• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Homosexuality

creep

Nov 2, 2004
✟504.00
Faith
Non-Denom
religously its wrong.
morally.. well thats up to you personally.
but the way i see it, is if you're gay then you're gay and there isn't a whole lot you can do about it(well there is. self denial for example)so you have to decide, for yourself, wheather this is the right step for you to take.also to consider the ramifications of your choice.. do they feel the same about you?

Upvote 0

Angel_Kissez

Oct 13, 2004
Arizona
Visit site
✟482.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Now I'm just stating my believes, so no one get mad at me.

I was raised up on homosexuality is a demon (We have various demons for different sins) And it makes you urge to do bad things. ummmm.....Just if it were me I would talk to a minister of my church for help with the problem. Thinking is one thing but it can lead to doing hun.

creep said:
religously its wrong.
but the way i see it, is if you're gay then you're gay and there isn't a whole lot you can do about it(well there is. self denial for example)so you have to decide, for yourself, wheather this is the right step for you to take.also to consider the ramifications of your choice.. do they feel the same about you?

Upvote 0

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
creep said:
religously its wrong.
There is a lot a person can do about it....pray, pray ,pray. God hears our prayers and He answers our prayers, Praise God.

Upvote 0

Mr.Cheese

Legend
Apr 14, 2002
✟21,948.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
After reading some of Jen's posts, if she is finding herself attracted to females or a female, I can't blame her.
If I was her I would give up on guys too.
Therein lies something to think about.
I know a lot of girls who have been abused by males and they like girls now.

So...if, and I do mean if, if her attraction to girls is because of her trauma, then I would think that the most healthy course of action would be to try to work through the damage. No easy thing. It could take years to work through things like this. I dont' think there is any kind of damage like damage from sexual abuse.
Therefore, if this is the cause of her same sex attraction then I would consider the attraction a result of the damage inflicted upon her rather than her being gay.
Why do I make the distinction between "damaged" and "gay?" Because if she is broken, then I would rather her seek to find healing rather than live life damaged thinking that she was simply gay.
If any of you have not been abused in this way then praise God every day you get up.

I hope I have navigated these waters in a way that will be helpful to the girl and also in a way that has steered clear of opening up a discussion about "what is Gay?" I intended in no way to do so.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

creep

Nov 2, 2004
✟504.00
Faith
Non-Denom
alot of guys are, well, to put it nicely, massive jerks and a-holes. so are a gud few chicks too, but ina different way, anyway, the real trial in life is finding your way through this, to find somebody you can truly love. as mr.cheese was sayin tho, if you do decide to become gay, then please make sure it is for the right reasons

Upvote 0

Glorianna

I'm a proud Canadian who married an American!
Mar 29, 2004
USA
✟30,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
jen_soccer13 said:
What do you do if you are having sexual thoughts for a person of the same sex? Is it wrong..or do we not know for sure?

It is very wrong. Pray that God will take the thoughts away. And actively refuse to think about such things. When you begin to, switch your mind to think about other things. This will soon become a habit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

carmi

Nov 1, 2004
✟16,723.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Bams481 said:
oh, I don't even know who you are talking about...I'm sorry...I just wanted to chime in :doh:
I don't think you need to be sorry. Mr. Cheese was reminding another poster that the girl did not pick the guys. I think you could help this girl a lot because you were at least in a similar position (abused and the fact that you were abused made you turn to girls).

Upvote 0