually actively bleeding from a wound as well) that has completely turned me off of ever using a pool that I don't know a lot about and trust.

Big post for this simple thread because this is actually a serious issue. I'm on immunosuppressive medication, so I have to constantly evaluate my risks of going places and engaging in activities. I know many people that are even worse off in terms of immunosuppression than I am, and people need to know that by doing certain things (like letting their kids swim after they were throwing up all day yesterday, which I have seen happen too many times in my own family) they are putting others at serious risk.

Upvote 0

KitKatMatt

May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
How do you know if it is "clean"? just looking at the quality of the water?

I will enjoy a hot tub occasionally...but there is no way I'd get in a crowded one...to many germs thriving in the warm temperatures...

No, looking at the water doesn't tell me what I need to know (although it can tell some things). I need to know and trust the person who does the upkeep, and known that they do it properly and often. Also I would like to know when was the last time it was used, and by who.

It may seem overly picky, but I try very hard to keep from getting sick.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
As for a well kept swimming pool, I strongly believe the benefits of swimming for the body outweigh the risk of contracting a chlorine tolerant illness. Most bacteria and viruses are killed in a properly chlorinated pool. Everything we do is a risk vs benefit decision.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KitKatMatt

May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
As for a well kept swimming pool, I strongly believe the benefits of swimming for the body outweigh the risk of contracting a chlorine tolerant illness. Most bacteria and viruses are killed in a properly chlorinated pool. Everything we do is a risk vs benefit decision.

I live in a house with a private pool. I'm happy to swim in it, as long as no one came and had a pool party in the last few days.

Public pools, however, are too big of a risk to me. Humans can be really, really gross and many don't think about their actions or how they will impact others.

Upvote 0

Poor Beggar

Everything is everywhere.
Aug 21, 2015
Arizona
✟9,600.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yeah, who doesn't like hot tubs?

Reactions: TheoNewstoss
Upvote 0