Veteran
Mar 21, 2010
Here
✟12,471.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I totally agree with your assessment of where we are right now. Even on this message board, especially in the Ethics and Morality sections where nonbelievers make their posts, there are so many people who come here to "fight for the homosexual" and declare the rest of us as bigots, haters, intolerant, etc. while saying homosexuality is perfectly fine and that we are the bad guys. That's exactly what churches should not be allowing to enter their doors. If a gay person wants to attend, fine. If they are there to hear God's word and to learn, fine. If they are there because they feel convicted of sin and are looking to change, fine. But if they are there to try to get into the "enemy's camp" and argue that what they're doing is what's right and that Christian principles are wrong in regards to homosexuality, then they need to be removed from the church. At least on this message board, nonbelievers are sectioned off into their own areas so they aren't able to muddy the waters.
My thoughts exactly. When I decided to revisit CF (it's been a while, due to work) I intended to go to those discussions to see what was being said, how intense the attack, and see if I could learn some things. Just stopped at my old stomping ground, the Baptist forum, first.

God bless,
H.

Upvote 0

Hupomone10

Veteran
Mar 21, 2010
Here
✟12,471.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Indeed.

The choice is already being forced upon us - affirm, or be unemployed. If this isn't the essence of the mark of the beast, what is...
Perhaps this is a little preview of things to come. God has obviously pulled back His hand in this country over the last two years, and it is becoming evident that this is the issue with which the enemy plans to break the believing church; but I am actively praying that "when the enemy comes in like a flood, The Spirit of the LORD will lift up a standard against him." Isaiah 59:19

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
We have openly gay couples in our congregation. While we dont condemn them we also do not condone their lifestyle either. To my knowledge, our pastor was asked to perform their marriage and she declined.

Baptists have female ministers now??? I'm surprised... I guess a lot has changed since I stopped attending a Baptist church. It's kind of ironic to see that a church is liberal enough to have a female pastor yet not liberal enough to have gay marriages; but my guess is that if they were progressive enough to eventually accept female clergy then they are probably going to eventually accept gay marriages.

Sorry, was just browsing through and surprised by this post (re: female clergy)

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟651,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps this is a little preview of things to come. God has obviously pulled back His hand in this country over the last two years, and it is becoming evident that this is the issue with which the enemy plans to break the believing church; but I am actively praying that "when the enemy comes in like a flood, The Spirit of the LORD will lift up a standard against him." Isaiah 59:19

This could have something similar to how God let people have their way and learn the consequences of getting what they really want just as He did when the people wanted Saul as their king rather than to listen to God. These days, people want a good-looking guy that makes them feel good. So they voted for Obama and now the country reaps the consequences. Imagine if the country voted for the Godly guy who runs a political campaign of running this country according to God's will.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This could have something similar to how God let people have their way and learn the consequences of getting what they really want just as He did when the people wanted Saul as their king rather than to listen to God. These days, people want a good-looking guy that makes them feel good. So they voted for Obama and now the country reaps the consequences. Imagine if the country voted for the Godly guy who runs a political campaign of running this country according to God's will.

You mean the heretic Romeny, yeah real Godly guy^_^ or you mean to start who was it that ran against him mc cain? actually i like mc cain. But did you ever think he was destine to come power, and that its all in prep for the one world leader?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟651,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You mean the heretic Romeny, yeah real Godly guy^_^ or you mean to start who was it that ran against him mc cain? actually i like mc cain. But did you ever think he was destine to come power, and that its all in prep for the one world leader?

No, I mean someone who actually ran as a person who wanted to lead the country back to following God. I also mean IF the country would actually vote for such a person. It's clear they would not, because that's not what this country wants. They want the superficial, they want someone who is a smooth talker. They even want someone who will allow them to "make a statement" at the polls, even if it ultimately leads the country further downhill.

Needless to say, I have little confidence in the people of this country to make any other decision, although I still pray they will.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No, I mean someone who actually ran as a person who wanted to lead the country back to following God. I also mean IF the country would actually vote for such a person. It's clear they would not, because that's not what this country wants. They want the superficial, they want someone who is a smooth talker. They even want someone who will allow them to "make a statement" at the polls, even if it ultimately leads the country further downhill.

Needless to say, I have little confidence in the people of this country to make any other decision, although I still pray they will.

I think you are right about that, the people have set it up so only liars can get into the white house. Any dirt a person is kicked out of the running. We are to pray for are leaders though, that is really all we can do.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Baptists have female ministers now??? I'm surprised... I guess a lot has changed since I stopped attending a Baptist church. It's kind of ironic to see that a church is liberal enough to have a female pastor yet not liberal enough to have gay marriages; but my guess is that if they were progressive enough to eventually accept female clergy then they are probably going to eventually accept gay marriages.

Sorry, was just browsing through and surprised by this post (re: female clergy)

Yep...and she's also my sister-in-law ^_^ Her and her husband are both ordained D.D.s, and she teaches at Duke part time.

Upvote 0
Oct 25, 2013
Province of Ontario, Canada.
✟8,323.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I'm not really sure when the end times will come, but I can't help but think we're too far off. Just turn on your TV, which does shape the minds of people who watch the sitcoms, movies and so forth and it's just full of anti-Christian stuff, including blasphemy. Don't forget other things like attractive women and girls in skimpy outfits, depictions of fornication, lesbianism and men with men.

We're living in a world now, where not only on TV, but in some Christian churches that have made compromises and now say "it's ok". I've flipped enough channels to see what's polluting our kids and adult's minds. The majority of lost society, especially young people will think whatever they see on tv is alright and normal. That's the scary thing.

Now homosexuals in the church. Homosexuality is a sin, no two ways. If someone who is having this sin problem really wants to turn to Lord Jesus to help them repent from doing what is considered " an aboniable act towards God" then yes, the church should not turn them away.

If however people accept sin as something they believe should be accepted by the church, when we all know ourselves, that even if homosexuality isn't something we're dealing with, we know our own sins aren't acceptable to God and should ask for God to for help in turning from
said sins.

That's like a person saying that gossiping should be permitted within the church. So should greed, lust and fornication be allowed to be acceptable topics and freely permitted to be welcomed topics within the church.

We all know our sins aren't "OK'. When we do think they are, then we should really question our own motives.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brandonspapa

Dec 27, 2014
Florida
✟7,741.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It seems like every show contains at least one gay individual or couple intimately involved in the plot. I used to be surprised, but now, not so much as disappointed. I can remember 30 years ago when the LGBT community actually denied that they had an agenda but just wanted to be left alone. Now, we can see their agenda come to fruition, which is the broad based acceptance of diviant sexual behavior as normal. Soon it will be polygamy, inappropriate behavior with animals, NAMBLA, and pedophilia. Just look at the acceptance of women having sex with their male students as opposed to men having sex with young ladies. Pray to hear the footsteps of Christ!

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It seems like every show contains at least one gay individual or couple intimately involved in the plot. I used to be surprised, but now, not so much as disappointed. I can remember 30 years ago when the LGBT community actually denied that they had an agenda but just wanted to be left alone. Now, we can see their agenda come to fruition, which is the broad based acceptance of diviant sexual behavior as normal. Soon it will be polygamy, inappropriate behavior with animals, NAMBLA, and pedophilia. Just look at the acceptance of women having sex with their male students as opposed to men having sex with young ladies. Pray to hear the footsteps of Christ!

This ball was started rolling by the accepting of contraception. Once we normalised the practice of non-procreative sex it paved the way for the acceptance of ALL non-procreative sex.

Upvote 0
Oct 25, 2013
Province of Ontario, Canada.
✟8,323.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

Oh I know! There's an agenda here, of course. It's actually Bible prophecy
being fulfilled. The people who run Hollywood are basically part of a satanic masonic cult. Over the past 45 to 50 years, they've slowly been indroctrinating people through TV with garbage for their minds.

Want to see why people today accept homosexuality as something that's ok, look no further than your TV and what movies come out into our theaters. Next they'll gradually indoctrinate other sick, vile sexual and
immoral acts.

The elites, and no I don't just mean Bill Gates. I mean the real richest families in the world like the Rothchild's and the Rockefeller's. The Rockefeller family last year worth 50 trillion dollars. No, you didn't see
them on the Forbes richest peoples list, because they don't want to be
on there. Them, and the rest of the 0000.1% with the Hollywood satanic
machine, will get people to believe what they want them to, just through the Television and silver screen.

Never mind that most of the comedy shows now on TV, aren't even funny!
They use sexual innuendo, language and other vulgarity and immorality to replace what used to be humor. Please bring back the days of Night Court, The Cosby Show (maybe minus Bill Cosby now?) Cheers and Family Ties!

Upvote 0