Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It looks like she threw herself down on the floor. That said, I felt bad when I saw they were further insulting her while she's on the ground instead of checking to see if she's okay. Another reason why I avoid that part of LA. It's mostly just tourists, people trying to take advantage of tourists and homeless people.

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
It looks like she threw herself down on the floor. That said, I felt bad when I saw they were further insulting her while she's on the ground instead of checking to see if she's okay. Another reason why I avoid that part of LA. It's mostly just tourists, people trying to take advantage of tourists and homeless people.

Someone on right side of the screen apparently pulled her so she fell, backward, or so it appears to me. [Staff edit]. They were really nice to her before the fall too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

MrSpikey

Dec 1, 2015
UK
✟34,367.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm sure this woman will have fond memories of all the posturing in a few weeks time when she's out of the media eye, but still living on the street.

Not aimed at anyone in particular, but I'd rather be talking about reducing homelessness rather than a specific incident relating to an election - that will ultimately do little to reduce homelessness, whoever wins.

• Agree
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,029.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
[Staff edit]

According to the person who posted the video, she was spouting some pretty vile things. From the poster:

"* If you are truly concerned about this lady, she was fine. After this altercation, we called emergency services (even though people said "let her be" on the video and that "she deserved it for spewing hate"), SHE REFUSED TO BE HELPED, got up, and kept on with her hateful rhetoric, writing a new sign saying: "[EXPLETIVE] Mexicans, vote for Trump""

"* She was there for at least 3 hours, and most all of the time, it was peaceful, people tried asking her reason for voting for Trump and protecting his star, but it is obvious she wasn't in "all her senses" , and never really had substance on her thoughts and opinions."

"*I got many messages saying: "liberal left is repulsive, scumbags. First of all, I'm not political or Left or Right. I WILL NOT VOTE on this elections, as I don't believe on any of the candidates. However, these "scumbags" not only tried to help her, bought her food and drink, and some people were actually going to give her money, which we told them not to, as she could spend somewhere else. So food and cards were bought for her."

[Staff edit]

• Agree
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

MrSpikey

Dec 1, 2015
UK
✟34,367.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
[Staff edit]
Take it how you like.

I do what I can to help the homeless where I live. It's not enough, never will be. It's a problem that needs to be addressed at a higher level than I can manage.

I don't know what you do, or what you want the powers that be to do to help the homeless.

I'm going to be optimistic and hope the outrage about the homeless on this thread is because people actually care that they exist, rather than just using is point scoring in a political game.

Upvote 0

Abraxos

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.
Jan 12, 2016
New Zealand
✟69,315.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
[Staff edit]

Gah, these people! No surprise the coward that uploaded the video deleted it and his youtube account, but not before it went viral.

15629501_1477655744.3895.jpg

Thankfully people with a brain and a heart have stepped up and condemned this assault. Gofundme have started a fundraiser to help this lady out where she'll be provided:

- Immediate & Affordable Housing
- Health Assessment and Medical Treatment
- Food Supplies
- Winter and Summer Clothing / Shoes / Hygiene Products
- Personal Identification Registration as Needed (Licenses, SS Card, Birth Certificate, etc.)
- Employment Assistance

All remaining funds are placed in a secure account in her name that will only be accessed by her, for her future needs.

Gofundme: https://www.gofundme.com/homeless-woman-guarding-trump-star-2wfdr9g

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums