Quantum Paradise

Jul 14, 2013
✟349.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hello All :)

Decided to start a thread for the purpose of sharing favorite artists/songs/music videos, though specifically for the gospel rap/hip-hop genre. It's a movement that is exploding, and there is a lot of great stuff out there. The idea here is to perhaps learn of new artists you haven't heard of before, or expose other members who aren't versed in the holy hip-hop scene to the best that the genre has to offer.

Feel free to share thoughts and opinions as well, perhaps write out a portion of the lyrics as an encouragement, share about a particular artist, whatever you feel compelled to do. Maybe you'll just want to simply post a song, that's fine.

Enjoy and Be Blessed!

Quantum Paradise

Jul 14, 2013
✟349.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Eshon Burgundy, one of the most eloquent lyricists I have ever come across. His music video for "I Don't Want You", here's a snippet:

"...I’m in the air so let me swish it. 'Cause the prince of the air want to get me twisted, offer me everything that he has been made rich with. But then I flash the wedding ring that’s wrapped around my spirit, this matrimony is not only wrapped around my lyrics. It’s wrapped around my heart I rap it just so you can hear it. In fact, it’s my armor this what happens when I wear it. Happily married to the universal engineer, designer of that refining fire let’s make it clear..."

Eshon Burgundy - I Don't Want You - 2012 [ @BurgaKing @SalvationArmie ] - YouTube

Upvote 0

Quantum Paradise

Jul 14, 2013
✟349.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Music video for the song "Distorted Joy" by Theory Hazit of Humble Beast, probably my favorite artist at the moment. No song hit me as hard as this one did, which speaks about young pregnant mothers with drug addictions who abuse their bodies. He gives a voice to the unborn baby, as he speaks to his mother about what he is experiencing in the womb. The quote at the end of the video,

"Do you gaze upon the troubled souls around you with compassion or contempt?
When you see people who are broken, worn-out & oppressed are you moved towards prayer or pride?
Have you considered God's mercy towards you?
Our pride and contempt is no less offensive than the sins which offend us the most."

Theory Hazit - Distorted Joy (@th3oryhazit @humblebeast @rapzilla) - YouTube

Upvote 0

Quantum Paradise

Jul 14, 2013
✟349.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Mars ILL

[youtube]Jf63Wv6Atl8[/youtube]

To be honest I haven't really heard of these guys. Love the more rustic hip-hop style, good stuff. Thanks for the share.

P.S. If you got any other artists/groups with this kind of style, I'd love to check them out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jenn Lovely

Jul 25, 2013
✟15,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Check out this artist Jay Matthews. His music is amazing and I felt I had to share it with you all. We all struggle with faith and I just love his thoughts on it!!

Here is the link as well it has a free download link on it!!

go to youtube and type in Jay Matthews - Earn Your Wings

Upvote 0

Quantum Paradise

Jul 14, 2013
✟349.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Check out this artist Jay Matthews. His music is amazing and I felt I had to share it with you all. We all struggle with faith and I just love his thoughts on it!!

Here is the link as well it has a free download link on it!!

go to youtube and type in Jay Matthews - Earn Your Wings

Wow, had no idea about this guy, very good song! I looove 8th Wonder, apparently he just released his debut album. Thanks for the share! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums