Apr 26, 2006
✟7,628.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I just wanted to say hello and say that I am grateful to find a place where I can ask questions as I am definately a "seeker" at this point in my life...and really the whole of my life has been consumed with looking for God in one place or another.
Years ago I attended Baptist and Assembly of God Churches and was a born again christian..while I loved the Lord certain things about Fundamentalism really turned me off and I became very disillusioned with Christianity. I wont bore you with the whole story, but I left the church, found Paganism and lived that life for the last 8 years or so...I never really lost my love for Jesus and recently started reading about the Christian Gnostics and find them fascinating.
I am rethinking my spirituality...nothing has fulfilled me, yet I don't seem to be able to stop searching..I hope this is a place that can help me find what (or Who) I am looking for.
I look forward to meeting you all.

Reactions: Bro_Sam

Hackett

Contributor
Oct 4, 2005
Texas
✟25,290.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Welcome.

Searching is good..that is how we all came to Christ. I pray that He will open your eyes and heart to hear His truth. Ephesians 3: 14 - 21 as Paul prays for believers in his day I will pray for you.

14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, 21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen. :prayer:

Upvote 0

Amara

Apr 26, 2006
✟7,628.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Amara said:
I just wanted to say hello and say that I am grateful to find a place where I can ask questions as I am definately a "seeker" at this point in my life...and really the whole of my life has been consumed with looking for God in one place or another.
Years ago I attended Baptist and Assembly of God Churches and was a born again christian..while I loved the Lord certain things about Fundamentalism really turned me off and I became very disillusioned with Christianity. I wont bore you with the whole story, but I left the church, found Paganism and lived that life for the last 8 years or so...I never really lost my love for Jesus and recently started reading about the Christian Gnostics and find them fascinating.
I am rethinking my spirituality...nothing has fulfilled me, yet I don't seem to be able to stop searching..I hope this is a place that can help me find what (or Who) I am looking for.
Never mind..I don't mean to be rude, but this place has so many rules about who can post what where..I just spent twenty minutes trying to ask an intelligent question and when I tried to post it I was told I hadn't posted enough yet..I will find another place.
Maybe you should just let people say whatever they want as long as they're respectful and don't try to convert others...just a suggestion.

Upvote 0

euphoria

Hebrews 13:8
Apr 15, 2006
✟9,837.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello and welcome to CF! :wave:

attachment.php

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kaisersoce25

Apr 25, 2006
✟15,121.00
Faith
Christian
i am also a week into this type of forum, as long as u don't curse it should'nt be too trivial, i'm a christian with an extensive goth background, i'm still goth i don't care, i know where my heart is! u sound like somebody that knows how to read between the lines, god is constantly calling out to you, because you are AWARE!
This is the largest christian/Multi-Denom forum, "a perfect/tool", hehe!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bfly

Contributor
Oct 2, 2005
Alabama
✟23,591.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Amara said:
Hello and Welcome

We are so proud to have you join our family.
May your time here be spent well and you find all your answers.
Please come often and invite all your friends.
Your will find the most wonderful refreshments provided free.
I pray your cup will be full and running over with:
Love, Joy, Peace, Kindness, Patience, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-Control.
and may the
Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ
be with your spirit.
:prayer:

Upvote 0