Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The 2 PhDs who conducted the study contradict you. Where did you get you PhD and when did you review their study and findings??
My proof is that one study does not sustain substantial evidence in all scenarios. Your claim is that it is NOT genetic, which means YOU have the burden to prove that in all cases, and all situations it isn't genetic.

The heavier burden is on YOU to prove that it isn't genetic at ALL...

Upvote 0

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Thanks for hijacking the thread. :( I specifically asked that this thread NOT become another homosexual "is too/is not" debate. There are way too many of those threads already.

I asked a simple question, why wont you answer it?
I'm sorry, what is your question? What I consider myself? I used to consider myself bisexual, and now I consider myself gay/homosexual. I am very happy, and completely out of the closet. BEST decision I ever made, and I have the support of all my Christian family and friends.

Upvote 0
D

DMagoh

Thanks for hijacking the thread. :( I specifically asked that this thread NOT become another homosexual "is too/is not" debate. There are way too many of those threads already.

I'm sorry, what is your question? What I consider myself? I used to consider myself bisexual, and now I consider myself gay/homosexual. I am very happy, and completely out of the closet. BEST decision I ever made, and I have the support of all my Christian family and friends.

No, that was NOT the question. I asked the question of all homosexuals, bisexuals, or anyone else who had ever had same sex attraction....

When you were entering puberty, how did you view yourself in comparison to your peers? I'm genuinely curious, how did you view yourself in relation to your peers growing up? Did you feel inferior? Did you view yourself negatively in comparison?

Why are you avoiding the REAL question of the OP?

Upvote 0

IamRedeemed

Blessed are the pure in Heart, they shall see God.
May 18, 2007
Visit site
✟24,764.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Correction. YOU are the ones who refuse to listen to the counsel of God on the matter, going as far as to twist the Word of God in a feeble attempt to change it, (AS IF that were possible for any of us to do and not be damned) if not completely ignore it or ditch the entire Bible in some of the cases here and assert that "He made you that way" or that "You were born that way." and you want the entire world to also ignore God's Word and accept your warped theory as truth.

So either way the burden of proof is actually on YOU to prove it IS genetic.

(sorry to DMagoh)

My proof is that one study does not sustain substantial evidence in all scenarios. Your claim is that it is NOT genetic, which means YOU have the burden to prove that in all cases, and all situations it isn't genetic.

The heavier burden is on YOU to prove that it isn't genetic at ALL...

Upvote 0

ReformedChapin

Chapin = Guatemalan
Apr 29, 2005
✟18,338.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Correction. YOU are the ones who refuse to listen to the counsel of God on the matter, going as far as to twist the Word of God in a feeble attempt to change it, (AS IF that were possible for any of us to do and not be damned) if not completely ignore it or ditch the entire Bible in some of the cases here and assert that "He made you that way" or that "You were born that way." and you want the entire world to also ignore God's Word and accept your warped theory as truth.

So either way the burden of proof is actually on YOU to prove it IS genetic.

(sorry to DMagoh)
:amen:

That's beside the fact that you cannot prove a negative. So we don't have th prove that homosexuality is NOT genetic.

Upvote 0

jojored

Jun 22, 2007
✟7,632.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm a newbie...and this is my topic as I am a gay man and identify myself as such, so everyone will know where I'm coming from.

Maybe that's why my "health" rating is so low.

I am now 53 years old and looking back I knew that I was "different" at the age of 4. I had not been molested, didn't have an overbearing mother, etc. For many years I struggled with being gay as a "phase" I was going through. It wasn't until I was 23 that when I accepted myself for who and what I was that I found a peace of mind. At 29 I meet a wonderful man, 11 years my senior, and we had 20 great years together until he passed away in 2002.

How did I come to terms with being gay and a Christian? I started reading the Bible instead of letting someone tell me what it said.

I always recommend reading Samuel I beginning with chapter 18 through Samuel II: chapter I verse 26. Do not focus on the relationship between David and Saul, but on David and Jonathan (son of Saul). This is the greatest love story never talked about.

And then when it comes to the question of "WWJD" (What Would Jesus Do?) I found Matthew: chapter 19 and look closely at verses 10 through 12.

Although Jesus speaks of eunuchs in these verses, a study of history for this period indicates that there was no such word for homosexuals and eunuch was a term used for all men who did not have sex with women.
Some believe, as I do, that the reference "...who were born thus from their mother's womb,..." refer to homosexuals, and that "He who is able to accept it, let him accept it." Gave me comfort that Jesus knew of our plight and accepted us for who we are.

I accepted that I was gay, found a man to love which does not mean that I approved of or condone that simply because your homosexual gives your the OK to go out for all the one night stands you can find...same goes for anyone heterosexual.

I believe that Matthew: chapter 19 is a call for all to love and remain faithful to one person.

Upvote 0

ReformedChapin

Chapin = Guatemalan
Apr 29, 2005
✟18,338.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
I'm a newbie...and this is my topic as I am a gay man and identify myself as such, so everyone will know where I'm coming from.

I am now 53 years old and looking back I knew that I was "different" at the age of 4. I had not been molested, didn't have an overbearing mother, etc. For many years I struggled with being gay as a "phase" I was going through. It wasn't until I was 23 that when I accepted myself for who and what I was that I found a peace of mind. At 29 I meet a wonderful man, 11 years my senior, and we had 20 great years together until he passed away in 2002.

How did I come to terms with being gay and a Christian? I started reading the Bible instead of letting someone tell me what it said.

I always recommend reading Samuel I beginning with chapter 18 through Samuel II: chapter I verse 26. Do not focus on the relationship between David and Saul, but on David and Jonathan (son of Saul). This is the greatest love story never talked about.

And then when it comes to the question of "WWJD" (What Would Jesus Do?) I found Matthew: chapter 19 and look closely at verses 10 through 12.

Although Jesus speaks of eunuchs in these verses, a study of history for this period indicates that there was no such word for homosexuals and eunuch was a term used for all men who did not have sex with women.
Some believe, as I do, that the reference "...who were born thus from their mother's womb,..." refer to homosexuals, and that "He who is able to accept it, let him accept it." Gave me comfort that Jesus knew of our plight and accepted us for who we are.

I accepted that I was gay, found a man to love which does not mean that I approved of or condone that simply because your homosexual gives your the OK to go out for all the one night stands you can find...same goes for anyone heterosexual.

I believe that Matthew: chapter 19 is a call for all to love and remain faithful to one person.
Try reading the rest of the bible clearly stating that homosexuality is a sin. BTW the story of David and Jonathan has absolutely no homosexul connotation. That's only pro-homosexual manipulation of the scripture. You have no historical sources to prove your claim.

Upvote 0
M

MrPirate

No, that was NOT the question. I asked the question of all homosexuals, bisexuals, or anyone else who had ever had same sex attraction....

When you were entering puberty, how did you view yourself in comparison to your peers? I'm genuinely curious, how did you view yourself in relation to your peers growing up? Did you feel inferior? Did you view yourself negatively in comparison?

Why are you avoiding the REAL question of the OP?
I posed your query in a few conversations and a couple e-mails to a handful of my gay and lesbian friends. The responses varied from laughter, to “what crackpot dreamed that one up?” to insistence that I was making the whole thing up to “who would be dumb enough to believe that?”

Which is pretty much what I thought the responses would be

Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

The health rating bar is based on the average number of posts you make per day. An average of three per day will give you 100% rating. No one votes on your health rating, you are the one who determines that, just in case you were implying that it was a certain group of people voting in some way to bring the level down.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ReformedChapin

Chapin = Guatemalan
Apr 29, 2005
✟18,338.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private

The way to do such is to provide compelling evidence for a non-biological origin of homosexuality.

Sadly the only legitimate evidence that exists points to a biological origin
I have seen no such evidence. All I have seen is psudo-science trying to spread homosexual propaganda.

Upvote 0

GwynApNudd

Apr 3, 2007
✟15,630.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Try reading the rest of the bible clearly stating that homosexuality is a sin. BTW the story of David and Jonathan has absolutely no homosexul connotation. That's only pro-homosexual manipulation of the scripture. You have no historical sources to prove your claim.

King Saul certainly seemed to think that Jonathan and David were lovers:
Then Saul's anger burned against Jonathan and he said to him, "You son of a perverse, rebellious woman! Do I not know that you are choosing the son of Jesse to your own shame and to the shame of your mother's nakedness? For as long as the son of Jesse lives on the earth, neither you nor your kingdom will be established. Therefore now, send and bring him to me, for he must surely die."​

I Sam 20:30-31​
OK, by this time Saul wasn't always thinking clearly when it came to David. But still, the passage is preserved in the Bible for a reason.

Upvote 0

ReformedChapin

Chapin = Guatemalan
Apr 29, 2005
✟18,338.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
King Saul certainly seemed to think that Jonathan and David were lovers:
Then Saul's anger burned against Jonathan and he said to him, "You son of a perverse, rebellious woman! Do I not know that you are choosing the son of Jesse to your own shame and to the shame of your mother's nakedness? For as long as the son of Jesse lives on the earth, neither you nor your kingdom will be established. Therefore now, send and bring him to me, for he must surely die."​

I Sam 20:30-31​
OK, by this time Saul wasn't always thinking clearly when it came to David. But still, the passage is preserved in the Bible for a reason.

That verse has nothing to do with what you said...

Upvote 0

GwynApNudd

Apr 3, 2007
✟15,630.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That verse has nothing to do with what you said...

I am not claiming that it proves D&J were lovers. I'm not even claiming that it proves that Saul thought they were lovers.

But you had claimed that there was nothing in the 1 Sam 18 through 2 Sam1 that even suggests the possibilty.

Many of the other verses from this section of the Bible that are sometimes used to "prove" the supposed homosexual nature of D&J's relationship are interpreted by some without first trying to gain an understanding the customs of the time. But an irrational outburst is an irrational outburst.

Even if D&J's relationship was not homosexual, even if saul normally understood that it was not, even if Saul didn't "really believe it when he blew up at Jonathan, Sauls words do bring up a "shadow of doubt."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
D

DMagoh

I posed your query in a few conversations and a couple e-mails to a handful of my gay and lesbian friends. The responses varied from laughter, to “what crackpot dreamed that one up?” to insistence that I was making the whole thing up to “who would be dumb enough to believe that?”

Which is pretty much what I thought the responses would be

And yet you still wont answer the question. You keep finding ways to avoid looking at yourself. What are you afraid of?

Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Because I am male. Feel free to ask about lesbianism in another thread.
Yeah, I have seen this gender bias argument pop up a couple time in my threads where it really was not relevent when the person doing it, always trying to twist the other posters into sexists, never even start their own threads. Good for you, invite her off.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

uhmmm why do only the pro-gay posters rate a rebuke? I thought you only wanted gay, bi and ex's to post? :scratch:
tulc(who always felt insecure when he was young and still turned out to be straight!) ;)

Upvote 0