Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I'm sure this will just take some getting used to, plus its even more difficult because my husband works nights so during the day, until about 2pm, I'm unable to run the dishwasher or vacuum because I don't want to wake him up. I feel so bad clanging dishes together or making a lot of noise because he doesn't get home from work until 7:30am!

A perfect little app that may help you and your husband until he gets on that day shift:
https://simplynoise.com/

Upvote 0

Brianlear

Living life in the pacific NW
Mar 31, 2012
✟9,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why didn't you finish your nursing degree??? You could have just taken maternity leave if you had a baby. And then work a few shifts per week. That makes no sense. Unless you felt God telling you to withdraw and stay home full time. That's okay. But, something doesn't make sense here. It's okay for a mom to have some skills and work a little bit outside the home. Maybe not when the kids are super young, but later while they're at school, you might've enjoyed doing a few nursing shifts per week..

Reactions: RedPonyDriver
Upvote 0

blessedwife318

Sep 30, 2015
✟15,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Congrats on being newly married. I hear you on housework. I'm the worst at it. My mom worked all the time while I was growing up so cooking and housework took a backseat. I have had to basically learn how to be a housewife through trial error. Thankfully I haven't poisoned anyone so my cooking apparently is not that bad. As far as getting motivated, I just do one room, or well area since we live in a Studio a day. One day is the kitchen, then the bathroom, then the living area, then the bed area. I try to get it done early in the day so I don't have to think about it for the rest of the day. Doesn't always work, but I do notice that if I get my chores done earlier I feel better. Obviously some stuff you have to do every day like dishes but again I try to just get them out of the way. Not sure that is much help, but I did want you to know you are not alone in struggling. Also good luck on trying for a baby. I hope that happens for you soon.

Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0