Avid

A Pilgrim and a Sojourner...
Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Just look at us. Everything is backwards; everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge, governments destroy freedom, the major media destroy information, and religions destroy spirituality.
Dr. Michael Ellner

The offence of the Cross never has ceased, and never can cease. To suppose it to have ceased is folly. The religion of Jesus is most peaceful, mild and benevolent. Yet its history shows it to have been assailed with bitterest hate all along. It is clearly offensive to the unregenerate mind. There is no reason to believe that it is one jot more palatable to the world than it used to be. The world and the Gospel are both unchanged.
Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1834−1892)

Upvote 0

Avid

Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
... the reason laws are going to be passed trying to force Pastors to marry gays is because people like you keep attacking them...
Frankly, you are mistaken about the reason Gays are trying to get laws passed that restrict or demand a certain legal stance for people who indulge in that particular perverted sinful behavior. Some people may be thinking that way as they do it, but there is no reason to think they need to do that because of anything I ever said or did.

I have never attacked anyone for their sinful behavior. I certainly have not treated anyone I ever met, that was of this perversion, differently, except to be careful about what I said or did around them. Here is a thread about the very subject, and you are not telling the truth about God's attitude toward sin. You have instead tried to intimidate those who would.

... I am saying don't be a hypocrite. You can not put up with certain kinds of sexual immorality and say you will not tolerate others...
Never have done what you accuse here. You may wish to restate the last sentence here, because it does not seem to make sense. Regardless, whatever form your accusation has taken, you are wrong to think that of me or of Jennae. You have no evidence to back up your accusation.

I asked questions about telling the truth and expecting the same response in these sinners that the word of God expects from all other sinners, and have not gotten a good answer from you or Blue Wren. I do expect a thoughtful, and scriptural answer, and you owe the same to Jennae, who you accused of treating these sinners differently, though there is no evidence she ever did.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Avid

Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
If gay couples were treated the same as straight couples then there wouldn't be need for gay pride. But the inequality is massive. Homosexuality isn't "kinky sex" it's someone loving the same gender. I don't think you quite understand...
It is not their love that is a sin, though they may mistake LUST for love, as do many other sinners with a passion for their sin. As far as their SEX being kinky, the use infers the perversion that it is. This is stated clearly in scripture, and these sinners are not getting different treatment here than any other sinners.

The person you addressed was clear that the penalty for sin is no different for these sinners than for other sinners. They are not being singled-out, except that this thread is about their particular sin.

If you wish, instead to discuss the sin of THEFT or some other, start a thread about that sin.

Upvote 0

classicalhero

Jun 9, 2013
Perth,Western Australia
✟11,338.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
I agree, it is over emphasized. Fornication, heterosexual and homosexual manifestations of it, is the problem. The question overall is whether Christ is Lord of our lives. If He is, we will desire to live according to the Spirit and not the flesh.
We ar discussing it no because that is where the battleground is set right now. The problem is that earlier many Christians just allowed the other issues to get away without much resistance.

Upvote 0

Metal Minister

New Year, Still Old School!
May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If gay couples were treated the same as straight couples then there wouldn't be need for gay pride. But the inequality is massive. Homosexuality isn't "kinky sex" it's someone loving the same gender. I don't think you quite understand...

Actually, I believe she understands just fine. Do we have "Thief Pride" parades? Are we forced to endure rallies to support fornication? Is there a push to make adultery acceptable because we are "born that way"? Not at all, yet all of the above are sins. Why would we accept this one sin? Because it might hurt someone's feelings? I'm sorry, but if I were a liar and called as such, it would hurt my feelings as well! Should we not call a spade a spade? All need to repent, literally that word means to turn away, from our sin and towards God, and unless someone tells us that we need to do this, and tries to help guide us, we will remain on the path to hell, though it be paved with good intentions. We need to show homosexuals that it is possible for them to turn from their sin, and that God does love them enough to help them with that. Remember 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 :Or[bless and do not curse]do you not know that the unrighteous will notinherit the kingdom of God?[bless and do not curse]Do not be deceived;neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor[bless and do not curse]effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor[bless and do not curse]the[bless and do not curse]covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will[bless and do not curse]inherit the kingdom of God.[bless and do not curse]Such were some of you; but you were[bless and do not curse]washed, but you were[bless and do not curse]sanctified, but you were[bless and do not curse]justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

See what I bolded? It means that though it is sin, it can be turned away from! It doesn't mean it's worse than other sin (note the list it's mentioned in) but in our current society, there is a major push to have it labeled as "normal". Does God change His mind based on our moral standards? Certainly not! There is alcoholics anonymous to help drunkards with their problem, how much more should Christians be reaching out to a group who has no other support than the sin and fallen world that reinforces their sin? We aren't to accept sin, but to stand against it, while loving and supporting those who find themselves in its grip to get to the one who can cleanse them, can wash them of their affliction. Our wonderful saviour who died to free them, to free all of us, from that bondage, Jesus Christ.

*addendum*

I liken Christians to a shield bearer. We rescue the other fallen by drawing them behind the shield of Christ, while their sins batter away at it. It is up to us to raise that shield, so that those trying to flee that sin have a safe haven to run to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LilLamb219

The Lamb is gone
Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
✟83,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
MOD HAT ON

Please remember the site rules as you post. Don't make your posts personal and please do not promote homosexuality on the forums:
● Homosexuality may not be promoted* on Christian Forums. Homosexuality may only be discussed, without promotion, in our Congregation forums.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

Saricharity

Follower of Christ
Mar 24, 2014
Canada
✟75,597.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.” (James 1:2-3)

Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong. (1 Corinthians 16:13)

Just a few verses I have been reminded of by my lovely momma this week. I have been discouraged and upset reading on this forum. I realize it's just a forum and I need to not take things personally. However I am learning which is a great thing. I have been doing my own research. I have been talking to those I consider wise. Most important of all, I have been praying for wisdom and understanding.
As believers we cannot give up and stop defending the faith. We are Gods advocates here on earth. We need to use caution and proceed in love. We must love people first above all else however we must never ever be tolerant of sin. Jesus was never tolerant of sin. Jesus loves people and people were drawn to Him because of his love. It's hard to show love on an Internet forum. I want you to know I do love you all. I do not have the knowledge that many of you have. I have been taught the scriptures since I was a small child. Now it is my turn to learn and study apologetics. I need to make sure I have an answer for my faith. Testing of your faith does bring perseverance.

Just for the record Blue Wren...as much as I love my friend with my whole heart doesn't mean I agree with her at all in her beliefs...I don't. She would be the first to admit that. We are very different. But people can be different and still be friends. I hope we can still be friends as well. Also my friend may agree with you but it doesn't necessarily mean she is right in her beliefs. Everyone MUST do their own research and make up their own mind. I suggest you do your own research carefully and not just accept what your culture has taught you. You have had your eyes open that other believe differently. Maybe it is God speaking to your heart to be sure. Study apologetics. I am doing that too. I'm no longer content to just believe blindly. I'm now on a quest to discover my own faith. I think we all come to that point in our lives.
All my love and blessings to you.

God bless,
Jennae

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue Wren
Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟904,775.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
MOD HAT ON

The thread will remain permanently closed.

Attempts were made by staff to warn people away from certain attitudes and violations but were unfortunately successful.

In summary, the thread was closed for the following;

Flaming
Please treat all members with respect and courtesy through civil dialogue. Refrain from insulting, inflammatory, or goading remarks. When you disagree, remember to address the content of the post and not the poster personally.

Topics Requiring Special Consideration
Homosexuality may not be promoted* on Christian Forums.
Homosexuality may only be discussed, without promotion, in our Congregation forums. Homosexuality may also be discussed in the Recovery and Ask a Chaplain forums solely for the purpose of seeking support with struggles overcoming same-sex attractions, and homosexual issues.

Please take a few minutes to reacquaint yourselves with the site rules because there have been a worrying amount of reports for a relatively short-lived thread, so let's try and take this as a learning experience.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.