Yem yem x
Apr 21, 2015
London
✟8,342.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
  1. Hi guys I've been really struggling with unwanted blasphemous thoughts about God and it is making me so unhappy. I try so hard to ignore these thoughts but I feel like God is forcing me to confess and I really don't want too because it's very frustrating. For example if I'm eating or listening to music I will have to stop what I'm doing and go and confess. For
    Some reason it makes me so mad at God because I also have horrible death thoughts and horrible thoughts about harm so I feel like if it don't count mess God is going to punish me and make it come true or make it be "part of his will" I'm so angry with great God sometimes and I know it's not right. I feel like I have no relationship with him and I blame him for every frustrating thing that happens or has happend in my life. I feel like I'm restricted when it comes to music like when I listening to music I will get an unwanted blasphemous thought like calling god "stupid" or "serpent" because I feel so guilty for listening to the music with swear words or sexual lyrics.I just feel guilty and it makes me so upset and angry with God even more. I've really thought at one point that God was ruining my life because when I sin and feel guilty I have thoughts horrible thoughts of God threatening me with death thoughts and saying he will punish me if I don't stop which makes me angry with God and then I have the unswayed blasphemous thoughts. I have a lot of anxiety and
    I have this fear that god will kill me or
    Let something horrible happen to me and makes me angry at him and when in angry I feel he will
    Make it happen. I feel like I have no peace and I can't do anything because Its "sin" and also the unwanted thoughts cause me frustration. Please someone help me I don't know why I'm so angry with God I
    Really hate confessing because it causes me frustrating and puts me off praying. I also
    Fantasise about being someone else and I
    Don't know I do this, I think very sexually about being beautiful people and I know
    It's wrong. Is imagining to be someone else wrong
    Someone really beautiful? I'm happy with the I look but injudt really enjoy it and I think it's weird. Music helps to bring these imaginations to life and thats when I get the unwanted blasphemous thoughts which make me angry because I feel guilty and feel
    Like I must confess I really really hate confessing it makes me frustrated. Please please help me someone..:help:

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi; good to see you; God bless His Word to you.

For those who love and trust the Lord Jesus, who died at the Cross to cleanse us from our sins, He provided His Word to have a cleansing effect to our minds, as we read it day by day, and experience what Ephesians calls 'the washing of water by the word' (Ephesians 5). This is why a daily Bible reading habit is such a profitable and essential thing.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
  1. Hi guys I've been really struggling with unwanted blasphemous thoughts about God and it is making me so unhappy. I try so hard to ignore these thoughts but I feel like God is forcing me to confess and I really don't want too because it's very frustrating. For example if I'm eating or listening to music I will have to stop what I'm doing and go and confess. For
    Some reason it makes me so mad at God because I also have horrible death thoughts and horrible thoughts about harm so I feel like if it don't count mess God is going to punish me and make it come true or make it be "part of his will" I'm so angry with great God sometimes and I know it's not right. I feel like I have no relationship with him and I blame him for every frustrating thing that happens or has happend in my life. I feel like I'm restricted when it comes to music like when I listening to music I will get an unwanted blasphemous thought like calling god "stupid" or "serpent" because I feel so guilty for listening to the music with swear words or sexual lyrics.I just feel guilty and it makes me so upset and angry with God even more. I've really thought at one point that God was ruining my life because when I sin and feel guilty I have thoughts horrible thoughts of God threatening me with death thoughts and saying he will punish me if I don't stop which makes me angry with God and then I have the unswayed blasphemous thoughts. I have a lot of anxiety and
    Let something horrible happen to me and makes me angry at him and when in angry I feel he will
    Make it happen. I feel like I have no peace and I can't do anything because Its "sin" and also the unwanted thoughts cause me frustration. Please someone help me I don't know why I'm so angry with God I
    Really hate confessing because it causes me frustrating and puts me off praying. I also
    Don't know I do this, I think very sexually about being beautiful people and I know
    Someone really beautiful? I'm happy with the I look but injudt really enjoy it and I think it's weird. Music helps to bring these imaginations to life and thats when I get the unwanted blasphemous thoughts which make me angry because I feel guilty and feel
    Like I must confess I really really hate confessing it makes me frustrated. Please please help me someone..:help:
Not to be blunt, but maybe it's time to acknowledge your 'human wickedness'.
The 'legalistic approach' doesn't work, because it has us thinking we can change ourselves.
(but maybe i'm wrong)

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What is "human wickedness" I'm
Confused @Hieronymus
It's our sinful nature, the thoughts of power, sex and violence, our human passions, and wanting to be our own master and if possible master over others.
The things you say you have problems with are based on these characteristics of the human psyche.
(i think)

Upvote 0

Victoryismine

Yem yem x
Apr 21, 2015
London
✟8,342.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I don't know how to stop. I don't think the unwanted blasphemous thoughts and the anxiety I have is because of sin. I just want reassurance that God cares for me and loves me because I gave horrible fears that God will kill me or harm me. I'm a teen girl and I'm worried constantly. I just need help I want God to love me I am struggling with sin and the unwanted intrusive thoughts are horrible.

Upvote 0

Victoryismine

Yem yem x
Apr 21, 2015
London
✟8,342.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I don't know how to stop. I don't think the unwanted blasphemous thoughts and the anxiety I have is because of sin. I just want reassurance that God cares for me and loves me because I gave horrible fears that God will kill me or harm me. I'm a teen girl and I'm worried constantly. I just need help I want God to love me I am struggling with sin and the unwanted intrusive thoughts are horrible.[/QUOTE]
@Hieronymus

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know how to stop. I don't think the unwanted blasphemous thoughts and the anxiety I have is because of sin. I just want reassurance that God cares for me and loves me because I gave horrible fears that God will kill me or harm me. I'm a teen girl and I'm worried constantly. I just need help I want God to love me I am struggling with sin and the unwanted intrusive thoughts are horrible.
But He DOES love you. :)
He died on the cross for you.
It is you that has the Love deficit, like we ALL do.
God doesn't promise us a carefree life in the flesh.
He promises us the Ultimate Destination.

Your having problems with your unholiness is a sign of repentance !

And if you have phases of hating God, He can handle it.
God is not a sissy.
You can't hide it from Him anyway.

I have my moments of hating God too, but it improves along the road God has put me on.
I have called Him names, i have cussed at Him, i have 'left Him' for more than a year.
But HE is faithful !

John 3:16

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dear @faroukfarouk I
Feel like
I don't feel like I engage in the word and I feel
Like I'm
Not bovered to read the word which is bad I know please help
Me
I have bad thoughts and sinful ones and I'm afraid gods going to punish me
John 3.16 tells us a lot about the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, Who died at the Cross instead of sinners: "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Reactions: amariselle
Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi Victory; welcome to CF; may God direct your path here and in the world and heal your doubtful mind in His Son Jesus' name;

upload_2016-4-17_1-49-15.jpeg

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hello, and welcome to CF!

It is actually quite normal to have thoughts come to us - in fact if they come from outside ourselves they aren't even "sin" just by coming into our heads. It is only when we start to think about them and enjoy them and such that we need to ask forgiveness. But we are taught instead to just let those thoughts fly overhead like planes we don't allow to land, and to not bother interacting with them.

You might get some help from listening to a teaching by Fr. Thomas Hopko on this that has helped many people. It is called Our Thoughts, Feelings, and Memories. There might be some things in it that might not make sense to you because it is written for Orthodox Christians, but if you need help understanding anything, stop by TAW (The Ancient Way) and ask questions.

And God is looking to hunt you down and punish you. He loves you, and understands whatever is going on with you better than you do. He is there to help you deal with it and be restored and made healthy in body, soul, and spirit. That is His desire, not to harm or punish you.

Again, welcome to CF! I pray you are blessed to be here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So God does not want to harm me or punish me? Thank you so much God bless
No, He absolutely does not. He wants to save and heal you. We get some strange ideas about God, mostly from medieval age fiction and misinterpretations of Scripture. Christ Himself died so that the curse of death you were born under could be abolished (the curse is why our bodies die). Christ died just so that could be broken, so that YOU can share in the resurrection and live forever. Does that sound like the actions of someone who is looking to hurt or punish you?

God bless you too. Seriously, listen to the podcast I sent if you want to. I think it might help. :)

Reactions: amariselle
Upvote 0