Hi I just wanted to know everybody's opinion.

Jim2011

Feb 14, 2011
Pennsylvania
✟7,757.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What should i do if God tell me that he wants my love but i cannot see Him in person or talk to Him but I fell like He waits for my love but i can not see Him.
I'm sorry, I don't know how to answer your question. I wonder if I am asking a similar question myself. How do I communicate with God when I dont know how to hear him? Would anyone else care to answer the question? There are at least two people looking for an answer.

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
What should i do if God tell me that he wants my love but i cannot see Him in person or talk to Him but I fell like He waits for my love but i can not see Him.
Saving faith isn't a feeling or something you can see. It is simply resting in the finished work of Christ Jesus The Lord.

You need to recognize first that God waits on no one. He isn't waiting for you to do something He is either doing it for you and in you or He is not. He needs nothing from us.

As to how we communicate with Him, we do so by reading His Word and prayer. We attend the faithful worship of the true God and hear Him speak by His word.

Many who saw the Lord Jesus Christ didn't love Him they hated and crucified Him.

(1Pe 1:7) That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

(1Pe 1:8) Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

(1Pe 1:9) Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Reactions: sahjimira
Upvote 0

mikenold

Jan 10, 2005
✟7,868.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
God has given us a way to find out all about him. Read the bible and get to know him. He has plenty to say to you if you seek him.

De:4:29: But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.

Reactions: mikedsjr
Upvote 0

mikedsjr

Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
What scriptural reference have you read or what sermon did you hear that gives you the belief God asked this of you?

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi jenny,

Well, no one sees God. That's what faith is all about. The assurance of things not seen. However, we can know God. We can know His heart and His desires and who He is. God has been quite clear to give you all the information that any one of us needs to know Him through the Scriptures.

Friend, you exist because God is. The place where your feet rest right this moment is there because God is. The oxygen that you inhale in the next second is there because God is. The very life that you live and the breath and food that have sustained your life for however many years you have lived is there because God is. Your mother and your father exist in the same way that you exist because God is. The bricks or stucco or lumber that was used to build the home in which you live exists because God is. The carpet or tile or linoleum on your floors is there because God is. God made everything and there is nothing that has been made by man that doesn't start with what God made. Plastics, metal, wood, silica. Everything, let me be perfectly clear that absolutely everything that exists, the first cause is God.

But no, we can't see him. I have never seen God, but by faith and the witness of His testimony, I know that He is! If I can help in any way, don't hesitate to ask either here or by message.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0

mikedsjr

Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'm going on the presumption you are a child of God and have repented and have been baptized.

The fact you are asking the questions means you desire to know more about God. The fact that you are asking the questions means the Spirit is working in you whether you know it or not.

I think you are getting a very popular understanding of God that you demonstrate is a false understanding of God. When you read your Bible, whether you feel it or not, you are connecting with God. Connecting with God doesn't mean you say a long majestic prayer that causes a halo to hover over your head. Bad theology leads people to guilt and not to the resting arms of grace of God. You don't have to TRY to connect with God. You ARE connected with God already. No emotion required to be connected. Rest in that.

And one more thing every time i try to connect with God i fell like he goes away is anyone here experiences this?

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said if you love me you will keep my commandments. Just do that and your love will be evident.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Jenny Smith. God is all-powerful and God can see you. if God asks you to do something, God will be watching you and seeing you. In Matthew 22: 35-40: Jesus tells us: " The first and great Commandment is: Love God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. The second is like it: love your neighbour as yourself.
Jesus can see us, but we cannot see Jesus, our body is earthly, with eyes that can see earthly things, Jesus is like God and Jesus can see everything. But Jesus wants us to Love God and love our neighbour, and how do we show our Love to God? We DO what Jesus wants from us, Jesus/God can see all. We ask God for Love and Joy, then thank God, and share all love and joy with our neighbour. (our neighbour is: all we know and all we meet, friends and
not friends) We keep asking for Love and Joy, then thank God and share all love and joy with our neighbour.
God will see our loving efforts, and God will approve and bless us. God can see everything, and we can only see with
our bodily eyes. I say this with love, Jenny. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

terryjohn

Sep 26, 2014
✟8,626.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Is the grace and love and glory of God of so little effect that we cannot so much as experience it? Is a relationship in His Spirit so undeterminable as to be said to be nonexistant? Be not decieved for men and women of God are transformed by something greater than themselves. In coming to Christ I was afraid to open the door because I knew all too well what God required of me, but until I did I could expect nothing from God. Finally the desire for everything God offered helped me surrender and I can fearfully testify to the power, love, glory and grace of God. If you have not heard from God then fall on your knees and honestly plead your case. Know scripture as we claim, how can we ask what does Christ want us to do and say?

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Your not listening, That is why you can not hear God. Been reading this thread and yes God waits on us all or else no of us would be here, no there is something God wants from us and something we must give God. We must give our selves this is what God ask from us to surrender our will and take up His will. Yes you do have something God wants and something you can give God and its you, that is all. So that clears up some junk going around.

You have to have faith, accept God, we see by faith, it takes time and we have to build and work on it, reading Gods word, praying, praising God, fasting, giving, worshiping God. You don't start off eating meat as a baby do you? What you ask for from God is the meat, but just like a baby you must start with milk, then baby food and build up to the meat.

Reactions: now faith
Upvote 0

sahjimira

God of miracles.. He saved ME!
Jul 29, 2015
Florida
✟18,595.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What exactly do u mean. Have u ever loved an idea or something else u can't actually see? What do u think He means by wanting ur love
And one more thing every time i try to connect with God i fell like he goes away is anyone here experiences this?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sahjimira

God of miracles.. He saved ME!
Jul 29, 2015
Florida
✟18,595.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Be still and know that I am God. Draw high to God and He will draw high to you. Relationship takes time to develop. We usually don't have a problem spending time witha guy we want to know better. We try to find out everything we can about him.
The sermon on the mount, the beatitudes r so true..seek and u will find

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You can see the words in the Bible.
you can see His creation all around you.

Maybe go into nature, like up a mountain and be inspires by what He created.
Thr bible gives us many word pictures of God, we can kinda know what he looks like, if we think of Jesus,as the son is like his Father.

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

Jenny,

Are you struggling with not being able to see God so that you can believe Him and what he says? If so, you will never see God, but you know of his existence. Read Romans 1:18-20 (NIV).

Or, are you wanting to hear the voice of God? Remember John 16:5-14 (NIV):

5“But now I am going away to the one who sent me, and not one of you is asking where I am going. 6Instead, you grieve because of what I’ve told you. 7But in fact, it is best for you that I go away, because if I don’t, the Advocate won’t come. If I do go away, then I will send him to you. 8And when he comes, he will convict the world of its sin, and of God’s righteousness, and of the coming judgment. 9The world’s sin is that it refuses to believe in me. 10Righteousness is available because I go to the Father, and you will see me no more. 11Judgment will come because the ruler of this world has already been judged.

12“There is so much more I want to tell you, but you can’t bear it now. 13When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own but will tell you what he has heard. He will tell you about the future. 14He will bring me glory by telling you whatever he receives from me. 15All that belongs to the Father is mine; this is why I said, ‘The Spirit will tell you whatever he receives from me.​

To hear the voice of God, via the Holy Spirit, I know of two ways to sharpen that: (1) Read the Scriptures regularly (daily if possible) and listen to his voice through Scripture, and (2) In prayer, listen to the Spirit's voice in your conscience. That takes regular listening to the still small voice of the Spirit. However, beware of this listening as it can be contaminated by your own wishful thinking - I'm speaking from just over 50 years of experience.

I don't know exactly what you are asking, but if you want to see God physically, it won't happen. 'For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth' (John 4:24 NLT).

There are other unseen things that we accept and believe by faith. I've crossed the Tropic of Capricorn many times in my life (near Rockhampton, Qld) but I've never actually seen it. I use the Google search engine regularly, but its mechanism for searching is unseen to me. How many other unseen things do you accept by faith?

Oz

Upvote 0