Homosexuality is a "DANGEROUS LIFESTYLE"!!!!

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
This is probably the silliest debate point I see here. There are dangerous lifestyles in any promiscuous situation, heterosexual OR homosexual. One who decides to commit to one person for the rest of their life in a monogamous relationship has very little risk of danger.

Anyone want to prove me wrong? That living in a monogamous, same sex relationship long-term is dangerous?

I bet you don't have any statistics to prove this one scenario. :wave:

HaloHope

May 25, 2007
✟9,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
This is probably the silliest debate point I see here. There are dangerous lifestyles in any promiscuous situation, heterosexual OR homosexual. One who decides to commit to one person for the rest of their life in a monogamous relationship has very little risk of danger.

Anyone want to prove me wrong? That living in a monogamous, same sex relationship long-term is dangerous?

I don't get this either. I've only ever been in a relationship with the person I am currently with. As a lesbian couple we are the group least at risk of STD's in the first place... . I do not sleep around.... .

Upvote 0

ReformedChapin

Chapin = Guatemalan
Apr 29, 2005
✟18,338.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private

I guess sin is ok then...no sin is dangerous biblically.:D

Upvote 0

TheFathersDaughter

The Revolution has Started
Mar 3, 2007
✟9,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
I guess sin is ok then...no sin is dangerous biblically.:D
Wrong.

ALL sins are dangerous to your mental and physical health the first time.

Except NewGuy is perfect so he's never experienced these consequences. I forgot.

Upvote 0

ReformedChapin

Chapin = Guatemalan
Apr 29, 2005
✟18,338.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Wrong.

ALL sins are dangerous to your mental and physical health the first time.

Except NewGuy is perfect so he's never experienced these consequences. I forgot.
Except someone doesn't understand the concept of sarcasm.

Reactions: wmc1982
Upvote 0

TheFathersDaughter

The Revolution has Started
Mar 3, 2007
✟9,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
Except someone doesn't understand the concept of sarcasm.
Kind of hard to spot sarcasm over the internet love.

Especially since you've made other comments that I would think are obviously sarcasm but were actually serious.

Upvote 0

ReformedChapin

Chapin = Guatemalan
Apr 29, 2005
✟18,338.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private

Especially since you've made other comments that I would think are obviously sarcasm but were actually serious.
Gee I wonder what this smile means...:D after a statement. It wouldn't mean that I'm clearly laughing.

Upvote 0

ReformedChapin

Chapin = Guatemalan
Apr 29, 2005
✟18,338.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private

Gee I wonder what this smile means...:D after a statement. It wouldn't mean that I'm clearly laughing.

Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
According to the researchers, 42.9 percent of homosexual men in Chicago's Shoreland area have had more than 60 sexual partners, while an additional 18.4 percent have had between 31 and 60 partners. All total, 61.3 percent of the area's homosexual men have had more than 30 partners, and 87.8 percent have had more than 15, the research found.

As a result, 55.1 percent of homosexual males in Shoreland -- known as Chicago's "gay center" -- have at least one sexually transmitted disease, researchers said.

This is a great article by Baptist Press, A Christian Publication. Jan, 2004

The majority of personal ads in city papers under the headline 'men seeking men' identify casual sex rather than long-term relationships as their goal."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
C

ChaliceThunder

Do you think that the M4M section of a paper is representative of gay men as a whole?

If you do, you'd be wrong.

Neither I or my partner of almost 23 years has ever had an STD.

The most "dangerous" thing we do is take our 2 golden retrievers to our favorite restaurant begging for a treat once in a while. (Dangerous, only because the dogs become very excited at the hospitality of the chef!)

Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The risk of anal cancer "soars" by nearly 4,000% for men who have sex with men. The rate doubles again for those who are HIV positive. A Michigan homosexual newspaper admits there is no such thing as "safe sex" to prevent this "soaring" cancer risk. Condoms offer only limited protection.3

Source: Between the Lines Sept, 2000

Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
In an online survey among nearly 8,000 homosexuals, 71% of same-sex relationships lasted less than eight years. Only 9% of all same-sex relationships lasted longer than 16 years. (2003-2004 Gay & Lesbian Consumer Online Census

You cannot base a relationship on sex.

Upvote 0

wmc1982

Aka "Will" :)
Jul 28, 2006
NC, United States
✟16,466.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sex before marriage is dangerous (and wrong according to the Bible), whether you are straight or gay. I think some straight Christians may feel bad about having premarital sex and try to justify it by pointing out that homosexuals are in "worse" sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I think you are correct here.
Heterosxual sex outside of marriage is less a sin than homosexual sex as the heterosxual sex has utility (pregnancy) and the leading to a marriage that is blessed by God.

As homosexuals, in the sacred sense, can never be married, there is sin perpetualness to it that makes it a graver sin. Also, there is no utility to homosexual sex, neither in nature or sacredness.

Upvote 0