Homosexuality is a "DANGEROUS LIFESTYLE"!!!!

HaloHope

May 25, 2007
✟9,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
The sin of scandal and that is more dangerous than you can imagine. Not only are you still engaging in a form of adultery. The degradation of moral vakues corrupting society. Not to mention what you have probably done to your parents and family.

It's not a sin. It's not a scandal (I'd like you to point out what is scandalous about it). I don't consider anything I do "adultary" and will be getting married before being fully intimate with my partner (again I think gay people can get married, I know you don't but seeing as it's a matter of opinion that dosen't bother me). The moral corruption of society part is nonsense, the more accepting, tolerant and diverse a society is, the better in my books.

My family are happy I'm gay. My parents frequently invite my partner and I to their house and we spend the night there, my grandparents have welcomed her with open arms.. . In fact every part of my family has accepted and welcomed the relationship I am in, and are very glad to see me happy.

My mother in particular keeps bugging me as to when I am getting married (she is excited about it) and has even asked if we'd adopt children in the future. Very, very supportive and wonderful.

The greatest harm is in the future when those you influenced and yourself (if you do not change) face judgement and damnation.

I'm not going to be changing, when I stand before God in the future I will say that I very much loved my partner, I very much wanted to help other gay people find God as they are and I really don't think he will take issue with that.

Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
[It's not a sin. It's not a scandal (I'd like you to point out what is scandalous about it). I don't consider anything I do "adultary" and will be getting married before being fully intimate with my partner

It is too the sin of scandal because you are promoting a sinful lifestyle against the morals of society and Christianity (in both theology and scripture). Jesus stated in Mathew 19 that marriage is between a male and female and for that purpose they became one.

It is too bad that you may have to wait until you can see just who it is that is with you in hell, that you have "helped" before you acknowledge your mistakes.

Upvote 0

HaloHope

May 25, 2007
✟9,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
It is too the sin of scandal because you are promoting a sinful lifestyle against the morals of society and Christianity (in both theology and scripture). Jesus stated in Mathew 19 that marriage is between a male and female and for that purpose they became one.

Against the morals of society? Maybe some soceties but the society I live in and have grown up in has always been accepting of gay people, from when I was at school to where I am now in my adult life. In fact the only anti-gay sentiments I actually face are on here, not from people around me, not from fellow Christians around me. Just on the net. Clearly you are over generalizing when you say it's against the morals of society and Christianity, as it isn't against the morals of all societies and all Christians.

I'm not going to go into the gay marriage debate, as thats not what this thread is about. But I will simply say I totally disagree with your interpretation of the Bible when it comes to gay marriage (but hey we knew that already).

It is too bad that you may have to wait until you can see just who it is that is with you in hell, that you have "helped" before you acknowledge your mistakes.

Except of course, I won't be in hell, and neither will any gay people who have lived in loving monogamous relationships.

Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Surprise, surprise...a publication by the "Baptist Press"..a "Christian" publication. I wonder if they would ever print anything positive about homosexual relationships...ever.

Since it is a Christian Publication. they probably never will print anything positive about homsexual relationships seeing as to how the Bible contains no such thing, neither.

Upvote 0

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

He didn't say that is the only "exclusive" marriage, and a lot of what Jesus said was in response to the Pharisees, it wasn't "general audiences".

Upvote 0

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The thing is, we are all sinners. A person who lives a full life and tells only one lie, can go to hell just as easy as a person in constant sexual sin. Jesus came to seek and save the lost, not put them down. It's dangerous to judge other people like that.

We should love people who are homosexual, even if we don't agree with the sin that is in their flesh.
It's a valid orientation, and you cannot get rid of it, says every CREDIBLE mental health foundation. Sin for a gay or lesbian person would be to live a straight lifestyle. Over 450 Vertebrate species are born gay, lesbian, bi and transgender, it is documented in that MANY of God's creations.

Upvote 0
D

DMagoh

It's a valid orientation, and you cannot get rid of it, says every CREDIBLE mental health foundation. Sin for a gay or lesbian person would be to live a straight lifestyle. Over 450 Vertebrate species are born gay, lesbian, bi and transgender, it is documented in that MANY of God's creations.

You continue to post, AND continue to avoid my question.

In a different thread, I posted a question for homosexuals, bisexuals, and ex-gays...basically anyone who has ever dealt with being attracted to members of the same sex. Oh you used the thread to start debating whether homosexuality is natural or unnatural, sin or not sin, etc. But that was not the point of the thread.

Why wont you answer the simple question? What are you afraid of?

Here is a link to the thread - read my first two posts, and then unless you are afraid to answer, answer the simple question:

http://www.christianforums.com/t5630139

Upvote 0